Freindly reminder that GM literally cannot outperform a V6 ford

Freindly reminder that GM literally cannot outperform a V6 ford.

youtu.be/uT-MFAQT8tc?t=12m50s

detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2016/05/02/ford-gt-wins-race/83826794/

Other urls found in this thread:

gmauthority.com/blog/2013/07/corvette-c7-r-engine-to-retain-5-5l-displacement-implement-direct-injection/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>GM
>Ford
Yeah, where were the flat 6 Porsches? Oh yeah, ahead of both.

What the fuck are you talking about? Porsche lost too.

Your move OP

F O R D
O
R
D

>forced induction beats naturally aspirated

in other news water is wet and we need oxygen to survive.

BMW better step their shit up

>points

nigga you are fucking retarded

>ford releases a new race car
>ford has issues with said race car
>gm fans talk shit about a brand new race car for having issues
>ford finally fixes the problems
>gm gets btfo
>gm fangirls scream it's not true
top kek.

We all knew this day would come. Let the assmad begin.

Do you want teams or drivers then?

>GM release C7.R
>It does good
>Takes class victory at LM
>Takes victory at 24 Daytona
>takes victory at sebring
>leading in points for driver, manufact, and teams

>ford hypes new GT
>says its the best GTLM car
>carryover motor from Daytona Proto
>does shit
>blows trans
>electrical systems kill itself
>finally gets 1 win
>OMG GREATEST CAR EVER!!!!111!!!!1

wat

>literally cannot outperform a V6
kek

>It does good
yeah, so good they couldnt get the new LT4 to work and used an older engine

mods where the fuck are you

You mean
>Ford hypes new GT
>engine already proven to be fantastic at Daytona Pro
>has typical new car problems
>Ford fixes said problems
>GM gets BTFO
>GM fangirls get asshurt and go full damage control mode

>5.5 V8
>twin turbo charged 6cyl
>same power
>Same weight

????

kek, GM fangirls LITERALLY begin for help

Why didn't the new C7.R have new car problems?

it clearly did, since they had to drop the LT4 and use an older engine from the c6

but muh cooling issues

are the doors going to be normal?

scissor doors are my guilty pleasure

>gm fangirls literally resorting to the mods to prevent gm from getting btfo any harder
They put restrictions on the engine to prevent it from making more power.

Because they reused a fuckton of parts from the C6.R which didn't have new car problems anymore.
Even their racing team knew the new Corvette is shit.

The LT4 isn't even allowed first of all because it's displacement is to big. Where did you come to this conclusion that that was the motor? Do you not realize the build specific engines for the racecars? LS5?

So? Rules are rules. The vettes v8 is also restricted

Reuse the motor becuase t

I could not care less which brand is doing however, just as long as I have fast cars to buy. You are posting literal garbage, though, and taking up space that could be used for actually good threads that aren't mass shitposting
>facts are shitposting
No, shitposting is shitposting. It's a manner of posting, not a content issue.

Damn. Cut me off

They reused the lS5.5 because they just built it for the c6.r.

I'm just alerting gm fans that their precious corvette has been destroyed and will continue to get destroyed.

>the viper could run the 8.4L v8 with no problem

try again

>viper
>V8

what?

>Because they reused a fuckton of parts from the C6.R which didn't have new car problems anymore.

Whats so wrong with that? if its reliable and doesn't break, i see no issue.

That is a special case. They can race because its a GT3 class car and not a GTE

But the C7R uses a destroked LS3, the Corvette team could've used a destroked LT4 if they wanted, but clearly didn't. The LS3 is proven and reliable, while the LT4 has issues and is currently unusable in GT racing. We might see it in a few years as GM works out the kinks, but until then the LS3 is superior.

fucked it up i guess

Then don't shitpost about it.

My bad, meant LS5, not 3.

>dumbass thinks they were using the LT4 in a racecar

The LS5 was always a 5.5 engine built just for sports car racing. They can't use the LT4 Because
>6.2 liters
>forced induction
And that when it comes to endurance racing street motors are no bueno

>corvette c7 z06 used for GTLM don't come stock with LT4

try not being a retard

>b-but muh endurance built 5.5 liter LS5

>porsche, ferrari, aston martin, dodge and ford are all using the stock powerplants found in the production cars

why is GM so pathetic

it did not, they have always used a 5.5L since they couldn't use the LS7 anymore.

>thinks the C7.R and the z06 are the same thing

They're both corvettes, ill give you that kek

I hate to go against ford, but GM has been winning almost every race so far, and probably should have at long beach too

>this car, which is then modified to GTLM specifications doesnt come with an LT4

seriously, stop being a retard

None of their engines are small enough. It's specifically designed for racing. All the cars you mentioned are heavily altered race versions

>i don't understand homologation rules

its people like you who put the homo in homologation

>still thinks a z06 is a C7.R

How stupid are you?
They are both used for completely different situations and use different technology

>L86 and L83 not being under 5.5 liters

see

I'm sorry but it doesn't.

It's just a direct injection 5.5L with restrictor plates.

GT3 cars don't even make anything north of 500HP

gmauthority.com/blog/2013/07/corvette-c7-r-engine-to-retain-5-5l-displacement-implement-direct-injection/

>C7.R came before the z06
It needs to be based of a production car that car being the corvette NOT the z06. They can do whatever they want under the hood as long as it follows the rules

SeeI find it hilarious that you clowns think the LT4 should be in there

they couldn't base the engine on the LT4 because the LT4 is shit

>L86 is a truck engine and its 6.2
>L83 is also a truck engine

They could use the L83 but it would be massively modified only leaving the Block bored and its a truck motor. That's all they would use. Just like the other manufacturers

they can use something like the LS327 they used to make.

Or destroke an LT1.

Because they already had a tried and true motor already in the car and that the LT4 doesn't abide by the rules? It will just end up as another 5.5 liter v8 with no supercharger

>I'm sorry but it doesn't.
it does
learn what homologation rules are
C7R are modified c7 z06s

>It needs to be based of a production car that car being the corvette NOT the z06.
funny because the C7R says "z06" in the front quarter panel
> They can do whatever they want under the hood
yeah, and they do it because the LT4 is a turd

the fact is they are using another engine instead of destroking the LT4 because they know the LT4 is shit, hence why it overheatds and explodes in a couple of miles

Again, they would be massively modified beyond the road going versions.

What don't you understand about this car being built and raced before the z06 was ever released? The z06 is BASED OF THE C7.R. Also do you not pay attention to what the rules say? Even if its shit they still can't use it BECAUSE IT DOESN"T FOLLOW THE RULES

why not use the new engine with all the latest technology?
oh right, it's shit so they had to fall back on the old engine with a DI system slapped on

idk or is it because they have a good motor?
Ferrari ran the 458 motor forever in racing.
Why would they want to invest into building something new when the LS5 is one of the best motors in its class?

and the LS5.5R isn't?

That motor is specifically built for racing. It's not based of any other production engine other than the small block architecture and the basic cam design

(LS5 is the LS5.5R)

I am aware?

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm not the faggot that thinks the engine they use is an LT4 I'm saying they can build a better motor for racing with what they already have.

Race Car novice here. Have a question.

Do the rear openings on the GT act like a spoiler?

True, but i don't think they are going to change it for a while. Its already a good motor as is.

Yes, it also sucks the car to the ground if the underbody is slick enough

Yes and for cooling

FUCK i hate that i missed most of this thread as I've been wanting to discuss the latest GT efforts in IMSA

Quick question since everyone is arguing about whether the C7R should've used the LT4 or not first of all doesn't the LT4s problems stem from its Supercharger? (which they wouldn't be using in the C7R as i don't think any Vette (not even the ZR1-based racing vettes used Superchargers) if they have used superchargers in Previous vettes then my mistake.

As for the engine not being used because of its problems what about the LS7? didn't that engine also have problems with its valve-train? how did they manage to use that all throughout the C6Rs Endurance racing endeavor?

Is the LT4's situation worse off than the LS7's?

I think dropping the LS7 had to do with restrictions on displacement. Max for le mans is 5.5 NA.
And some tard said the LT4 was the original engine in the C7.R blah blah blah. General stupid stuff.

Basically LT4 cant race because its too big and uses forced induction and the LS7 is too big

you are retarded

the date GM officially launched the c7 z06 is not the same date they finish designing it

you are literally a dumb fucking retarded faggot that thinks that the z06 is based of the c7r

you ar literally this retarded

> they still can't use
yes they can, dodge got away with an 8 liter v10, and they can destroke the LT4 or the LT1

they didn't because the LT is a shit

At the IMSA, the winners were Porsche, Ferrari, and BMW in that order.

Or maybe they used the block with all LT everything on top of it because the LS block is already FIA homologated and it's fine so there's no point to swap and you're talking out of your ass about shit on a Laotian finger-painting forum

>arguing about cars that none of us will ever touch

How much is this going to cost?
800k? 2m?