Sorry if i made this thread before, I'm thinking about buying a honda coupe...

Sorry if i made this thread before, I'm thinking about buying a honda coupe. I just test drove one today and I'm falling in love, the salesman was even a jap. If I want to work on it how new can I go, did honda make it so i need special tools in 2008 or 2012? The one's i'm looking at are 2008-2013(2013 is late year 2012) the 2013 i drove was pretty good though.What's a good commuter that doesn't need special tools when it breaks?

FA5 Si

>how new can i go
>did honda make it so i need special tools in 2008 or 2012?
>What's a good commuter that doesn't need special tools when it breaks?
you are joking right?

The newer the car, the more electronic it's going to be and thus the harder it's going to be to work on/modify.

Older cars typically have more mechanical components that can be DIY replaced so I would recommend buying as old as possible if you're looking to wrench it.

That being said, older cars are more likely to have problems so plan accordingly.

no, the m6/m5 had the v10 until 2010 and are still serviceable with pirated scan tools.
I guess I'm not sure what you are questioning.

>so plan accordingly
>accordingly
>accord

i see what you did there

what the fuck are you talking about?

as i said in
we can scan the codes and even do window/battery replacements, when is the cut off for vpn into dealership networks to flash ecu?

Your posts aren't making any sense, guy

What are you?
I didn't understand your point then and i still don't

seriously.

are we talking about honda or what?
wtf is this "m6/m5 had the v10 until 2010 and are still serviceable with pirated scan tools" bull shit?

nigga we thought you were talking about honda coupes

what's this V10 nonsense?

Wtf are you on about m8? If you can afford to buy this car you can afford to take it to to the dealer so they can actuate the abs for brake fluid flushes. (just an example, it might not be applicable)

Car engineers do not have some vendetta against diyers. The accord coupe is shit though because it's a modern car with a high beltline and shit visibility and shit steering.

im seriously glad im not the only one confused as fuck

oh...
You can release clutch pressure and do a full replacement of the SMG with a pirated scan tool, you don't even have to do the entire unit, you can just replace the pump.
I'm talking about being able to communicate with the system to replace parts that could be done at home but would require the dealership if, only a professional can do it.

Bro...

Provided you aren't a troll, you can DIY any modern car if you put down a little money for a decent factory-grade scan tool. 600 bucks got me an Autel MaxiDas system that can act as a dealer level scan tool for pretty much any carmaker but Ferrari.

>SMG
so bmw then?
you might need to buy the snap-on scan tools for shit like that which are 1500-10000$

if you need help with honda im here since i work for honda

Fuck Snap-On, You can pick up an Autel system like the one I have for less than a grand any day, and I find the functionality to be way better than any Snap-on scan tool I've ever come across. Plus the scanner is also a full function android tablet

I claim BMW need special tools while not knowing if Honda needs them in the modern era.

>LOL BRO other cars need special tools?!!!
please green text me when you said, post 2008 honda requires no special tools.
I must be joking right?

I mean, my 2014 C300 doesn't require any 'special tools' to perform normal maintenance. I don't imagine a modern Honda will either. Advanced scan tools are used to when you need to actuate/test specific system in a car, or read factory specific error codes for systems like ABS/TCS/ESP/SRS.

Can also be helpful in letting you look up stored info in the ECU

>yfw a 2001 Mercedes keeps records of what sensor triggers the car alarm

pulling the smg and replacing the pump isn't "normal" maintenance. Note, I didn't say normal.

they dont need special tools you fuck

what eves man i dont buy snap ons electronic shit i just buy the tools

Are you sure? I can fix a malfunctioning backup camera with my standard socket set?
Or did you mean I can buy a postage label?

any newer honda cvt needs the transmission re programmed after a fluid change. i personally havent done one of these since newer hondas with the newer cvt dont need that maintinence yet

im confused why are you upset sperg?

Different scenario altogether. Pretty much ANY car since OBDII became a standard will require an advanced scan tool for certain repairs.

If you're a serious DIY mechanic, you're going to want to spend the money for a good scan tool at some point regardless, simply because of the convenience it allows you when trying to work with more modern cars

What's the schedule the crz has been out since 2010 and was available with cvt at launch. I would assume at least one of them would be at 16k per year.

>Pretty much ANY car since OBDII became a standard will require an advanced scan tool for certain repairs.
So you answered your question, except for the fact that my 2004 mustang doesn't require any special tools for most repairs, I'll give you "certain repairs" I don't expect most of my repairs to be "certain repairs" That's a line a service adviser gives me when they say only I can order the pats.

and again, absolutely no one in this thread knows what the fuck point you are trying to make

i havent seen one come in for a fluid change yet. the oldest crz to come into my dealership was 2012. most of the people with these vehicles ignore the maintinence minder system when the transmission fluid is due and choose not to get it
>hello user your crz seems to have the maintinence minder code "A13" due. would you like it done? were having a special right now its only 200$ full service including a full vehicle inspecion
>no maybe next time i only want the oil change done
>as you wish user

every person gives the same excuse because they dont want to pay for that shit at the dealership

stop thinking anything that needs to be replaced on a new car requires a scan tool jeez user

do you just listen to check engine lights?

So... you are saying they are driving less than 15k a year?
Why are they buying crz?

do you know fuck all about anything involving basic to intermediate to advanced preventative maintinence or vehicle repair? is that why you are on about scan tools? holy fuck.

no i hook up my laptop to the vehicle using a tool called the "mongoose"
i open honda diagnostic systems
i click on "check honda systems"
then "all dtc check"
and i go from there.

you need to stop seriously you will sleep better at night

no im saying i havent really seen older ones come in im also saying when that service is due people choose not to get it. especially at honda. i dont even see alot of crzs come in and when they do come in its just for an oil change like i previously stated. what was so confusing about my last post?

I'm a mechanic that wants to rape you to sleep. Thanks m8, that really helped me figure out what tool i needed to DIY my accord.

you can buy the mongoose too.

longpost guy literally made 3 posts about a good scan tool

Then your opinion doesn't matter to me. If you are in a location where a "sporty commuter" can't see 60k in 4 years, you aren't the honda mechanic I need to talk to. Sorry about your life?

lol wut.
sorry about my life?
sorry my dealership doesnt see alot of crzs dude.
go back to worrying about a cvt transmission fluid change schedule.
come back when you have another logical question that pertains to something other than asking me when a crz needs its cvt fluid changed. fuckling waste of time

So you still don't know?

no one in this thread knows what the fuck you're trying to get at dude, so please enlighten us all

its due when it fucking says so on the maint-minder its on a timer too. if you talk to service advisor and you ask "when is my cvt fluid due for changing" they are going to say when it pops up because theres no chart stating when its due. stop worrying about it.