If Trump removed the 25 year restriction on imported cars, would you support him?

If Trump removed the 25 year restriction on imported cars, would you support him?

Things like this are totally irrelevant considering all the problems there are right now but I guess since he's a huge car fanatic you'd have the best chances with that guy

I'd support him if he got rid of CAFE standards.

No. He doesn't even know what he supports.

elaborate

I already support him lad

Congress won't allow it.

He'll say whatever it takes to get elected.

what do you mean?

He often changes his mind within 24hrs.

yeah an he racis
RACIS

He is a lier.

It's not unheard of for people to lie in order to get money and power.

Damn, you got me there. I probably actually would vote for him if he promised that.

What's wrong with people who like racing?

Why? So weebs can buy cars that are slower and more expensive than cars that are already here?

It's like you don't want to win all of your stoplight races.

no

I dont think theres a thing that could make me vote for Trump unless it involves directly buying my vote for a ridiculous sum

RACIST

You have to be 18 to vote.

>american """""""cars"""""""

He brought up a legitimate point

Running on the republican ballot is easy

>hate obamacare
>hate taxes
>Love guns
>muh political correctness

I know

my 1st ever vote went to Obama

Turns out we make the best Japanese cars here in America. This hurts the weeb.

Could you imagine the worldwide butthurt if the 25 year rule was abolished? The prices of everything JDM would instantly skyrocket.

fool! you've doomed us all.

He's for government paid medicine (taxpayer paid) and he used to be against guns months ago. He wants raise taxes.

Obama hasn't killed us all. That's Trump's job.

Nah.

I know that feel bro. The '08 election happened during my senior year of high school and I turned 18 just a few months prior. I fell for all of the liberal propaganda despite living in a very red state. They manipulated our little minds with their race based bullshit. The next time around I wised up, supported Ron Paul (even volunteered at one of his speeches and got to go back stage and shake his hand), but when he didn't get the nomination my vote went 3rd party to Gary Johnson.

>The prices of everything JDM would instantly skyrocket

Why would increased supply drive up the price? They already price gouge with the legally imported cars.

>Obama hasn't killed us all

How could he, only whites are evil, oppressive, racist and violent remember.

>try to import something
>cant get past wall
thanks trump

It won't happen though. Trump is a corporate shill who only cares about money. And money is the problem here. The 25 year law was put into effect specifically so Mercedes would stop losing money hand over fist to private importers.

>trying to import a car with an illegal alien inside it

>correct paperwork
>suddenly wall gets passed, no problem

that was hard

>not trying to smuggle in a Japanese qt3.14 in your sweet new ride

WE HAVE TO GO BACK

I would have voted for Bernie, but am considering Trump for entertainment value and butthurt now.

Americans not being allowed imports means more 90s shitboxes for us.

retarded question, Veeky Forums already supports trump and president's can barely do anything to make or change existing law so even if Trump, Bernie, Hilary (or whoever is left on the Republican fence) made their campaign about preserving your shitbox, drag strip and race track while also allowing total freedom to import any cool car in the world, any such proposed legislation would never get past the sissy nannies on the left who are afraid of driving and pollution or the nitwits on the right because it's not related to creating more debt by spending on spying on our citizens/fighting terrorism/national defense
>implying whoever gets elected won't just be taken in by the system anyway

this guy knows

>more 90s shitboxes for us.

No.

All those Euro cash for clunkers exported them to Afric- .. I mean they got officially scrapped.

Are you an idiot? Trump is the LAST person who would change the import restrictions. If anything, he'd make the restrictions stricter. He wants to reduce our importing, and will raise the tariff on imported goods.

If a miata drifting around liberals, Rolls Royce collection, and riding with Mario Andretti doesn't prove he's pro cars I don't know what will.

Meh it was a dark time but the second hand market is still good. There's also still rich pickings in japland.

Why don't you guys import jdm before the 25 year rule, garage the car, then wait it out to register it? You'd surely be saving a shit ton before ricer tax kicks in and get to stop another X years of the car rotting away somewhere.

>whoever is left on the Republican fence
There was Ted Cruz, but he dropped out after there were reports from Satanists that he gave Lucifer a bad name

>Why don't you guys import jdm before the 25 year rule, garage the car, then wait it out to register it?
literally will not work. It's been tried. So long as it's in the country, they will find it, seize it, and crush it. It's been done numerous times.

Car can only be registered for road use if it's imported after it becomes legal
If it's imported before that it can only exist as a show car for the rest of its life

>If it's imported before that it can only exist as a show car for the rest of its life

Sounds like Mercedes needs another Dresden tbqh.

>Sounds like Mercedes needs another Dresden tbqh.

Fuck Mercedes, if they had sold the models that people actually want here in the US, then they wouldnt have imported them in the first place.

>BURR HURR YOU GUYS ARE IMPORTING OUR CARSSOLD HERE INTO THE US AND WE ARE LOSING MONEY, WELL GIVE YOU LOTS OF MONEY TO REGULATE IMPORT BURR HURR

>lier
Bernie fans, everyone

I know that feel bro. The '08 election happened 10 years after I had graduated high school and I turned 28 earlier that year. I saw all the liberals falling for the hope and change rhetoric, they never stopped to ask what would we be hoping for, what was going to be changed. Every day was like being dragged over hot coals, over and over again about Obama was going to fix everything. Months before the actual election I completely lost faith in humanity. Then it was 4 years of 'you could have prevented this', then what did they do, THEY ELECTED THE FUCKER AGAIN!!!

>not trying to smuggle in a bossy German qt3.14 in your sweet new ride

Yes.

>He'll say whatever it takes to get elected.

But isn't this like every Presidential candidate ever?

>trump
>removing 25 year restriction on imported cars
>supporting imported cars
>Mr. I SWEAR TO GOD FORD YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR HAVING FACTORIES IN MEXICO
>trumpfags are really this delusional

I wouldn't support him if he cured aids. The guy is a disaster, an arrogant, stupid moron promising things that are literally illegal or impossible. He is a complete fucking idiot and he WILL fuck up Murrica even more.

You fags do realize those JDM cars will be expensive as fuck if the 25 year law is toned down to 10-15 years.

You can hope and pray for it all you want, but 'muh jdm civic' is still gonna pop up on craigslist for $30,000. And good luck finding a Skyline GTR under $50,000.

Honestly mates you'd probably be better off with a Toyobaru. The modding scene for those cars is already good and they'll be classics 10-20 years from now.

>Trump
>REMOVING trade restrictions
Yeah no

THIS on the other hand...

because demand would go up?
there's a reason why Ausfags have been swimming in cheap GTRs

japan drives on the right side of the road faggot. do you know how expensive a conversion would be? they would quickly abolish RHD legality in your country. in australia you're allowed to import rare american cars and keep them stock LHD but only if it's basically the only one in the state.

>the price would go up if supply increased
>there is increased GTR supply in Aus, which means low prices
I'm sorry but this is a contradiction

any car before 1985 in australia can run lhd no problems

You're Goddamn right I would.

If anyone else claimed they would though, I wouldn't believe it.

GTRs are as much as japan and other countries, its the non gtr models that are cheaper

>He'll say whatever it takes to get elected.

Woooow dude, holy shit, this is some NEXT LEVEL shit. I NEVER EVER THOUGHT OF THIS.

Somebody running for OFFICE PANDERS TO PEOPLE???!?!? WHHHHHHHHAT?!

It does seem pretty stupid.
The market was sending them a big, fuck-off signal that Americans wanted to buy euro-spec mercs, you think they would have taken the hint, bring them to the US and make lots of money.

There has to be something wrong if you actually want to prevent people buying your shit instead of selling it yourself.

It wasn't that people wanted euro-spec Mercs. The Mercs people were buying were identical to the ones offered stateside. So why the private importing? Because, in the end, it was $10,000 cheaper (1980's money mind you. A lot more today) to buy the same car in Germany and have it privately imported to America.

Mercedes was price-gauging the fuck out of the American market. The market caught on and found a solution. The law put in place was Mercedes saying "Fuck you, pay OUR prices to buy it in YOUR country."

In any sane country, Mercedes would lower their prices, not pay politicians to implement a retarded law. 10/10 Murrica, good job.

Yes, and if he can get Commiefornia to conform to federal smog laws instead of their special snowflake ones I'll shill for him.

Nigger wtf are you talking about? Aren't imports a lot more expensive in most of the EU?

>implying he won't impose higher tariffs on cars made outside america

top kek

point is, there arnt many of them about. they would be

No lol, I hope that law stays in place. american tears are the juiciest

Sure you're not talking about Shillary?

At least they are not illegal murrifat.

Both of them would kill their own mother without remorse if they thought it would earn them extra votes.