I want to personally destroy the life of the person who thought this would make a good oil drain plug

I want to personally destroy the life of the person who thought this would make a good oil drain plug.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IvHbXoNFMz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kek, german mobile?

is that different to a torx head?

Thats nothing... a Punto given to my friend as payment for some work turned out to have been given a large flat-head machine screw with a rubber seal as a drain plug

Toss it out and stick in some Silly Putty.

Are you that much of a poorfag that you don't have torx heads?

If you think that's bad, pic related is my old Clio mk1's.

>it's hard to drop your oil pan, take it to a shop and have them dunk it, weld in a piece of pipe and thread it then install a real plug

you can just remove it and install one with a real hex head you know. all you need to know is the thread pitch and length.

user that is just a square drive. it's even better than a socket because you just plug your ratchet into it. most differentials have these as their drain plugs as well. I wish everything used them. impossible to strip and easier than changing socket.

That's the best plug, moron.

It's not. Forgot to say it's not a standard ratchet size. 3/8 is somewhat usable, but it's not a tight fit

Shit, lack of sleep is fucking me up, meant 1/4, 3/8 doesn't even fit.

>Renault Clio
>Euro car
>using imperial stuff
1/4th equals about 6,35mm, so if it's not a tight fit we're looking at probably a 7 or an 8mm socket here, especially since a 3/8 doesn't fit, which equals about 9,5mm.

Winrar, it's and 8mm. And standards are in fact funny stuff

>metric sockets
>imperial square drives

I just got a piece of 8mm square steel rod and use a shifter. Its still a fucking stupid idea for a drain plug though, whats wrong with a normal hex

well, just like tires.
tire width in mm
aspect ratio is a percentage
wheel diameter in inches
and speed index is a value by itself.

lower profile. less risk of grabbing stuff or getting caught. It's ideal for drain plugs situated at the lowest point of the oil pan. It's a better system making oil drain more efficient.

>8mm
that is pretty retarded for them to not just make it 3/8.

fix your shit. just google for BRZ sump plug. it's practically the same
>m16x1.5 14mm
brz is 15mm long which isnt going to hurt anything.

And this little detail makes it even more retarded

>tyre width in mm
>rim width in inches

I wonder who is behind this

I really do

Oy vey, they know!

>Trying to save money by doing your own oil change? Surely you've factored in the cost of buying a half dozen of the highest quality torx bits as well as a drill and easy out set for when all your bits break off and the fastener get worn out.

I meant hex key

As a mechanic, someone trying to jew me out of paying my rent by doing work themselves only to fuck it up and have to bring it in to fix is the best thing

>my mechanic does odd cash jobs like pressing in bearings for me because dont have an entire shop at home
>helps me out and gives it to me hard when i fuck things up
>doesnt charge me for this free banter
step up your game

>he needs help with shit often enough he has a mechanic
>he gives things to others when he fucks up rather than man up and deal with it
>he doesn't press his own bushings and bearings

You need to get gud
What does your mechanic have that you don't?
Only the knowledge that he won't bitch out.

>what do you mean not everyone has a press?

I know you're trolling at this point, but come on.

hydraulic press
welding equipment
machining tools.
a hot wife who works at the desk and a very friendly dog.

let me borrow the shop plates to drive home today with an unregistered car. everyone here wishes they had a top tier mechanic.

I had a Holden Barina (Opel Corsa) with one of these holding the timing belt tensioner. It stripped and I ended up having to angle grind the head off and twist it out with vice grips.

I had a guy come in, not even a regular customer never seen him before. He said he tried to do a head gasket on his car but rounded the head bolts and wanted to know how to get them off. I said to bring the car in and ill get them off, hes like "nah i just need to know what to do" told him to get fucked if he wants me to give him instructions how to fix his car for free

>he doesnt know about small bench presses

>rounded head bolts
how is this even possible?

should have just told him to use an angle grinder
then he would have come back and complained that his car doesnt work anymore because he didnt clean the shavings out of the head, scored the cams, valves, rocker surface.

it's retarded to get a hydraulic press that you're going to use once a year.

if you don't have Torx bits or drivers, you probably don't belong in the garage anyways

I can beat that. Torx-headed screws, EIGHT OF THEM, holding a cover onto the bottom of the engine. Can't even get at the drain plug or filter without removing it.

I was until my last oil change, and had to abandon it in order to head out and get some.

>everyone here wishes they had a top tier mechanic
I'm working on buttering mine up. They like sitting in my car and looking at it, which is good. They were irked I sold the rustheap they were making a fortune fixing bits of. But I'm treating them like people, being polite, and using the customer service voice with them. So, they tell me when stuff's wearing out so I can get it fixed, and when to bring it by.

Which reminds me, I need to book it in to get my brakes fixed.

>it's retarded to get a hydraulic press that you're going to use once a year.

I've had a 20t press for a year and have used it on 3 occasions. Other than saving me ~£150 do you know why it wasn't a retarded idea?

A: Because I'm not poor.

What the fuck's wrong with torx? You a cheap cunt with no bits?

Why use such a soft metal (brass) on an exposed part that will break off?

That's why the outsides of all cars are made of heat treated hardened steel? You're fucking retarded.

What the fuck are you doing that you're hitting the drain plug on your car on something?

But it's hellaflush stanced aesthetic rice driftcore, bruh!

the oil pan is a wear item

WHAT.

These are great, the only time I have seen them damaged is when some retard used a T40 bit to remove it instead of the proper T45.

It was me faggot come do something about it

Work in a lube shop, we bounce these and allen head drain plugs out the door.

Lots of tears from Eurotrash owners, but that is okie, their stuff is annoying to work on anyways.

Torx drain plug?? The fuck!? You live on the moon or something!?

stance child detected

>the oil pan is a wear item
Thank you user, that was a good laugh.

Why? Torx is great.

No, its pish.

>perfect fit
>no stripping
>can handle a lot of torque

We would've just put in the proper bolt (threads were fine) if the car was worth saving, but there was just too much work so we sold the usable parts and scrapped the rest

No stripping!?...you fuckin cray cray?

Never had a torx strip on me.
You just need to use the proper bit.

No, you're just a literal retard.

Torx is designed not to cam out. Phillips head screws are designed to cam out to prevent over torque.

if they ever do cam out, though

shit gets fucked up

>Mechanic is a childhood friend of my dad
>When I fuck something up, he laughs in my face, fixes it for me and charges me half

Don't Volkswagen come with those god awful special snowflake fasteners as lug nuts

They use lug bolts, not nuts :^)

youtu.be/IvHbXoNFMz4

Lol, and you wonder why you make a hair over minimum wage. No respect for other people's property, no sense of personal responsibility. I bet you blame your shitty life on boomers and the economy. Pathetic.

flatheads were designed to be a line
true story.