Be me

>Be me
>Have Civ 5 gifted to me by sister
>Been playing that and Crusader Kings 2 for the past 6 months
This morning I had my first ever Economics class and its all about opportunity costs and exchanging resources.

Anyway post media that has assisted you in your career or education by accident

>be Spic
>play Animal Crossing
>every time I find a new item I go to my house to see what it looks like
That's how I got to learn a lot of English vocabulary.

>Highschool dropout in Europe
>Spend my teens looking at funny videos and pictures on the Internet
>Tired of looking at the translated posts on blogs in my language, which always translate the jokes in ways that obviously never works
>Start reading the English version on the websites I always saw linked as source, always having Google Translate on another tab
>Start spending a lot of time on Veeky Forums (which I've used for years without understanding most of it, just because of the funny gifs and pictures) and start watching YouTube videos
>Get good enough at English and start learning a valuable skill thanks to the great resources available in ENglish but not in my language
>Today is literally the 4th anniversary of the day I started
>Up until now, I've used this skillset to make about $0
>Still spend most of my time here

>learn the most important and useful language in history and then spend all your time jerking off and looking at funny pictures
You're just like a native speaker.

Kek

>Be me
>2007
>No friends
>Guy wants to friend on RS
>POS asks to help in Wildy
>get betrayed
>lose Rune set
>quit
>never trust anyone
>question everything

> be 9
> want to play RPGs like various Final Fantasies
> all in English
> play them with a dictionary in hand
> by 11 I speak perfect English

this m8 u absolute madman

I'm way worse I think

I remember watching Family Guy and Southpark as a kid and googling every reference I didn't understand. Built up a surprisingly large general knowledge base just from that

Another one:

>Play Habbo Hotel as a kid
>Spend most of my time just bartering stuff to increase my "net worth"
>Become good and get in-game rich
>School has a fair where kids bring stuff from home and sell them (together with some arts & crafts type things)
>I spend all day using my negotiation skills to barter the stuff at my group's table with the better stuff at the other kids' tables
>Mostly just tricking the younger kids into giving me the coolest most expensive things in exchange for garbage
>Make a ton of money
>Never enjoyed a penny of it because always grounded or stuff like that
>mfw

>play video game for six months lol
>I took an economics class lol
That's great for you OP. Why don't you tell us what you actually learned?

I bet your search history was interesting.

>"what is NAMBLA"

I sold weed all throughout highschool and college. I kept extremely detailed records of what I did in order to maximize my profits. In every accounting class I excelled because I had practical experience with managing inventory, pricing, etc. When I learned something new in class, I would go home and try to apply it to my little business. I was the only one in my class recommended for a job by our professor because I blew everyone else away. Real life experience beats book learning every single time.

>"What is a blood orgy"

Civ V is addictive. I used to play it for MONTHS at a time, until my laptop broke down. I have had sex 4 times in my life, and desu the feeling of sex is nothing compared to the feeling of vanquishing your enemies, conquering their lands, pillaging their cities, taking their noblewomen as concubines,stealing thei resources etc..

>height of trading card game crazes
>taco bell has a vending machine with fake holographic rare cards that look real but are stickers
>jew dumb kids out of rare cards and real money
>tfw easily turned a 25 cent investment into a crisp 20 dollar bill at 10 years old but at 24 struggle to make a profit in paper trading games
What went wrong?

>early pc years don`t know the internet and how to pirate stuff
>play cracked version Age of empire 2
>fucking love that shit
>someday i have to uninstal it and instal it again
>no idea what crack is can`t play
>just can enter the game and read all the historical info about the empires and units
>still fucking love that shit
>got my first history lessons cause i didn`t know how to crack and after that i was totally into history. Always great marks

In middle school I played a text-based RPG called Kingdom of Loathing. Most of the humor was pop culture references and there was a wiki that explained all of them.

Top fucking kek

regular Veeky Forums user

>Play the Sims all through my childhood.
>Fail at real life

>play runescape
>buy low, sell high

>buy 1,000 lobsters for 200k in world 1
>go to pk worlds
> ~ ~ Selling 100 lobs 25k ~ ~
>repeat until rich

fucking grand exchange ruined everything

Bump

>Not falling for the trimming trick

>be me
>Play racing sim games as a kid and still do
>Get really good at driving
>Apply for job at a car manufacturers racing division
>Become their test race car driver.

Now I pound ass like that and drive fast cars. Next goal become formula racing driver.

>Trimming black full armor sets for only 200gp!
>Holy shit that's a good idea and I just got my first black armor set, let me trade this guy real quick
>trade 200gp and my full black armor set
>he logs out
>it begins