Why do young car enthusiasts buy FWD when there are better car options for the price

Why do young car enthusiasts buy FWD when there are better car options for the price

why does no one like you irl

i too wonder what it is about large sums of money that turns people into fucking retards

Because people can waste their money on whatever they want

Because I like to drive FWD.

Bullshit, asshole. No one likes the tuna.

Not a car enthusiast then

I enjoy rally and short course racing. You know, where FWD dominates RWD.

Then get awd your moron

Like what? The cobalt ss turbo is one of the fastest cars stock under 10k. Faster than a wrx/evo, faster than a 350z with a factory tune,, faster than most BMW'S including the 335i.

>implying awd doesn't understeer worse than a performance fwd

Pretty much the only reason I won't do AWD. They are shit on paved surfaces.

>there are better car options for the price
There isn't (at least where I live). The only RWD sport coupe that's cheaper than Integra and Prelude is BMW e36/e30. And those are basically falling apart at this point. And those FWD Hondas are just better cars.

No they aren't
E36 is better
Miata is better
240sx is better

240sx and Miata are objectively shit
E36 that are cheaper than Integras are slow as hell

rwdkids everybody

>240sx is better
And "tastefully modded".

Toyota celica or Mazda miata?

if its a 7th gen Celica then Celica

The one that's not fwd
Mata and 240sx have infinitely more potential
Bought a miata over ep3 and dc2, best decision I ever made

no they dont lol

get off of Forza

7,000000000000 bucks says you have never competed in a rally in your life.

Prove me wrong.

1997 6th gen automatic celica vs 2002 manual miata. both same mileage and price, miata has small dent in driver side rear fender. which is more fun?

Dent doesnt bother me by the way, and i actually want to learn to drive stick. here's pic

>automatic

just get the Miata

dont bother with that gen Celica

thanks, any particular reason why?

because a slow pigfat automatic fwd isnt going to be anywhere near as fun as a slow lightweight manual rwd

Name a car I can fit all my tools, a four foot step ladder and a dolly and still have as much fun as i do in my Mazda 3 sport for 4k

Bruh, I'm not arguing with you, I was just talking about how it is in my shithole.
>Miata is better
NB/NC is like 2-3 times more expensive than Hondas, NA is nonexistent.
>E36
Most of cars are in bad condition with a lots of stuff needing replacement. And they're much slower at those prices. Decent ones are pricey. But it is the most popular poorfag coupe here regardless.
>240sx is better
It's Silvia, right? They're all tuned to hell and of course are more expensive. Ordering one from Japan is just too bothersome.

And also most of other cars rely on turbo to reach the same power. For maximum poverty sport cars (notice that I don't talking about racing, only about owning a "cool" car) it's really tough to beat old Honda. Worst case scenario, you can give up on buying a coupe and get a fucking Civic with 2.0 VTEC swap. Those are fast as fuck but useless for pulling pussy, so who cares?

>rotary miata
>skyline silvia
Fuck off kid

thanks mate

>e36
Lol no

>miata
I'll give you that but I can see why most younger people wouldn't want to drive one. It'll most likely be their daily and theres no space. Plus they'll look like a faggot

>240sx
So hard to find without a side of rice

A better question is why do so many young car enthusiasts spend all their money on street vehicles instead of getting into racing?

RWD is always better

>tfw was building dream garage of cheap funboxes in head other day
>realize almost every single one is FWD

i didn't choose the fudd life, the fudd life chose me.

But you forgot it's a piece of shit.

Not in conditions where you want good traction control. With RWD you'll be slipping all over the road like my dick in your mom's cavernous vagina

but it's a fast piece of shit, that makes all the difference.

> make a point in performance driving light
>someone always says something completely unrelated to the argument like
>space , grip on rainy days

Is it because they have no argument

Fuck off, you are the same autist that spergs out whenever someone mentions a Cobalt and "good" in the same sentence and you've been doing it for years. Did a Cobalt crash because your stupid whore gf had too many retarded things attached to her keychain? Fuck you I spit on your face.

Personally I'd take the 8th gen civic sedan. I'd rather not have my car randomly shut off and kill me.

but in those conditions any advantage gained by FWD is better with an AWD setup, so why not have an AWD setup that can change bias as needed? perhaps RWD until needed, and AWD to stabilize it.

>previous comments had nothing to do with performance driving specifically
m8...

>perhaps RWD until needed, and AWD to stabilize it.
Good point.

I guess the only plus of FWD is more space inside and cheaper.

You know we're on Veeky Forums right? Come on.
>still no argument

it would be your fault for not getting the recall fixed, so it could probably be attributed to natural selection.

I actually think that Ferrari hatch/flyingbrake thingy has a setup like that, but in higher gears. maybe I'm wrong, but it threw the stig into the snow.

but lad, if you follow the posts back to the OP, it's simply "better options", with no mention of tracking.
easy to say he's looking for a daily and not a track.
>i'm on Veeky Forums
no excuse.

stay mad the cobalt is a piece of shit, faggot

On the topic of cobalts, I had a g5 and it is the worst car I have ever driven. Even before the car tried to turn it's self off while going down the high way. Four other regular sized keys was to much

>daily and not a track
Both in one. Go away

>both in one
benchracer pls stay.

Fuck you I hope you get into accident and die you shitdog. Shitpost on /v/ it's more you're style.

Fucking stupid troll your mother is a slut

>

>ignore rice-burners
>acquire GROM

Only owning one car + winter = FWD. It's pretty simple. Were you going to take it to the track anyways? Doubtful.

>FWD
>winter tires? naw i'll pass
>50 down the snowed-over highway while every decent car is struggling to break 40 without going sideways
>tfw

Winter doesn't exist. Try again.

It's faster than a skyline gtr shitlord

FWD lets you Apex faster