/hg/ - Halo General

Arby Had A Hard Life Edition

>Current Content Update:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

>Official Warzone Firefight reveal trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=3My_2vZQjBI

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/64rb9y4w

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/comic-con-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

Previous thread

No it wasn't, it was about balance. Then I brought up how it's not a new concept to put 3+ power items on a single map.

1th for smartest species in the series.

And you completely ignored that the games have different systems and thus need to be balanced differently.
On the Rig, one team spawns next to Camo, Sniper, and Plasma Caster while the other team is on the other side of the map. Shit like that is why everyone hates Rig. Because it's poorly balanced and the rest of the map is hallways.

>weapon balance is directly related to map balance
u wut 8? By that logic all the previous games maps are awful.

All 3 of those items are easily contestable by both teams.

I know one map that was definitely awful.
Lockout.

there wasn't a damage buff in previous halo games, i can deal with Overshield and the camo, but the damage buff is pure bullshit

Run away user, i agree but the lynch mob is surely coming for you.

What map has damage boost?

I know my favorite map Orion has one.

Maybe it's different for pro level teams but in average matchmaking you can contest those without much trouble.
Maybe a breakout or 2v2 map? It's not in arena or slayer.

Hardly. The team at the pier would have to be mentally handicapped to not get them first. The only one that's contestable is sniper.

No, because previous games had bigger maps with stuff that's more spread out. And when they were close to eachother, there was a giant section of the map that you could use to avoid people carrying them, like Construct or Colossus. It wasn't all a tight killbox with three or four power items stacked on top of eachother.

>It wasn't all a tight killbox with three or four power items stacked on top of eachother.
What maps is this?

Red team gets a clear shot at camo from their spawn, doesn't have to clamber in order to get it, and has the option to shoot the platform at an angle blue team can't get to.

Reply to this post and Rentaroo gets deleted
Ignore and RED kills himself

Colosseum, Rig, Plaza, Overgrowth, Truth, Eden, and Regret all fall under this.
Torque, Stasis, Tyrant, and Riptide barely have anything on them.

Camo is right under blue, and they can just boost backwards once they grab it. You'd have to be legitimately bad to not get it as blue.

@149903798
Remember to not give (You)s to posts like this

On Damnation, you can get both powerups and rockets by throwing only 2 grenades.
Prisoner and Hang Em High allowed you to jump up from camo spawn and grab rockets through the floor.
Beaver Creek had Rockets and OS right on the 50-yard line.
In default settings, Guardian spawned OS and sniper in the same tower.

On Rig, camo spawns physically above blue team. It's equal.

Why not? I want RED to live. :(

>In default settings, Guardian spawned OS and sniper in the same tower.
Wait they changed that at some point? I didn't know that.

MLG did.

I like how you can only name a small handful of maps, and most of them are from the first game. Hell, if you can throw two grenades to get both powerups and the rockets, you deserve them
>On Rig, camo spawns physically above blue team. It's equal.
No. Blue team spawns here, and camo spawns just below that. You can't even say camo spawns "physically above" them, because camo is on the second-lowest point of the map, next to the drill which is the lowest.

Camo spawns on a platform, retard.

I could go through every single map to find power items that spawn in close proximity to one another, but I don't want to. What I do want is for you to provide a similar number of examples from Halo 5 maps alone.

I played 2vs2, it was horrible and the map was called Optic something

Optic Prism. Its one of the worst maps in that playlist. It has one of every powerup on it, and two hydras. It's not balanced very well.

>Camo spawns on a platform, retard.
They moved it. If you get to say they updated Guardian, I get to bring in the updated Rig. It's in the hallway just before the platform, which is below blue team, not above.
>What I do want is for you to provide a similar number of examples from Halo 5 maps alone.
I already did. In fact, I'm pretty sure I listed off all but one or two as to whether they have this problem.

>they updated Guardian
Bungie never did. And I haven't played arena in a few months, got any proof that they moved camo on Rig?

>I already did.
Where?

>Bungie never did.
Yes they did. Or did you forget that Guardian originally had a Flare on it, but it was gone in matchmaking after the first month?
>Where?
You even responded to it.

I didn't play Halo 3 in the first month, but that Flare is entirely irrelevant to this discussion. Now about that proof that they moved camo on Rig.

I don't see any specifics on power items spawning in close proximity to one another.

>I refuse to play Halo: the post
Why are you even arguing if you're actively refusing some updates to maps while saying that others back your point? And how do you not know these map layouts?

>optic prism
Thanks for the PTSD

This is Cortaaana. She's got my back.

Not anymore, now she's wet for the Warden

Exactly what is this meme about Rentaroo getting deported and red killing himself about?

>proof they moved camo
It's moved.
Have you not played recently?

Rentaroo is a beaner and Red is a depressed alcoholic

Don't mind me, just a reminder that Forge World is the best canvas because it was made by bungie.

No, Tidal is better

ORANGED.com

honestly nah. forge world was cool at the time, and there's noting wrong with it now ("it hasn't aged well" is just a meme), but with paralax and tidal we have the potential for bigger and better things.

*tips fedora* *nods in your general direction*

You guys have to understand that Bungie made it, therefore it's better.

Pretty much baka, its too big for a forge map. Who needs completely optional space with a nice variation of prebaked terrain

Nah, 343 ended up doing a better job where forge is concerned.

Honestly will you shut the fuck up please? Literally any time anyone praises something in a bungie halo and someone else names a problem they have with it, you immediately come out of the woodwork to make the same fucking post, at this point it's almost a copypasta.

>"Hey, I like this thing Bungie did"
>"WOW ITS CLEARLY THE WORST THING EVER LOOK AT ALL THESE PROBLEMS I HAVE WITH IT YOU MUST BE IGNORING THEM DUUUUDE ITS OKAY WHEN BUNGIE DOES IT LMAO HAHA"

I'm not sure that's fair. Bungie improved forge from 3 to Reach, and 343 improved it again from Reach to 5. 5 is on the Xbone, technology has advanced, of course forge in 5 will be more powerful.

and at least bungie had the revolutionary idea to bother finishing by launch

Forge world always felt like wasted space

>at this point it's almost a copypasta.
But user.
It is a copypasta.

>tfw no /hg/ user to snuggle up next to after a long day at work but he forgot he was cooking something in the oven and we cuddle for hours but than we smell something burning and we discover the burnt food and head to Applebees instead.

>fly a banshee into the core room
>get hijacked
>blow the core with a fuel rod
A ride on the ruse cruise

What would you say was the most hype Halo content or news we got in the past 8 months?
Personally, I'd have to go for Arby in KI or the infection teaser

The Wasp.
It's my favorite vehicle of the bunch.

Halo 5 trailers

Halo 5 Beta

wasp was a let-down honestly. it's fun to use in customs I guess, but if this was their answer to the fact that there wasn't a UNSC flying vehicle since reach it's just really underwhelming to have something that feels less useful than a hog.

For me i can't decide between these:
>Arbiter in KI
>Forge textures reveal (sounds dumb i know)
>Wasp announcement

Any customs going on tonight?

>tfw mommy forcing you to go out and get a haircut and a job so you won't be able to play Xbox all day long

To be fair, is the most useful human air vehicle we have gotten so far.
>Heavy hornet: too slow, weird controls, powerful
>Light Hornet: same as above, also shitty attack power
>Falcon: super fun but not that useful
>Wasp: nice controls, speed and attack power, glass cannon

It's good in the right hands, but can be taken down quickly with even a little bit of coordination.

>tfw /hg/ can't into math

Nah. The meaning of "glass cannon" is that it hits hard while also being fragile itself. Getting shot at by a wasp is at best annoying unless you're an idiot and just stand there. It's certainly fragile though.

>falcon
>useless
haha ;)

>good
>can be destroyed by someone with the intelligence of a kinda smart dog
sure thing, man

The Falcon was pretty shit in that it needed so many people in order to do anything, and the majority of the time it would be better for those people to just stay on the ground and use their DMRs.

The Wasp hits hard if you can aim, and has the potential to survive if you're not an idiot with it flying out into the middle of the air with no cover.

Customs are on Fridays

>needs multiple people

but that's a good thing

Do you think that the warthog is bad because you need 2 people?

343 loves designing solo vehicles because they're the type of people who never had any friends to get in the hog with them

>tfw

If you press LT you will fire two almighty missiles my friend. Also the wasp is like flying Ghost, it's small, fast, agile and maneuverable, it's objectively right use of the word the best human air vehicle for offensive purposes.

The Warthog only requires one additional passenger, and is able to turn its gun 360 degrees. The Falcon needs 2 people to still have blind spots, and needs to land in order to pick anyone up.
The Warthog sucks ass in 5.

>Do you think that the warthog is bad because you need 2 people?
No one is saying the Falcon is bad, we're saying the Wasp is just overall better.

Hornet was better

It had tracking missles and didn't die after three battle rifle shots AND could hold passengers

Those controls, though.

Anyone want to play some MCC? Who wants to get sweaty with me?

Depends on if Red actually gets on and isn't dead

Yeah but you're ignoring the Wasp's strongest point which is it's mobility, you can literally hide behind rocks, trees and other cover on the ground. Meanwhile the Hornet is a sitting duck in the sky, it wasn't an issue with H3's BR but in H2A you can really notice this weakness with the hitscan BR.

Looks like someone's maaaaad

I wish my wasps didn't instantly die

But user...

Look how UGLY it looks.

I mean, damn, I get Halo 3 was the "Lowest Common Denominator" game but come on...

>I get Halo 3 was the "Lowest Common Denominator" game but come on...

>pastebin still not updated

That's halo 2 anniversary

Is the flaw in that image supposed to be that the arm doesn't fly off anymore?

imgur.com/a/tmobm

>call of duty doggo

The background completely changes from scene to scene.

Any chance to see a WZFF lobby on tonite?

"This other thing is bad too" isn't a valid defensive argument, boyo

I know, and that was the *prettier* version.

That looks good to me. The hornet is a better design than the wasp

How can 3 be the lowest common denominator when 4 exists?

Not really, the Wasp actually seems aerodynamic.
More jet than heli.

but I don't want jets in my Halo game I want cool sci-fi stuff

>jets
>not the best addition to any sci-fi setting

/hg/ do I deal with fucking awful internet and keep grinding for mark IV until I get a repairman or play through the mcc campaigns on legendary

>if you can aim
unfortunately the wasp cannot, H3 warthog is literally more accurate at any significant range, and that's saying something

>flying out into the middle of the air with no cover
So... any position where it could be remotely useful?

>almighty
>easily dodged by anyone who can see them

>the wasp is like flying Ghost
except for the fact that it dishes out less damage and doesn't move as quickly, plus everyone on the map can see you unless you're hovering close enough to the ground to be hijacked

>right use of the word
if "objectively" means "not in any way whatsoever", sure

>we're saying the Wasp is just overall better
saying anything is worse than the wasp is equivalent to saying it's bad

plus that other guy did say it was bad, be careful with the use of "we".

>play through the mcc campaigns on legendary
how will that help you get mark 4?

well it wont
but the lag I'm getting right now makes MP unplayable so to grind now I just sit in the corner during WZA matches and wait for them to end

>but I don't want jets in my Halo game I want cool sci-fi stuff
Don't worry it's not a jet, it's a VTOL.

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

>having to get a haircut

I know, I hate when mine gets over 1/2'', too.

Yeah and I'd prefer a unique looking design over a generic "jet" looking design as the other user said

Not to mention that the hornet's design allowed for passengers.

Same reason why I like the SPNKR more than the boring green tube. Is it more practical? No. Does it fit the setting better? Yea.