What we learned from the Clubsport S (and every other euro hot hatch):

What we learned from the Clubsport S (and every other euro hot hatch):
>a car doesn't need retarded aero to be fast
>a car doesn't need to look like a Down's syndrome space ship to be fast
>a car doesn't need to be acclaimed by weebs to be fast
>japs literally can't into hot hatches, or fast cars at all

Other urls found in this thread:

autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/09/ford-1-0l-ecoboost-race-car-sets-nurburgring-record.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Official record videos are generally filmed like shit

Or not at all, in case of BMW. I'll never forgive that one.

>germans cant into affordable or reliable long lasting cars at all

You forgot "anymore" if anything, but why? I must have missed something.

Because (enough) people were willing to pay the ever rising prices. No need for cheapness, if people shell out.

>FWD can turn
learned that as well. They aren't the understeering torquesteering monsters Veeky Forums makes them out to be.

They never were, if you knew how to drive. At least the sport versions.

> as a Pole I don't know what's affordable car as we all drive used so I haven't tracked prices
> my -opinion- is new VWs should be reliable again as they had to get used to turbocharging their complicated shit but quite a bit time has passed already
> isn't Skoda Fabia n/a (so... German product with Czech badge) that affordable yet reliable product? It should be and it's also available as a wagon, despite slow

> isn't Skoda Fabia n/a (so... German product with Czech badge) that affordable yet reliable product?

To an extent. Even just a decent job doesn't get you that much money in D anymore, meaning even a Skoda is somewhat a big investment. 20k€ has become A LOT of money in the past 20 years (thanks Euro).

VW stealing holden special vehicles name

>hoden
>relevant

>Holden Special Vehicles
Different from holden

Can I know your monthly net salary krautbro?
> net 1700 eur salary earns for this car in 3-4 years
> that (it's a guess) 2500 eur with taxes is a right-after-uni wage unless you've done even better degree
> you buy a new car for years

>the German car maker says the record-breaking run was achieved using a unique ‘Nurburgring setting’.

It's an impressive piece of machinery (and limited to a production run of 400) but this doesn't represent the average Euro hot hatch whatsoever. Petrol turbo a best. Your gutless little Fiat doesn't have shit on this.

Yeah, around 1700 as well. And I'm in what I would consider a more or less fortuitous position of income. A lot of companies around here pay 1700 gross. If that.

With expenses, either amount doesn't leave much.

>was achieved using a unique ‘Nurburgring setting’.

It's a setting that all 400 cars will have in the "individual" mode. Says the press release.

The Mégane RS Trophy R was already faster than the Civic.

>your gutless little Fiat
Probably still has more torks than your Civic :^)

The gutless little fiat is not a hot hatch.

>Hot hatches
>Purpose built "sports cars"

Hot hatches can be fast, and comfortable, even just really good cars in general.

The thing they will never match up to though, is that their primary design was to be a cheap ecoshitbox for the school run.

I've owned base model hatchbacks and then their top range "Hot hatch" equivalent, and I can comfortably say, even though they're fun to drive, they're never going to touch a purpose built car in pure driving experience.

>muh torks
You're starting to sound like an American now.

I drive neither, but it seems fags recently try to force memes of a stock econo Civic or Punto having any value for the world of enjoyable sporty cars. Wtf kids, it's not holiday yet.

>even though they're fun they'll never be the correct kind of fun

>holden stealing porsche special vehicle name

who said that a pure driving experience was fun?

Who wants to do things that are not fun when you aren't compelled too?

>only 400 being made

Well, good luck getting one of those. I'd be more interested if Ring times were actually standardized in anyway.

All relevant times are being taken between the same two spots on the ring. Start of the time is the line behind where the GP circuit comes onto the Nordschleife, time stops at the line right after the right turn before the entrance to the GP circuit.

Sure, but I mean actual regulation. Like standardized decent street tires that every vehicle uses, no additional tuning beyond what's being released from the factory (and there should be a minimum of a 1000 units being made as well).

>no additional tuning beyond what's being released from the factory

That worked out so well with magazines' and shows' standardized tests, when Ferrari sent them tuned cars. And an F1 team worth of equipment to oversee shit.

But then, that's an extreme example.

BMW filmed the M4 GTS 7:27 Nurburgring lap in HD quality, what do you mean?

I mean, obviously there should be different regulations for different classes of car. You're not going to run the same tires on a Clubsport S or Type R as you would on the new GT or C7 or GTR, etc.

But as it stands, Ring times are a joke because companies can claim records for production vehicles when in fact the car on the track is anything but the car coming off the production line.

I'll bet you're replying to a ass ravaged GM faggot fanboy.

Here's Ford setting the 11th fastest lap time ever in a 1.0L 3 cylinder vehicle:

autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/09/ford-1-0l-ecoboost-race-car-sets-nurburgring-record.html

I mean this.

>build outrageously awesome one-off
>set "record"
>don't film it

Fuck. You. BMW.

what I learned in a decade of driving different cars
>fast fwd cars are shit
>people who modify fwd are usually poor but sometimes are just retards

You learned that you are a shit driver? That's a big thing to admit. Well done, user.

There are too many questions to be asked and then answered to make this post valuable.