[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Do Nobikes Dream of Electric Bikes? (edition)

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

>like you need reminding

>BLED, SLOVENIA
cracks me up every time.

Best waifu edition.

>the pussy game
can you please keep shit like that to yourself? sometimes i can go a whole hour without being reminded i have to share a board with literal mouthbreathing retards

did you pick the place to make a joke?

why should it be a joke?

that's pretty and all, but you're still in fucking slovenia.

ours are a one and done deal, you just pay a little extra every 5 years when you renew the normal license.

Your point being?

>but you're still in fucking slovenia.
I don't see the point

it's pretty
it's cheap
it has good roads
???

Is it possible to ride an old Honda CB and not seem like a trendy cunt? as long as it's stock?

Of course. Not dressing like a hipster will help too.

best roadbike to get after upgrading to the unrestricted A license?

I've just cleaned my helmet and noticed that the white once pure and shinny has become yellowish, like kind of bone white. The parts that were covered by the visor and the visor itself remain white as the first day.
Is there any way to recover that whiteness? Any cleaning product recomended?
>pic related, the helmet in question

wr 125

>best
Whatever you desire the most.

Just paint it green, chief.

KLR 650

6 9 0

or with road tires

Okay

I'd really like an old gsxr 750 with the dual front headlights, but I also like not getting raped by insurance and taxes and I also would like to avoid carbs.

Yeah nah, if I'd get an old dual sport I'd get a TT600 or an XT600 anyways

I couldn't deal with the fact that I could never take it offroad, but this would be so fucking cool

how the fuck am I supposed to answer this question.

Goldwing

CRF450

uhh

Ural

RGV500 gamma?

Why does that r6 look so weird?

>TT600 or an XT600 anyways
these are nice too
>I couldn't deal with the fact that I could never take it offroad, but this would be so fucking cool
Get a street triple, or a K75/K100

it has that ugly, flowy look

So you want us to tell you what you want?
Get a GS500 or decide for yourself what is worth it.

>muffled valve rocker arms breaking in the distance

loks modified for a very tall person.

>hazy cloud of burnt oil in the distance
>muffled clanking as the doohickey breaks

s1000rr
according to a guy i know who bought his second one

Tiny wheels, extended forks, 3 meters long clip-ons

600+ nakeds or supermoto-ish, they are literally the best at everything around the road. Except maybe high speed commuting, in that case get something with a windscreen.

he liked it so much he bought a second one after his first one broke?

This. That thing is probably taller than my Versys

>modded xt is cheaper but better
m-muh KTM u mad poorfag

Nice color but

>flame tank pads

never asked why he bought another one or what happened to the first one desu

That looks like an exhaust pipe spring that has failed.

What is that fuckery going on over the swingarm?

Shit. Looks like I'm shit out of luck since being a greaser in modern day means I'm a hipster apparently to some people.

No. It's a part inside the KLR engine that frequently fails.

What? You could spend $11k in mods for the XT and still not be as good as the 690. By the time you get even close you will have spent more than enough to buy a KTM.

You dress like this?

To be honest as long as you don't bastardise the bike nobody will care. The problem with hipsters and their cafe racers is the hack jobs they do on classic bikes.

>muh pigfat 660
but honestly if I could choose between a xt660 and a 690 with the same weight I'd take the xt probably
do you mean with "modded" that thing that got posted yesterday?

yes
you'd only need to spend about 1.3k to get the performance of the 690

Hah! What part is that in the KLR engine? 'Cause it looks exactly the same as your standard single coil aftermarket exhaust spring.

And if it is, means you can replace that easily broken KLR part with something more robust.

HP figures aren't the only aspect of performance though. There's still geometry, brakes, suspension, mass (and centralization of mass).

i really just want anything with a bit more power and that corners better than my current shitbike

yeah that's a bit unaffordable to me, but a great looking and sounding bike for sure

>600+ nakeds
yeah, I've seen quite some Honda Hornets and SV650s for sale here, although they are a bit bland looking, they are probably my best bet

>K75/K100
a bit too grandfatherly for my taste. the street/speed triple is pretty cool as well, but literally unavailable here for less than 5000 euros

Yes, yes I do but I style my hair with a high pompadour.

It's called the doohickey. You can replace the spring but you see that other part is the one that broke there. And replacing it after it breaks won't change the fact that you had metal bits flying around in your engine destroying everything else.

Pretty sure it's an internal part that can fail and do major engine damage.

>literally unavailable here for less than 5000
you should have mentioned this then
what about a vfr?
or a tdm
or a fzr, they are cheap

the ktm will get btfo by the Yamaha
mark my focken wurds

Doesn't sound very hipster to me. Still the bike is all that matters really.

I don't really understand why people compare the 660 and the 690 all the time. the yamaha is just a road bike with an enduro look, whith a bit more ground clearance than regular road bikes maybe. but the suspension is shit, and that really kills the offroad aspect.
the 690 is basically a big dirt bike which coincidentally can be taken off the dirt occasionally.

YBR125 or WR125

I just got a 80 cb750. first bike, got a great deal on it and have been learning maintenance and tune up related tech work on it. I dont think I look like a jackass on it, I get more "thumbs up" and head knods from strangers then anything else. I have no real fashion sense and dont look like a hipster but I did cover the white helmet I got with the bike with death metal stickers.

wr , every time

Get a CX500C

i would also consider service intervals
xt600 has 10kkm
690 has 5/7.5/10kkm, depending on the year

YBR unless you want to go 'offroad' or prefer the dual sport aesthetic.

The 690 seems like a true dual sport bike to me. It looks like it would be great on and off road. The frame is unlike any other dirt bikes I know of.

because what else you gonna compare the xt to?
or the ktm?

they are rivals, even if not specified like that. they do compare to each other.

helmet

Survived ride 4/8. In four rides, I had 3 different instructors. This one was calm, no fuss. After remembering what a clutch is and what it does (first 5 minutes of the ride) everything went smoothly. The one exception was me stalling once (down from 4 or so last time, immediate recovery) and the mirror being all loose and useless. Drove in actual city traffic, stop and go, as well as a brief 90km/h section on a curved highway.

Guy told me my next ride ought to be in better traffic. I told him I want it to be even worse, so I learn. Blogpost over.

On that note, all the instructors are asking me if I already bought a bike; I understand I could legally buy it, but how would I test-drive it? Is he assuming I'd buy without trying? Or that I could get away with a test drive on a car-only license? Has anyone here bought a baiku before their road exam?

Pic unrelated

it's actually quite shit off road if you'd look at reviews of it.

I bought my first bike new before exham, it arrived a week after I got license (around 45 days from order).

The "doohickey" is, in technical terms, the "Balancer-chain idler lever"

It keeps the balancer chain at the correct tension.

When/if it breaks ("When" is more appropriate) all that happens is the part falls into the oil sump

It's part of the transmission, not part of the engine.
It's not "Flying around in the engine"
It's in your oil sump.

That being said it's a well acknowledged faulty design and is frequently replaced.
I replaced the doohickey in my 2006 with 12k miles and it looked brand new, none of the parts were worn but the part is of obviously poor construction so I'm happy replacing it.

Quit talking about shit you barely understand.

>vfr
i really like the idea of the VFR, that you have a tourer which looks like supersport. although the 100HP might be a bit too much for my wallet at the moment, i'm already paying 150 euros a year for 48 hp

>TDM
unfortunately to me, the front of it looks like absolute ass, every other aspect of it i really like. No idea why they call it a dual purpose bike though

same problem as with the vfr. I also think that it might be a bit uncomfortable for long tours

nice bike

Are you intending on buying a new bike?

Today is a good day.

Is it?

>still no bike
>still poor
no. today is less shitty than other days because I made burgers, but it's nowhere close to a good day.

are you space dandy?

cheer up wranon

>inb4 I'm not wranon
at least that's one positive thing you can hold on to

>watched bakuon yesterday
>extra lewdness
>keep thinking about it
>cold front moved through
you're right user today is a good day

>at least that's one positive thing you can hold on to
well FUCK

Everything I can find about it says it is like a big dirt bike, and good for off road. Obviously it won't be like the smaller 300-500cc enduros but is still the best in its class.

I thought the last episode was all over the place. Previous ones were quite entertaining though. Obviously the bike washing scene was quite nice.

>nice bike
It really is. Was parked ostentatiously in a no-parking zone the day I signed up for bike classes, an omen if you will. It's my lock screen now, every time I think I can't survvie work, I look at it and think DO IT FOR HER
>Are you intending on buying a new bike?
I live in abject poverty, so used. Budget is 2k eurollarydoos, might borrow up to 1k more from friends and family if the need arises.

>still the best in its class
according to this thread it's also the only bike in this class

49° outside. Last week was so nice, why did we have to get cold again?

where does dbt look for used bikes?
I've been browsing craigslist in my area pretty hard, and cycletrader hasn't looked that impressive to me - are there other sites that are good for buying in the usa?
do dbters sell their bikes somewhere on this board?

>49°
>cold
are you retarded?

>49°
>cold
nigga how can you not melt?

mobile.de
autoscout24.de

mobile.de
autoscout24.de
quoka.de

You could think of it as the king of the 600-800cc dual sport class or as a class of its own.
I think BMW and SWM make something competitive with it.

Freedom units.

Where are you from, m8? Also what type/style of bike are you hoping to get?

Regarding buying and testing. I bought my bike only having had a five minute ride around a housing estate without a helmet on. Don't think I went above second gear but I got to test brakes, clutch etc. It probably depends on the owner if they'll let you test ride it properly. You don't have to tell them you don't have a license yet.

im in the united states

>using farteinheit

S C O U T

C

O

U

T

so?

>king of the 600-800cc dual sport class
Title is already taken.

SWM MENTIONED

E B I N
B
I
N

>czeched
Yeah it went through
>gotta go fast
>suzuki holy grail
>administrator support for club
>pedophiles and neked chiks
>onsa dangerously cheesy
>clean bikes

indian? are you trolling me?

>worse in every way than the 690
Yup you sure took the title shitlord

In order
>Slovakia (SEM soon, fellow stalker)
>something with fairings, ~500cc, beginner-friendly but highway-capable

I'm not worried about sellers, I'm worried about little green men

>He doesn't ride below 50

Man, I ride into work at 4am when it's around 30. Grow some balls.

you realize you're just basically asking /dbt/ what its favorite bike is, right? stop being retarded

I think you'll find it looks about 597871298732185 times better than the 690.