I've been looking for a 80s to mid 00s muscle car I'm stuck between a fox body and third gen camaro is there a car out...

I've been looking for a 80s to mid 00s muscle car I'm stuck between a fox body and third gen camaro is there a car out there I'm over looking? I really just want rwd/v8

WHY!?
Are people this fucking stupid?

>buying 80s to mid 00s American cars

LOL

Aesthetic

>muscle
>80s

lol no

oh god youre one of those cringelords

get it so you can suffer

G body Monte Carlo SS
Buick grand national
Pontiac trans am turbo coupe
Ford Thunderbird super coupe/ turbo
Lincoln mk7 lsc

>inb4 bmw "muscle cars" and SC400s

I'm not buying a fucking daily driver

I dont care

Monte carlo thank you I completely forgot about this car.

Both of those are good choices.
Thunderbird Turbo coupe is a turbo-4, still pretty cool though.

I drive this op, it's pretty looking and has a nice grumble now that I have a flowmaster in it and 2.5 inch pipe all the way through but probably the worst v8 ever made. I've topped out at 125mph on the freeway and it has like 175 horses on a 3500lb car.

Turbo and supercharged v6s are cool though

Those headlights are so dignified how long have you had it?

They're both good choices. Whichever one is right for you depends on what you want.
Do you value straight line speed over everything else?
Mustang
Do you care about whether the car can corner?
F-body

The F-body has always outhandled the Mustang, even back in the 60's.

I got it in February for 2500$, 84k original miles. Might sell it next month

Just get a V6 Accord

>Grand National
>V8

Not but I wish I could find deals like that here on the east coast. Goddamn.

>worst v8
305 then?

Camaro then. They're always in better condition in my area too

Yupper, may be selling soon to buy a 79 camaro with a cammed 350, edelbrock carb and headers and a corvette aluminum intake manifold

I have one of those, Z28 with a 388 stroker, have fun sliding everywhere, love fish tailing on morning dew on the highway.

This one's not a true z28 it started its life as a base camaro coupe with a 5.0 in it but the guy whosaid selling its swapped in all the z28 shit including bodywork and interior as well as engine and suspension parts. However by the vin it is was and will forever be a base camaro coupe

It doesn't appear to have the rear wheel trim in front of the back tires, you can see them in my picture. The one you're looking at seems to be in pretty good condition minus needing a coat or two of paint. I take it you live somewhere in the South/West? Have a picture of my 75', need to touch up the paint and probably should put a hood scope on it lol. Looking for a early 70's now to complete my tasting of all 2nd gens.

Your right I see that now, hadn't noticed that before. And yes I'm from southern California. Both these f-bodies havent left the state since they were produced which is a godsend.

Yeah, salt really destroys GM anything even more so for all metal bodies. I wouldn't really worry to much about missing trim on a non-original Z28. My 75' has been mostly garage keep all its life, the 79' has some nasty rust forming on the rear wheel wells.

How much is that guy asking for it? Does it have the original comfy as fuck leather interior? Love the leather in my 75', wish someone wouldn't have swapped the seats out of my 79', not to big of an issue though.

All new restored leather interior, door panels and headliner. He's asking 6 gs but it's flexible

80~85s has its share of muscle cars. The time where this starts dying out is when American manufactures started including CFI/TBI onto the cars.

People on this board will tell you to get a 60s deathtrap or a corolla. You shouldn't post these kinds of threads here.

Hmmm, I'd try to lowball him to 5k, after I did a run through of the car. All mine were test driven before purchase of course, not sure if he'll be that trustworthy, everyone in BFE is basically a big family.

>Tach clocked like you want to shift at 10k
A little optimistic I think

Be warned tht a stock camaro 305 is rated at less than 200 hp at the crank. Fox is more powerful and easier to mod. Mods are dirt cheap too.
But I'm biased bc I own a fox. If you want a camaro get a camaro.

I was gonna try for 4500 and then he'll counter offer and we'll go from there. It's all pending a very thorough test drive and inspection on Monday though. He's trying to sell it as an actual z28 though so I can use that as a weapon

Early 4th gen Firebird. It's cheap, pretty, and quick. Just be wary of cars that haven't had the Optispark redone

It'll blow at 6k lel, the tach tempts me though. If so I'll just throw one of my 454's in it.

>honda fags mad that you might get something with 4 times the HP
>top lelling today

This. Fox is stronger stock, Camaro has better suspension stock. Fox is easier to work on, 302 actually is good while 305 is worthless. Getting a strong engine and a manual transmission in a Camaro is much harder. The differences are small though and they're pretty much the only two cars with their particular qualities in the poorfag price range. Monte Carlo SS isn't even really close I encourage you to try one on a test drive then drive a 5.0 or a 350 before you decide an SS is "also an 80s muscle car" - even though its spacious interior and smooth ride are more like traditional muscle cars. Fox and f-bodies are like budget sports cars or even "hot hatches" before that was a thing.