Does Veeky Forums run in your family? Pic related, mine and my brother's car

Does Veeky Forums run in your family? Pic related, mine and my brother's car

I guess so. This is a pic of my dad's garage a while back. We both ride motorcycles.

In the sense that my Dad and I do maintenance on all the cars my family drives

It doesn't, sadly. At all. My sister doesn't really care about cars and my parents really don't give a shit as long as it get s them from A to B in a somewhat comfortable manner and has a ton of room to haul stuff.
At least my dad does his own maintenance, sorta.

My dad has driven high-end Audis for the past two decades and my uncle built his own EG Civic and regularly goes to the track. Other than that, not really. My brother drives an automatic 1 series BMW ffs.

I don't have a pic of my driveway right now.
My first car was a 1996 civic cx hatch, gave it to my mom when I bought my 1999 dx hatch, gave that one to my dad when I bought cx.
My brother is the odd one out with his nissan micra.

when I bought my current 93 cx hatch*

Yup. From right to left,

>cousin
>uncle
>aunt
>dad

Yeah. Both uncles are mechanics. One works for Subaru and the other does freelance work and is helping to open an Alfa Romeo dealer. He has an old Giulietta.

My mom's first car was a Triumph Spitfire and then an X1/9.
She even got a manual van (Mazda 5).

brother's left
mine right

My dad used to own a red 1988 fox Mustang GT. It was lightly modified and he would race other cars at stoplights. He eventually sold it when my younger brother was born for the grand price of $1000 in 1995. I remember riding in it. It was loud and it squeaked, but it was it was a nice car.

He bought a Honda Accord after that and has been driving one since. Went from a 5th gen to a 7th gen. He wants a BMW 4-series Gran Coupe now. I tried to convince him that German cars are pigfat and shit now, but he won't listen.

get him to drive the 2016 mustang gt, hopefully something will click and it'll remind him of his fox

Shit

My dad ubers on business trips all the time negating need for a car. My sister plans to lease a malibu. My brother is too young and only draws shitty anime characters. Im the only one that gives a shit about cars

Nope... dad has had quite a few cars and worked on them himself when he was younger, but has never really had an "interest"

The only other Veeky Forumsish person in my family/extended family would be my cousin, who is sadly a bit of a stancefag

Grandfather was a service advisor/manager at a small corner garage. Used to visit him on Saturdays as a kid and play in the shop.

My dad used to have old TransAms, Firebirds, etc. Had a couple of them. He likes anything with an engine (we have 4 skidoos, 2 ATVs, a boat..)

My mom got her license when she was 30 and got a sick teal Foxbody mustang. But it was just a vehicle to her. Has a shit Seabring now.

Only other person that likes cars is my cousin. He's a fan of trucks and American muscle cars. Works as a trucker now driving 18-wheelers.

>stancefag cousin
Jeeeeeesus christ

Yee but in opposite directions. E36 is my brothers and has a fully built metric mechanic crate in it since the stock one was a shit and threw a rod.

Why did you ruin that vehicle?

is your brother embarrassed to go cruising with you?

God damn, E36s look great in white.

no.

my brother drives a piece of shit renault with an apple sticker on the back

lots of american cars. my dad seems to have lost his passion, and all the older dudes have passed away. brother's are into cars but more in a sense of they want to buy something fancy and nice to look at. not really like me where I want something nice looking that I can take to the track/autox and have fun, and also like working on it

and then my everyone else in my family drives small-medium sized econoboxes

>tfw at family gathering they ask why I have to shift gears in a manual

Yes, father has gone through a slew of sports cars growing up including
>2 280z's
>69 nova SS
>some old merc that was sporty in the 80s
>3 90s 911s
And he's now on his 4th 911, an 05

My brother and I both drive 07 GTIs, his the DSG and mine a manual and we both appreciate cars as much as our dad

>pic related

Unfortunately my dad and I are pretty much the only car people in my immediate family, my mom and older brother are the types of people to buy new cars from a dealership, get fucked by the bank interest rates, and go to shops and pay insane amounts for even the smallest amount of work.

Yes.
My brother owns an 89' corolla, 03 stang gt, and an '87 supra turbo. I own a manual civic. Both the civic and corolla have a powered by SEB sticker lol. Only auto is the mustang. The corolla used to be lowered and the mustang and civic are still lowered.

1/2 my project truck

2/2 my father's money pit

>dad decides to give an advice
>>your 2000 Pajero is much safer than your 2009 Cadillac CTS4 - because it's a jeep

No, Veeky Forums doesn't run in my family. The most Veeky Forums person is my aunt, who has BMW 1 Series (diesel) BMW X5 (diesel) and a Sebring cabrio (that lovely lovely 2.7 V6 which isn't sludged at all)

>sweating.png

My dad took me to car shows, but wasn't really into the wrenching aspect. Only 1 of 3 of my brothers has that Veeky Forums drive, but can't really do anything since he has a son to take care of. Feels pretty bad when you're the only one in the family into wrenching.

>my projects

>tfw older brother died in the prime of his life because lmao drugs
>fixed trucks at UPS for a living
>pissed off our mom when he sold the civic he was gifted for a GTI
>lowered it, dropped in a turbo, hooked up a bass to the back
>tfw just a chillun and he sped 95mph while blasting young jeezy like a nignog
I couldn't understand why he loved automotive at the time, but now I understand. Wish we could ride or die together nowadays
RIP you lovable douchebag

No

My dad is a literal cuck and drives a Camry Hybrid

My mom is a coalburning whore who drives a Crosstour she can barely afford payments on.

My father can't tell red from yellow and thus never even tried to drive
My mother died
My stepmother had been in an accident and barely survived so she's been afraid of cars ever since
My grandparents are too old to drive, sold their cars long ago
My uncle, aunt and cousin are too poor to afford a car

>tfw the only one with a license in the whole extended family

>Brother has mentioned getting the entire shifter up his ass
>Dad had an AE86

Maybe?

>tfw no one in my family remotely interested in cars
>tfw no one in my family remotely interested in computers
D-damn

D-dagumi?

I know I would be

>trips as Bromaro
>his camaro has automotive tribal tattoos

At least you're self aware.

Dads a car nerd
Brother is one
I am one

944S2
TVR 2500 vixen
Tr4
Tr7 racecar
Cla 45 AMG
Golf VII R
Plymouth Duster
Defender 110
VW T5

That's our carpool

We also had a TVR 350C
And Evo VII VIII and IX
And some other stuff

Pic is my Duster and the Golf R

Forgot the 3 FTOs in the background

more of the 2 front ones from the left? looks very sick

Yes
My grandad was a mechanic for the Aston Martin Le Mans team and the Honda F1 team. There may have been some other teams, but I know those for definite.
My dad built a kit car with my grandad when he was my age and we still have it. He's also had like 6 or 7 old beetles since being able to drive. At the moment he drives a Peugeot 107. He bought it because my 17th birthday was about a year away and wanted something cheap for me to learn in. He still has it because my sister is 17 in about 6 months. Once my sister passed her test, he says he's going to get an old E-Class estate because that's what his dad had

>3 FTO's

Very Nice.

>tfw the only one with a license in the whole extended family
I get you
I don't drink and my family are heavy drinkers, so I'm more often than not the only sober person with a licence after 5PM on weekdays, and 12PM on weekends and holidays

My brother doesn't spend time on the computer too much and doesn't really know about forums, he goes to meets a lot with me and learns a lot that way. He's got a much better car though. He drives a 2003 350z and I have an 05 tibby, but to a degree I say cars are popular in my family.

My brother is a truckfag
My Dad used to be a drag racer and even won himself a wally
My dad also owns 2 corvettes and a 600whp supercharged trailblazer ss winter beater lool

Both my parents have had Z cars in the past, Dad has a weekend Z currently.

I'm partial to Ford but his Z sure is fun to get on a bendy road.

I imagine you just start boiling with hate as soon as your phone rings

Not really.

Dad: 2014 GMC Acadia Denali
Sister: 2006 Hummer H3
Younger brother: 2013 Nissan Maxima
Older brother: 2014 Audi A6
Me: can't afford a car

My dad used to have a W124 when I was a kid, probably the best car he had

Growing up, father-son bonding time was going to car dealers and beating the shit out of anything they had that was fast. We were both into cars as soon as we knew what cars were.

boy those are some fuck ugly cars

My dad was sort of Veeky Forums, he didn't really wrench on his vehicles but they were always manual and he owned some Camaro Z28s & Mustang GTs over the years. Also owned several pick-up trucks (compact and full-size), and even a large dump truck for his roofing business, and they were all manual. Haven't had a conversation with the guy in like 10 years, no idea what he drives nowadays. I seem to have inherited his love for driving manual gearboxes and his good sense of direction, which is okay with me.

My mom's sister isn't really Veeky Forums but she likes Camaros. She married a guy with a beautifully restored 1969 Camaro, and now has a 5th gen SS of her own.

Everyone else in my family just sees cars as an appliance like typical normies, feels bad.

I've got a rollercoaster of a story for you lads, I'll try to keep it brief.

>Parents finances are strained because of 2008 recession, dad lost his job
>mom sells off 05 Suburban to help w/ bills
>we get through it, dad gets another job, still hella in debt but working our way out of it
>in 2012 I get my license and my first car, used Pajero sport for $5k, mom simultaneously buys a 2012 model Suburban for $40k at same place
>life is fine
>6 months later, my mom stops working entirely
>finances tank again. this is about summer of 2013.
>go off to college with 1/3 scholarship, 1/3 my loan, 1/3 parent loan
>she picks up a bunch of exotic hobbies. drops $1500 on a bike she uses all of 6 times.
>spring 2014. I'd failed calc and ended semester with a 2.965 gpa, so I didn't keep my scholarship with the 3.0 cutoff.
>no problem, I can max out my loan and still stay in college.
>fall 2014. find out about 3 weeks into school that my parents' credit is so bad their loan was declined.
>have to urgently borrow $3k from sister to stay in.
>drop to part time, less credit hours less costs.
>end up dropping completely after that semester
>dropped out of college with a 2.8 gpa
1/2?

thank you user's dad for having a pretty looker

2/2?
>after dropping out, come back into town. Pajero sport has a cracked gasket, literally the only maintenance the previous owner had done was a timing belt at 87k miles, and brake pads.
>I discover this after having a total of 130k miles on the truck.
>truck is on its last legs
>still owe $3k to old college before they'll release my transcript and I can go to CC
>work minwage for literally an entire year. Pay off 2k/3k of college loan off, while paying fed loan off as well.
>Jan 2016
>parents are fighting again
>mom has picked up birdwatching, or more likely, an excuse to go to Costa Rica with one of her surgeon coworkers, who is wealthier, older, and wealthier than my dad.
>takes up "housesitting" for them
>she's home maybe 2 nights a week.
>dad is working 60 hours a week, comes home a husk, just to be yelled at.
>one of these days he's going to snap
>aunt and uncle several states away have offered me to stay with them
>waiting on tax return to pay off the last of this college loan
>once tax return is paid off I have no ties to this state
>with the loan settled I turned to my next problem, a car
>find a 95 geo metro
>rusty exterior, engine and trans are still good, new clutch
>finally haggled it down to $1600 today
>I drive it home this coming Thursday
>its a shitbox but it's mine
>car is settled
>loan is stable
>get to run away from this arguing in 2 months

Life's breddy gud right now Veeky Forumsrphans.

My dad's automotive knowledge stopped in the mid 80s when he started med school

>MAF on my car was acting up, couldn't hold an idle
>Check the carburetor, son

hey dude. keep your head up. my aunt just warned me that my parents are getting divorced soon too. grind, the debts will disappear over time as long as you keep the head down and work, and you seem bright so you will get through CC and transfer no problem, get a useful degree and take ALL civil service exams that some up near you.

-a 19 year old from the bronx

>Drive a NC mx-5
>Brother drives a Jeep Patriot with a CVT
I don't think so

Why don't you call your mom out on this shit?

I'm a bit autistic and can't stand this blatant bullshitting, so I would be in her face about it and getting her to either move out or stop being a bitch. This type of bullshitting is what really gets me going. I'm writhing in my chair from reading this.
I'm not saying you should go off on her, but she sounds like a shit person desu. She is using you guys and you are enabling it by not saying no.

If I was you I would go off on her then probably never talk to her again.
Of course, you are not me.

This.

Not really, he didn't have the means.

But He only had Fords, he did have a Thunderbird with a Windsor,

I still remember when we where stuck in the 880 it was so hot that day, cars passing us by, dad had a sad look in his face. Eventually the tow truck found us, after that day I never saw the car, I missed the southing growl of that V8.

Now he rides around in his Lifted Ranger.

But he is Top Jelly of my car.

My dad has a big ass car collection, My mums got some cool cars and I have 3 cars cousin has 2 as well.

Aut/o/motive passion seems to have skipped my sister though.

No, Veeky Forums runs in the nineties.

i've done it before several times. devolves into a bunch of name calling "youre just a college dropout what do you know" and a bunch of other fun things. it's better to just get away.

saddest part is my dad still cares for her.

Call her out for being a gold digger that can't do anything on her own

Ouch.
I really don't know what to say.

No, he has already done this. His dad is not on the same page as he is, and is allowing her to keep digging.

Thankfully I got a full ride to college.

Shit user, that's some amazing shit