>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

southjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/5542146725.html
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14870697/#14872036
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14465368/#14467276
youtube.com/watch?v=5oZapEvK0xE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for cafe a best

This is a good looking bike and if you disagree then you're basically kk.

Dude, I have the cash, may as well, thank you!

Haven't you got some non-mainstream dicks to suck?

Scrambler>Thruxton

>implying that isn't the kind of bike kkk dick rides in the first place
>implying you aren't yourself basically kkk

This guy is pushing 80 and he thinks that bike is shit.

Fuck I want an R1M

Is there anything wrong with getting a Goldwing as your first bike?

I just want to be comfy and enjoy the scenery. This bike looks pretty awesome and it's local to me.

southjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/5542146725.html

No

I offered a guy 2200 for a ratted-out 2001 KLR650, with a milk carton bolted to the rear. It's covered in that thick military-style plastic faring. It's mechanically good.

Should I take it or 'm I ripping myself off?

it's really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really fucking heavy, which you won't be used to as a new rider.

Cruisers a shit.

900lb cruisers a big shit.

What the fuck.. honestly what the motherfucking shit is this? A caferacer bicycle, when you just have to let everyone know you're insufferable.

Won a gold-wing in a raffle once. rode it around the parking lot, sold it the same day.

>it's almost like the cafe style has origins in racing, just like a race bicycle has that same shape

Learn to brake, I can see you locking up the fucking rear ffs.

Bloody MT riders I swear.

fug bros how do i pass the motorcycle test
pic related

That's a car m8

Learn to use your rear brake

it's an electric bike, you ding-dong

> seemingly clean 06 zz-r250
> $1000
> been listed for 3 weeks
> still available
Runs alright but cant test ride because no rego only tested the gear operation with the wheel off the ground. Oil level spot on, they have pretty legit receipts for servicing. 2 new tyres. Never been written off. No obvious neglect. They just said it needs a chain. Im suspicious though what am i missing?

What you posted looks like a racing bike, what posted looks like some faggot tried to make a mountain bike look like a cafe racer.

how will that help me do a 90 degree low speed turn and then weave through cones
like wtf i have no turning radius

>nearly rear ends car because distracted making youtube videos
>locks up rear
>blames car driver
Seems like a typical entry level bike riding Vlogger
>using your rear brake on a sportbike
wat? that shit is useless unless cornering

They want to get it the fuck off their property because their cats won`t stop pissing on it?

Nothing wrong with
You're just going to get harassed by anti-cruisers, people who only like sport bikes, or dual sport riders.

Its an old ass carburated fag bike. How much do you think it should be selling for?

If you can't do a 90 degree turn on a sportbike you don't belong on a sportbike.

>rear brake only hard
>lean in
>hit full lock
>let the bike rotate
>Ease off rear brake and ease out clutch
>throttle out
I literally do this twice whenever I leave my driveway. It's just basic motogymkhana.

>wat? that shit is useless unless cornering
No shit? You're stupid if you stop with your rear brake only and never use the fronts.

Easier to control a rear tire skid on those things than it is to bring the back wheel up. Break too hard on the front end and you'll wind up on the ground a lot faster due to weight distribution.

#
More importantly where is the Daytona 800 and 1050?

There are older ones going for more. Also
>carburetors
>bad
Gitgud

I'm so bored of writing how to into low speed over and over so I'm gonna go through the archives and find the 3 part post I made for across user.

I've done this u-turn on a cbr1000rr so rest assured you can do it on a gsx-r600

damn where do you find an empty testing lot like that

carbs suck fucking cock. they run like shit, they can't start for shit, they fuck you with a simple elevation change, they produce less power and use more fuel. efi is a god send. enjoy rebuilding your carbs gramps.

I agree though, yet it isn't nearly as good looking as the ducati sport classic

You'll loop over the front before you break the front loose with brakes on those bikes.

you don't need to use your rear brake just fucking lean.
time for you to learn how to stoppie and into brake control

>out riding with friends
>3 of 4 have senas
>car starts merging into me
>accelerate out
>friend gets pissed and wants to go yell at them
>I say to leave it

He's a hothead and the other guy carries spark plugs and bolts to throw at cars. Who the fuck am I riding with? I thought Skittles would be good cause they won't damage cars, are loud as fuck when they hit, and I can eat then when I'm not throwing them. But who am I kidding, I'm too much of a chicken shit to do that

>i don't knoe how to maintain a machine so it operates properly
>that means it's shit
>wahhhh

Either way, grabbing a handful of the front break and not the rear in a panic is a bit more dangerous than getting a little too much rear.

I like the updates. The green/yellow theme also looks nice.

I'm actually really surprised with all the uses of the 1050 that it hasn't gone in the Daytona

Sprint 1050 tho

They're incredibly reliable and insanely easy to work on. Also a lot cheaper. I love the fact that my bike is carburated, it's mechanical and bulletproof.

Is the FZ-07/grom the new meme bikes of /dbt/?

I`ve given three people the finger and have quickly ridden away in case they want to play bumper tag with my bike.
I`d think I`d probably just fuck up juggling crap to smash some old ladies`s window out because she almost merged into me.

>American motifs all over the bike
>Japanese bike

I was a motorcycle owner for 30 minutes and it felt amazing. I purchased a 2000 Honda CBR600 for $1800 and it ran great but once it hit 70mph it started decelerating until it stopped. I almost got my friend killed (he went with me to pick it up and drive it since I don't know how to drive one). Got my cash back though. The owner seemed genuine and really didn't know the motorcycle had problems.
Looking forward to actually buying a motorcycle that works one of these days ;-;

>touring barge

>i want to go slower, use more fuel, and deal with a choke and having to adjust the fuel every time elevation changes
okay gramps.

Just noticed that the car in front of the white one doesn't appear to have working break lights..

Ahh florida...

whatever you say homeslice, just do me a favour and go practice your braking so you live to post more inane rubbish like this in the future.

around

here, I found two different sets of posts from me on the archive describing how to get comfortable with turning a bike on lock and using the power to control your lean angle.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14870697/#14872036

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14465368/#14467276

you technically don't but I don't see a reason not to considering the rearbrake is one of the nicest features you have to attenuate and control torque to the rear wheel.

that's why you don't "grab" brakes you setup and squeeze.

Practice, go and practice, stop posting, go practice, log off now.

carbs aren't cheaper than EFI in this day and age. they also are objectively worse in every imaginable aspect. you know whats easy to work on? efi since it doesn't need to be fiddled with ever.

fitted motorcycle crates.

the sides are shaped to the shape of the bike and have a aluminum tube frame to firmly hold the bike. Drive on and drive off with no ratchet straps. water tight and locks up. retractable caster wheels to push it around. would serve as both shipping container and secure outside storage.

would you buy one?

K

>loving a KLR
pigfat shit

I rode my bro's first bike back from the next city over and had the front sprocket fall off on me while doing 80 on the interstate. That could have been bad.

You should have just fixed it.

I agree with that
But I hate carbs too. They're just miserable to deal with when they go wrong. I'd rather have an efi system any day.
Anything is reliable as long as it's taken care of properly

the gromby will always be a meme bike...

haven't heard about the mt07 meme yet.

lol skittles sounds like a good idea. But how do people carry stuff? In their pockets? It is hard to get into my jacket's pockets with gloves on.

Usually honking and flipping off the offenders is good enough then leave. Staying around longer than that is asking for trouble. Just research all these road rage videos, some idiot did not take the higher ground and escalated the situation. Let the guy know how you feel and bounce.

If he follows you, that is a different story. Ride straight to the police station.

>said the drz owner

if you tour to remoate areas, a carb is your friend, shotty gas adn debris are a lot easier to get out of a carb than injector nozzles

If I rode an H2R

>Rides a DRZ
>Claiming pigfat
Pot, kettle, etc

>Anything is reliable as long as it's taken care of properly
That is not even remotely true

anyone see this shit? gave me a good laugh at about 1:00, and then at at around 8:25 he starts making excuses. good stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=5oZapEvK0xE

>shotty gas adn debris
what third world shithole do you live in where your gas is crap and your bike doesn't even have a fuel filter?
EFI is beyond more reliable than a carb ever dreamed of being. Even you have to admit that

okay grandpa
unless you're putting dual four-barrels on a drag strip muscle car, they are worthless as fuck

>That is not even remotely true
Youre right. Bmw will break down multiple times even before it's first service

>point your chin in your direction of travel

Honestly, this is the single biggest piece of advice I can give to a learner on a Ninja 250/300 or similar.

Just remembering that has saved my life on the highway more than once when I was learning how to ride.

As someone who goes on super long rides and has witnessed fuel pump failures and all manner of fuel system issues with bikes, I love being able to take my entire fuel system apart in minutes.

Objectively, yes they may be worse in terms of numbers. but from a roadside mechanic's standpoint absolutely not.

Is that the one where the dude almost goes headfirst into the truck?

EFI is fantastic, its fucking amazing. Its merits aside, you can't make the generalization that due diligence leads to mechanical reliability. Plenty of well cared for things still break due to poor design and QC.

>if you tour to remote areas
do you not comprehend english? im drunk and i got that much
a filter isnt much help on injected bikes either since theyre usually proprietary and in the pump assembly

basically

>KLR
>42.1 HP
>432 lbs wet

>DRZ
>39.7 HP
>321 lbs wet

KLR is a new definition of pigfat. My roommates KLR was harder to wheelie than my Ninja 250.

Listen to that screaming.

why do you think a carb makes your fuel pump easier to get to? fuel system failures on efi vehicles is exceedingly rare.
>you can't make the generalization that due diligence leads to mechanical reliability.
That wasn't me but efi does take far less maintenance than carbs
No seriously, what third world shithole has dirty fuel in "remote" areas. nowhere in america thats for sure.

>sold my Ninja 300 after 6,500 miles
>waiting on a Street Triple at the dealership
>visit /dbt/ because it`s been awhile
>see all the people fucking up their 600`s
>get really nervous again about all the extra power
probably going to get frame sliders just in case.

I will say the same thing I said last time, all the information out there to learn how to ride "well" or "proficiently" is out there for free.

It is up to you as a rider to seize the opportunity and practice and learn all you can, the fact that people don't and just go along happy go lucky fine with how they ride like homie here (who then pats himself on the back for "breaking in time" which would just make it even harder to push that bar a few mm further down and just complete the corner) bothers me.

I mean so not only has this dude crashed due to sheer incompetence and lack of knowledge on how to ride, he then makes excuses for it later.

I've never seen somebody so dedicated to NOT learn from your mistakes, most people who crash think about what they did wrong, this guy doesn't even think he did anything wrong.

>321lbs
>shit gearbox
>doesnt make close to 39hp
>shit trail handling
still pigfat m8

EFI is better for cold starting and making max power at altitude. Other than that it's pretty much personal preference. If regularly used carbs are not unreliable. EFI is still prone to gumming up injectors if left to sit with ethanol fuel in them.

youve never been more than 30 miles from a major city have you?
plenty of places in the US have shit gas, and touring means the (radical) idea of possibly leaving ones own country.

He went on damage control a couple days back, deleted tons and tons of comments telling him to quit making excuses. There were some really good ones.

>EFI is still prone to gumming up injectors if left to sit with ethanol fuel in them.
This just doesn't happen in reality. Store a carbed bike long term without running the fuel lines dry and you will 100% be in for a bad time. I've had cars sit for years without so much as an injector issue. And with EFI altitude changes are a non-issue and you will make more power/efficiency regardless of elevation.
bad gas is a meme dude. i've filled up in all sorts of rural hell holes, the same trucks that bring gas to the station in the city deliver it out there.

What bothers me the most about the vids in you can see all the dude has to do is lean the fuck over the smallest amount and he`ll be fine.

You see it happening and I practically feel my body pulling further over to the right on it`s own when he starts veering left.

Not that I even care about wheelies but my KLR is not difficult to wheelie at all.

I never bought a KLR for HP numbers or super light weight. I bought it because I live in a barracks and don't have access to a garage. I needed a bike that I would almost never have to work on aside from normal maintenance, and that's exactly what I got.

I can crunch miles comfortably to get to offroad trails, keep up just fine when I get there, and carry all the shit I could ever want to camp out for days.

If I want to go fast I'll ride a sport bike, or a dirt bike in the dirt, but that's not what I want. I want a machine that will take me anywhere I want comfortably and cheaply.

You do you boo boo I just wanna listen to CCR, mosey around on dirt trails, and sleep under the stars.

>over 100 lbs less than KLR
>5 speed is kinda lame yeah
>makes the KLR's HP with a pipe and rejet
>shit trail handling is miles above the KLR's no trail handling

I know the DRZ is pigfat compared to real dirt bikes, but if you're looking for a dual sport the DRZ is the least pigfat of them all.

There was one I saw that looked like it was in Cali somewhere where a guy nearly gets killed by a fire rescue vehicle in almost the same manner.

Should have got a DR650.

lol I swear I said the exact same thing about ego on /dbt/ too, you can't ride with an ego because egos can be bruised and logic will be thrown out of the window to protect your stupid feelings.

Ego is also how people end out raging at car drivers and fuck themselves up, it's like the worst thing you could possibly have while riding on the road.

>This just doesn't happen in reality
Sure thing bub

KLR is definitely more pigfat. Doesn't make the DRZ any less pigfat

i guess the entire line of ktm, husqvarna or husaberg bikes are just a nonissue there then? shit even the dr350 with a little work was more fun in the trails than a drz.

k gramps. watch out for that bad gas it'll get ya

Is there any disadvantage to a bike being a Streetfighter?

Do fairings offer any real benefit, or just cosmetic and limited protection in collisions and weathers?

what kind of douche bag gets an r6, talks to himself constantly when riding, makes motorcycle sounds with his mouth when he fails to corner and crashes into a truck and then cries like a fucking baby. Holy shit. i Hope this guy doesn't ride anymore. ...pathetic

motorcycle efi =/= automotive efi
cars have pressurized rails that stay that way and a sealed tank, bikes dont. thats a massive difference in how the gas will keep.