I found out a car was in an accident, but it's not on the carfax

I found out a car was in an accident, but it's not on the carfax

in fact, the car fax specifically says no accidents.

What information do they pull from?

it means the Veeky Forumstist who crashed it never reported it and had it fixed under the radar or did it himself, carfax isnt an all knowing demonic entity that knows every single detail about every single car in north america.

What if it's fixed at the very dealer that is selling it?

if there is no insurance claim then it most likely will not be reported.

as in a dealership repaired it themselves (minor accident), and the same dealership is selling it as accident free

bump

I believe Carfax has some policy where they'll pay you back what you paid for the car if it had history like that and it wasn't on their report. Only if you paid for the report ourtright though.

THE ACCIDENT WAS NOT REPORTED
THAT MEANS IT HAS BEEN IN NO ACCIDENTS
THAT MEANS ITS ACCIDENT FREE

THE ACCIDENT WASN'T REPORTED OR THE CAR WAS IN AN ACCIDENT IF AND ONLY IF THAT THE CAR IS ACCIDENT FREE

jeeze I know you are all dropout wrench monkies but try to be less stupid

this. nobody would willingly shit on their car title. the only reason they would allow their car to labelled a salvage title is it is literally written off. all a car fax will tell you is if the car has been bought from a scrap yard and is now being resold as a brand new car.

The report only goes off accident reports and insurance claims. Couple whiskey dents will pass through, its mainly for high dollar major repairs made to vehicle like frame damage

>accident but not reported
WELP YOU HEARD EM BOY'S, CLEARLY DIDN'T COUNT AS AN ACCIDENT!

Ya fucking idiot

Why are you even considering the car if this shit is the case? Especially when you consider that a dealer is selling it.

Find another you dumb fuck.

because it's totally common..?

"accident free"
you fucking moron. Just because the car is labeled as "accident free" doesn't mean it hasn't been in an accident. You are so fucking dumb I am pretty sure my IQ dropped a couple points just for replying to you dude. I bet you buy "100% all natural" orange juice at the grocery store as well, moron.

should be advertised as carfax clear not accident free

see
>nobody would willingly shit on their car title

Check AutoCheck as well, they use a different source.

I know on CarFax my truck didn't have any accidents reported, but on AutoCheck it did.

sure, advertise it as a clean title.
not accident free.

If you were a potential buyer, which would you want. A car that has had no accident, or a car that had a minor accident?

Its business, they are trying to make an undersierable car wanted again to make some money. Is it right? No. But its business, welcome to life. It happens, people allow it to happen to themselves. Move on to another car if you are so worried.

clever marketing is one thing but actually lying to sell a product is illegal

So?

Its because carfax is crop of shit most of the time. The whole business model is set up to prey on common people's ignorance when buying a car. It forces people to buy the damn reports when you're selling a car because carfax's marketing campaign convinces buyers you're trying to hide something if you don't have one available for them to look at. Ever notice how cars not listed for sale on carfax's proprietary website (expensive to post) are magically 'worth less' than the a comparable car that is listed on there site? Carfax reports are smoke in mirrors a majority of the time. If you want to know the true condition of car just go drive the thing, look it over closely, have it inspected by a reputable mechanic, and pay attention to the seller's character to judge if they took care of the car or not.

Full disclosure: I've ran about 15 of the reports and there only useful about 1/3 of the time.
>ran one on work truck for shits and gigs
>2001 F150, 233,000 miles beat to shit, 12 years of plowing, multiple accidents, on fire multiple times, fell in a creek once, bed fell out due to rust, ready to be sent to car valhalla
>Carfax: Excellent condition, 12 actual last reported miles, worth more than average, one owner!

carfax doesn't tell all. no matter what it says, it's still a crap shoot. because even at its best condition, something mechanical and electrical will fail over time. sure you can find obvious things, but you just can't find everything. good luck

My car was almost totaled minus like 500 dollars. It was my grandpas and he had it fixed because he liked it and it had a custom grilled and bumper and shit he got from the dealership - Shit doesn't matter, he went to a pretty good body shop and you would never know.
>forget about it OP, as long as the frame isn't bent it doesn't matter.