One guy is an honest Christian his whole life, kind, moral and virtuous to the fullest...

One guy is an honest Christian his whole life, kind, moral and virtuous to the fullest. He dies living a perfect Christian life.

Another guy is literally spawn of Satan, murderer, rapist and drug user BUT he repents his sins on the deathbed in fear of hell.

They both deserve heaven. Yes or No?

No, because the evil guy has self interest and fear as a reason for repenting. Not for the pure love of God

Neither deserves heaven. Salvation is the free gift of God based on the righteousness of Christ.

You think God can be fooled by false repentance?

The other guy still gets Heaven but is placed in 1,000,000 years behavior counseling.

Does God have the right to deny forgiveness then?
Purgatory is a meme

Neither deserve heaven coz it dosent existed lmao

God will judge all

And God measures out to everyone what they have measured out for others

And in the case of a wicked person causing a righteous person distress, the wicked person will be payed back twice the trouble caused

Read your bible

Stop thinking heaven and hell are literal, physical places. They are simply states of your mind/soul. Heaven is the embrace of God's love and the following of Jesus' ways, while hell is the rejection thereof.

>it's just a metaphor, bro :^)

If the guy is serious about repentence then yes, his sins are transferred to Christ and Christ's righteousness imputed to him. However, we are rewarded in Heaven based on our works. First guy gets to judge angels while second guy has to shovel the white horse's shit

But he's right faggot. Jesus never says they're things that happen after you die.

JW pls go

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Luke 23:43

JW's believe heaven is a literal place though

Well he has to be serious, i mean people are usually serious when faced with mortal danger.

Don't forget that fear is a very powerful factor and can have a big impact on one's entire perception of life and personality.

That's not what JWs believe.

>They both deserve heaven.

Neither of them "deserve" heaven.

And where does this say anything about that?

one guy rapes one kid then kills him then fucks the corpse
another does this fifty times

both repent. who deserves heaven?

whatever you imagine your "perfect christian" to mean you probably don't mean "actually blameless". then it's just a question of perspective. you're thinking of earthly morals which is just BS made up by us mortals to control eachother and amounts to reveling in comparatively lesser sins so that you don't start up some shit that would bother whoever is passing judgement.

user, that is what many Orthodox theologians taught.

>By [repentance], a sinner, out of the sight and sense not only of the danger, but also of the filthiness and odiousness of his sins, as contrary to the holy nature, and righteous law of God; and upon the apprehension of His mercy in Christ to such as are penitent, so grieves for, and hates his sins, as to turn from them all unto God, purposing and endeavouring to walk with Him in all the ways of His commandments.

In other words, repentance does not consist in mere fear of hell or of regret. It requires an honest apprehension of the filthiness of sin, of the righteousness of God, an honest assessment of what you deserve, and honest grief and turning away from sin and toward a life of righteousness. That you have not yet achieved such righteousness is not what counts, but repentance must be honest. There are no words you can say to "get away" with a life of sin. It has to be a genuine repentance.

Yes, because you can't "deserve heaven".
Sins do not count in the end, you go to heaven ONLY if you are washed in Christ's Blood and nothing else matters. (Acts 4:12) This is extremely basic, why are people even asking this kind of questions?

>They both deserve heaven
It doesn't matter

What really matters is for organisation to widen it's ranks and audience

If it goes too strict with rules, there are no more eligible people and organisation dies out

Guilt is the first step to repentance. If you do not feel guilt for the sins you have done, God will not forgive you.

My grandfather has been a minister for 50+ years and has a doctorate in theology from an ivy league school. He also doesn't believe in a heaven. It's not a terribly uncommon thing.

Yes because God made both, he made one broken the other not so broken.

What do you think the prodigal son is about?

permaban religion thread makers

I'd rather have Veeky Forums removed altogether. /int/ turned into complete garbage since Veeky Forums split off.

Why do atheists have such a hard time understanding true repentance? Says a lot about the atheist mindset.

who am i to judge?

Side question here, what about a guy who lives his whole life peacefully, follows the laws and is generally good, but never really cared about god or religion?

t. Vatican II

>You think God can be fooled by false repentance?

Made in his image, so yeah, he can be fooled.

Neither because both pray to a false god

That depends whether the wicked guy REALLY repents, a changed heart.

If he is only scared of hell, everyone is.
That doesn't save you.

Accepting Jesus Christ into your life gets you saved.

You're a fallen sinner so you are hell-bound.

You can't go to heaven by works.
>Look what I DID God!
This self-righteous attitude is exactly what the Pharisees had.

You get saved by Christ's blood, He sacrificed Himself for our sins.

Not anything you do.

The criminal is nude in heaven, the other isnt

Ok, I understand the "Jesus is the gateway to heaven" thing now, thanks, I just have a few things to say/ask
>Look what I DID god
How about looking at it from this point of view, do I deserve hell?
I don't think every fallen sinner is necessarily"self righteous" and what about the people who are raised in an environment where they can never even hear or read about god, Jesus or religion, do they deserve to be hell-bound too?
I'm not sure, reading your message has given me a pretty negative/extreme view on regards of the fate of those who are in between the atheist/heathens and believers, but I'm anticipating your response anyway.

What is supposed to happen after you die then?

No.
People deserve free will. The spawn of satan man was ignorant of the nature of heaven and hell and his satanic lineage. His spirit will enter the realm it is attracted to (hell).

this shit is dumb
why the hell does this retarded nonsense have to be tacked on to the history board. Don't you people have anything better to do than argue about nonsense?

Read the parable of the workers in the vineyard.

Yeah because believing in a literal heaven is as stupid as believing greek gods actually lived on mt olympus in a great temple. You dont need an ivy degree to figure that out lmao

Proof they are orthodox only in name

did the criminal on the cross deserve heaven?