How do I make my 07 sonata v6 handle less like a boat...

How do I make my 07 sonata v6 handle less like a boat? This car really has handling characteristics of cars from the 80s...

>launch and front end of the car lifts up/back end sags
>go around a corner and car sits hard on outside wheels while practically lifting off the ground on the inside wheels

I'm sure a shocks + springs kit is needed but just looking for recommendations. Don't really want to lower it and practically every kit seems to come with a 1" drop...

Other urls found in this thread:

suspensionconnection.com/4240-140-sonata-eibach-springs.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looking at these so far btw..

suspensionconnection.com/4240-140-sonata-eibach-springs.html

1" doesnt seem like too much of a drop im just concerned with the ride becoming ultra bumpy

answer me you fags. about to go get some michelin pilot sport a/s 3s put on

Why not get rid of the Korean time bomb and start with a better platform, instead of taking what little resale value's left of that thing before you figure out the hard way that it's shit?

Alternatively, new tires first. After that, look into harder composite bushings. This will sacrifice your shit box's "ride quality", though.

Just lower it an inch, that'll be like a 1-2 finger difference. Won't even drop it if the bump stops aren't cut. Put a thicker rear sway bar on too if you want to get rid of body roll. Depending on what kind of struts you have, a front strut bad could tighten up the suspension too. New bushings all around if it's really that bad.

Not that you should on such a weak platform but poly bushings. Anti lift kit. Thicker sway bars. Strut tower braces. Stiffer suspension. Better tires.

get a car that isn't from korea

check your engine mounts and suspension bushings.

your sway bars arnt working properly. anti roll bars are meant to pull down the wheel on the inside.

people seem to put the sway bar from the previous years SE model onto the limited...I guess they cheaped out and it made a difference

This car was so well reviewed, i thought i was getting the best thing for the money. blargh. should have test drove harder. now i'm to the point of needing to put $1000 in just to have normal ride quality

Why are you putting mods on a fucking sonata

its not "mods" its an attempt to make the car handle properly. it is a liability the way it rolls sideways while cornering under normal conditions

>07 sonata v6
>3,458 lbs

Its a dam boat with the girth similar to a crown vic

That's how long travel comfy suspension behaves.

yeah but its also a 2007 car and engineering has come a long fucking way. i think theres something wrong with it, the bushings have to be totally gone or something

i think im gonna start out with the smaller stuff like tires, strut tower bar, seems smarter to go that way...

>tires and strut brace affect body roll

>strut tower bar not affecting body roll
?
>tires not affecting general handling characteristics
?

is this Veeky Forums or /v/ just being honest...you guys seem like youre mostly just retard holdovers from /v/

Better tires will go a long way. Any more suspension upgrades will be very expensive and NOT worth it. Its an 07 sonata......... If you want better handling, trade that car in for a used reliable performance car. Since you drive a sonata, I would think an older model civic SI will work for you.

Honestly not worth fucking with it. Just use it as the boring transportation that it is while you save for something better.

i think thats what im gonna do. i'll put on some limited parts like the strut tower bar and maybe the poly bushings (good opinions of those on sonata forums)

fuck, why did i buy an 07 sonata. I just bought this shit too

fuck!! I mostly bought it because it's supposed to be super safe and reliable in its bracket..shoudla just got a camry desu senpai

How much was the Sonata?

you're all gonna laugh at me

i dont think it was a good deal, it needs a brake job, they severely overvalued my trade in (by like $500) to trap me into wanting to buy the sonata

fool me twice, won't be fooled again

Paid cash, or financing?

Dont know why are you hating it so much, drove one as rental and I liked it, it's very fast compared to shitty diesels I'm used to driving and has comfy suspension, light steering, good seats.

cash $5700 112k miles got $1800 trade on an accord that was worth no more than $12-1300 in my estimation. the accord had also just started having new problems with the engine, so it may be that they gave me like a $1800 trade in effectively.

I previously drove an accord with over 200k miles on the oe suspension

it handled better than a 12 year newer sonata with 90k less miles. ????

the car just dives and squats HARD, maybe the person before me just DEMOLISHED the suspension somehow and im not realizing it? maybe its old for 112k miles

Those things have the worst fucking clutch of all time. Also, C-tapes, really nigga? It's fucking over with C tapes since forever

Yeah I probably would've just opted to fix up the Accord. At least you're not stuck financing that shit. Start saving!

what is a c tape

Shit, the old styled cassette, ya dig? They call them C tapes over here.