If europoe has pic related, then what does America have? What is the perfect American shitbox?

If europoe has pic related, then what does America have? What is the perfect American shitbox?

Geo metro

We don't have one because modern American cars are shit and asre built with random fasteners
>go to wrench on my BMW
only have to open metric drawers in toolbox
>go to wrench on my z71
who the fuck knows what I need

/thread

Veeky Forums discussed this at length well over a year ago. The American Twingo is the Dodge Neon.

Or a Neon.

Confirmed not wrenching, my metric shit works fine on my American trucks, only thing is the stupid torq bolts

>The American Twingo is the Dodge Neon.
but that fuel economy tho

I got 40 mpg regularly with the coupe stick shift.

Pretty impressive for 150 hp in 1999 if you as me.

>but the country of manufacture tho

It is all relative.

It's fuel efficient, reliable, fast, handles great, and it's fucking adorable. Just avoid automatic cars or buy an auto car and swap it.

Hell, they dominated SCCA Showroom Stock Racing. Honda, Nissan, and Toyota tried to get it banned from competition it was so dominant.

wat?

no

dude i had a neon and it was the biggest piece of shit ever fucking made

confetti interior was comfy though

You had an automatic. Your opinion holds no value here.

now, I'm interested

are Neon's shit or not?

Completely fucking garbage.

Source: I'm an auto body mechanic.

>Auto Body
>Mechanic.

Pick one and only one.

Automatic Neons (any automatic from Chrysler during that era) were garbage. Manual Neons were great.

>he didnt buy a shop manual

if you got it with the 5 speed manual, they were glorious. No one who had a manual model bitched about them being bad cars. The 3 speed automatic though, which was the best selling version, was complete trash and ruined the car. The transmission makes a night and day difference.

>fixing dents gives you an opinion on a car's reliablity

I'd rather have an american car than a french car

the automatic transmission is unreliable trash. Apart from that its a good car for the price.

Only the autos were crap really. Sure, Gen 1s had excessive wind noise after years of seal neglect because of the frameless windows, but the head gasket issue was solved by late 1997 and they really did dominate stock racing for a few years. The second generation sedans were more comfortable and heavier, but still decently peppy compared to a non ecotec cavalier. Really though, a 1st Gen R/T or ACR with the 2.4 twincam is what you want if not an SRT4.

Chevrolet cavalier.
there are more cavaliers on this planet than any other car

There are lot of these still on the road.

dat miata livery

don't those things rust out like crazy?

Ford Festiva

I would say neon, but there was no hatchback, so Geo Metro. Hatchback is a necessity.

Twingos aren't factory performance oriented, cherry picking the ones that are is pretty much invalidating OP's parameters.

you actually have to be able to find the car for it to be the perfect shitbox

Not really no, and their body panels don't rust at all so they can look okay for a long time.

Another example of a car that is only good with manual trans. Love them though, burn oil but dat mpg.

The "manual or bust" part is actually pretty accurate though.

I'm aware, but due to the fact you have to pick specific generations or transmission option at all invalidates the parameters of "Americas iconic shitbox" when relative to the Twingo.

All twingos b gud

This is half of my entire point.

Not trying to be a shithead or shitpost here, but I disagree with Veeky Forumss discussion due to neglect of these two simple logic breaking errors that invalidate the entire class of "Americas iconic shitbox" with Twingo as it's relative parent.

1 vote gremlin
I've had to deal with all of the following in a single car
bsf
whitworth
iso 261
bolt heads in decimal inches