Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

Someone backed into my car today and damaged the front bumper. It looks like it needs to be replaced because there is a broken screw hole on the inside of the left part. The black fog light cover might need to be replaced too.

Can anyone tell me roughly how much this would cost to fix in total?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sOrGqBN61UY
ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-2015-2016-MAZDA-6-Front-Bumper-Painted-MA1000238-/291647468514?hash=item43e78b33e2:g:AOEAAOSw~otWf3vy&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/OEM-2014-2016-Mazda-3-Touring-Grand-Touring-Sport-Front-Bumper-Cover-/172179248733?fits=Year:2014|Make:Mazda|Model:3&hash=item2816aed65d:g:LiQAAOSw3mpXHUFV&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/CAPA-Bumper-Cover-Facial-Front-Sedan-Mazda-3-2014-2015-MA1000239C-BJS750031ABB-/351589991189?fits=Year:2014|Make:Mazda|Model:3&hash=item51dc658315:g:-QwAAOSw2GlXJUFz&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is the broken part at the top right. It's barely visible.

bout tree fiddy

Look at how much the bumper cover costs, it will be about 3-4x that.

About tree fiddy

like 1500 probably, but idk kek

insurance nigga

.. Fucking Veeky Forums being useless again

It's clear all your plastic push pins got ripped out. You can get a pack of em for $3.

Just fix it yourself man.

Have a friend hold the bumper in place while you put on new pins. You may have to take the tire off for convenience sake.

get an established from a shop. Do you have insurance?

The dents need to be fixed though. I'm not comfortable attempting to pop those in place considering it's a brand new car that is being leased. Also one of the holes for the push pins is broken at the side.

could you post a better picture of the dent itself?

i'm betting you could pop it right out.

From the outside? I can take it at an angle to portray the depth of it

heat gun and ducktape.

It's probably cracked though, necessitating a new cover.

$2500. It's what you got insurance for niqqa

Way too much deformation, and around other details in the bumper. If that does pop out, paint will probably be cracked and all kinds of shit.

Call your insurance company. Tell them somebody backed into you. It won't be cheap to have fixed at a shop, I'd say probably 2 grand or more.

inside, ouytside, just post it

2 grand or more for a bumper and to get it painted?
You out of your fuckin mind?

The guy who backed into me has insurance, but he wants to see if he can pay in cash before he fucks up his insurance rates (hes like 18 or 19).

He's a friend of a friend so I'm trying to figure out how much it will cost before alerting the insurance company.

Holy fuck just pop the plastic out with hot water and a heat gun. Save your buddy some money after that get an estimate or go through insurance. Body work is fuck easy I could fix all of that for you

Gotta pay to play. dumbass backed into you while playing Candy Crush or some shit, he deserves fucked insurance rates.

It's seriously going to be like $2500. I had someone clip my Bronco backing out of a parking spot, and it was $3k. This was in 2004.

>Replace chrome bumper
>Replace cracked taillight
>Repair gouged quarter panel
>Blend paint (quarter panel and tailgate)

>repaired gouged quarter panel
That's why it cost so much. It won't be 2500$ it's plastic for fuck sake and dude only hit the bumper

Cleaned the area pretty well to make sure there aren't any paint chippings or scratches. Looks good to me.

Also took a few pictures from different angles

Also the fog light cover seems to be in decent shape. I doubt that it will need to be replaced

I obviously can't tell if there are any interior damages, but I'm hoping for the best. The headlight is perfectly fine.

Dude that's nothing just pop it out and snap everything back together and buy new push clips or screws

youtube.com/watch?v=sOrGqBN61UY

literally the easiest thing in the world

Dude you're leasing it. Get it fixed right. It's not your car, it's the dealerships. If you "hurr durr good enough" repair it in your driveway and when you bring it back they have to replace the bumper, who do you think is eating the cost of the repair then? The dealership? The insurance? No, it's going to be on you.

It's an almost brand new car. The dude needs to pay and your car needs to be perfect

or hide it from them

BECAUSE FUCK DEALERSHIPS

pop it back out.
reinforce the holes with ductape.
ask the dude for money for the trouble he's done.
keep it in the bank.

>some one hit me
I doubt it otherwise you would be going to insurance and not asking us for help

heat gun on the bumper to soften and go back to normal then epoxy the screw hole, 20$ fix

I kind of agree with you but there's no way in hell. This car isn't mine. My dad leased it, and there's a good chance I won't buy it. Also keep in mind that one of the push pin holes is broken at the side, but I don't know how much that affects things.

If the car wasn't new and belonged to me, I would definitely try to pop it out myself.

>handing a dealership a golden ticket to fuck you over

Yer a smart one, ain't ya

>implying they won't notice the cracks or the wavy bumper cover when he turns it back in

>my dad leased it

Tell him what happened and follow his instructions to the letter. He leased it, his ass on the line, his call.

Exactly why I'm not fucking with it. The fog lamp cover seems to be perfectly fine but I'm still not going to pop it back in place.

What, are they gonna have him arrested?
They gonna send the mob to fuck with him?

Fuck em

This.

I work at a dealership. We can tell. And we LOVE going over a car trying to see all the ways you fucked it up, especially if it belongs to us.

yall gonna send swat to arrest a leaser?

You people are all dense motherfuckers.

>" I'm not comfortable attempting to pop those in place considering it's a brand new car that is being leased."

If it was HIS car, then yes, all your shadetree niggarig stuff would work. It's NOT his car. It belongs to the finance company/dealership. When they get it back and see the bumper has been epoxied/taped back together, they will make OP get it fixed properly then. And the insurance will tell him to fuck off because he didn't get it fixed at the time of the incident.

No but finance will have a field day with your credit and bank account and we get a cheap as fuck new model sitting in the used lot if any of us want to use our discount :^)

The bumper is already fucked, just try the heat gun.

>they will make OP get it fixed properly then
They gonna hire some bouncers to beat OP up?

How will they force him to fix it?
Mail him a bill that he can then ignore for the rest of his life?

Fucking Lol.

No, they'll make you pay to fix it properly, you stupid cockmangling thundercunt. If you refuse to pay, they'll take you to small-claims court and get a judgement filed against you to garnish your wages.

They only send SWAT in to disrespect your family.

OP here. I have an appointment with the dealership's service to have the car examined anyways. I'm not hiding from them or the insurance. I have the contact information of the guy who hit me, so he can't bail on me.

Also any more estimates on how much it will cost to fix?

And I thought /k/s retard tripfags were bad

Depends on if the bumper cover is all that's damaged. Body clips, Fender liners, etc. can add to the cost.

>Credit

Smart people don't need credit, because smart people don't associate WITH CAR DEALERS, and smart people don't live beyond their fucking means.

Fucking imbeciles.
>Credit
I swear you people are no different from the imbeciles that LPG tells us about.

I'll have my bank account frozen overnight if you fucks touch it.

>b-b-but you need credit to get a house!!
No one in their right mind would *buy* a house in 2016.

>report to insurance say you don't know who did it
>get them to fix it properly
>take guys money who hit you to pay deductible or pocket it

there you go

>No one in their right mind would *buy* a house in 2016.

no one in they right might would buy a house ever

You're just proving the stereotype about how tripfriends are fucking pants-on-head shit-flinging retarded.

If you don't pay the bill, they trash your credit and send it to collections. Collections blows up your phone trying to get you to pay up and skullfucks your credit. If you don't pay collections, they take you to court. Then you get to see something like this every month until it's paid.

They WILL get their money nowadays. It's not the 1970's.

>!!!!!oh no they're gonna garnish my-
>be unemployed

>buying used vehicles with sweaty smelly money you keep in a shoebox under your bed in your rented apartment where your landlord tells you what to do and you have to beg him to fix things

>not being able to pull into the driveway of the house you own in a nice new or slightly used car and having a place that is yours that you can take pride in

God, your existence must be so miserable. No wonder you trip on a Nepalese mountain climbing image board.

Seeing as the housing bubble is about to pop again I would wait and then snatch a decent one for cheap

They can garnish your NEETbux from the government too. Which means you won't be able to buy as much tendies and Dew as you want.

i been laughing for a good half hour now

i own outright btw

>everyone fell for the bait
>muhv6 successfully derails another thread

I'm guessing $2500. Is there a prize for being the closest without going over?

Nah, the next bubble is going to be student loans.

OP, take it in and have the pros look at it. This isn't something you mess around with trying to be that cool guy. Take it from someone who's been assfucked way too many goddamn times by idiots playing on their cell phones... body work is expensive as fuck. You're looking at 1800 to 2500 bucks worth of damage there.

ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-2015-2016-MAZDA-6-Front-Bumper-Painted-MA1000238-/291647468514?hash=item43e78b33e2:g:AOEAAOSw~otWf3vy&vxp=mtr

Get it painted to match your paint code, install yourself, pocket the rest of the insurance money.

In the next bubble pop, nobody will be able to buy homes, let alone cars.

Only thing you own is a buss pass and a case of gonorrhea.

You're an idiot. I had a 1994 nissan pathfinder and was rear-ended by a Suburban.

To replace the bumper at the shop was $1380 or so. Zero other damage.

I took the check and laughed my way to the junkyard.

$1400 check
for a bumper
for a 1994 pathfinder.

Get your shit checked.

This.

$1400.

Have it fixed with insurance. No cost to you besides the deductible and the dealer eats the depreciation from the accident. Your rates will prob go up but that's what you get for not getting a shit box with minimal limits.

>Your rates will prob go up

My car was parked in a parking lot when the guy hit me. I doubt insurance rates will change

>claiming anything on insurance and thinking your rates won't go up
Kek. Good luck with that.

Claiming as in asking them to take your word on it?

You wot?
Claim as in they pay out money to repair your car.

Why do you offer advice when you so clearly know absolutely nothing about bodywork?

I'm just making sure we're on the same page. I will be okay with a deductible, but that's if I decide to repair it with my own insurance. The guy who hit me offered to pay in cash, and if he doesn't, I made him sign an agreement stating that he caused to accident and that he will pay. If he doesn't pay, he's a kid so I can let his family know what happened and let them pay it.

Basically there's a very low chance that my insurance will pay for it

soooo... the guy who hit you doesn't have insurance? or are he/his folks avoiding having to go through their insurance to avoid premium increase? the only way your insurance is paying is if you were at fault or the guy who hit you doesn't have insurance or is too poor/won't pay the bodyshop cash.

spotted the bus pass holder

I'm in (sort of) the same boat as OP. New mazda3, I was out hooning in the rain a little when I understeered into some rocks like an idiot, and cracked the left side of the front bumper. Would I need to buy a whole new bumper, or could I just patch it up with a kit? If I patched it up, how would I paint it over? The car has pearl white paint and I know that's a pain in the ass to repair.
The car is leased btw, but I plan on buying it out at the end of the lease since I got a good deal on the residual... But I'm not 100% sure I'll end up buying it, so nigger-tier repair work could be an issue.

Another pic

ROFLMAO YOU MADE HIM SIGN AN AGREEMENT!?!? LIKE NIGGA ON A WENDY'S NAPKIN HAHAHAHA

Get the guy's insurance to pay for it. That's what he has it for, and god forbid there's something else that's broken that you haven't found it that a professional might.

However, if you're still hellbent on giving this guy a pass, you should already be calling a body shop and asking them, not Veeky Forums.

Body man here. The shop bill will be about 1100-1400 to take off the bumper, straighten it, fill and prep it, prime it, paint and clear it.

If you need a new bumper it'll be more, if there is further damage it will be more.

JESUS CHRIST.
GET UNPAINTED BUMPER.
HAVE IT PAINTED.
PUT ON BUMPER.
SAVE YOURSELF $700

CAN NO ONE FIGURE THIS OUT

You need a professional color match and spray job. If you have the shop space, correct sprayer and experience, go for it.

Otherwise a poorly done job will be a waste of time.

OBSERVE
ebay.com/itm/OEM-2014-2016-Mazda-3-Touring-Grand-Touring-Sport-Front-Bumper-Cover-/172179248733?fits=Year:2014|Make:Mazda|Model:3&hash=item2816aed65d:g:LiQAAOSw3mpXHUFV&vxp=mtr

$400 TO HAVE IT PAINTED

>Body man here.

Tell us some horror stories.

Well yeah, but to get the unpainted bumper is cheap. To get it color matched on a new car is usually just the paint code because it hasn't faded. It SHOULD BE under $1000 total. Which anyone should be able to afford and if you can't you shouldn't be driving anything newer than 2010.

he does. he prefers to pay in cash because his insurance rates are already through the roof from past endeavors

Apparently it's a thing. It doesn't matter anyways I know his contact information and everything.

I was just looking for a rough estimate. If it really costs over $1,000 then I probably will get his insurance involved.

That one has scratches on cracks on it. Do you know where to get a new bumper that isn't used? I looked for a little bit but couldn't really find an OEM bumper that wasn't used or a knockoff or something.

this might be good. gonna get some popcorn

The would strip the bumper first and smooth it out. Since there is no major damage it wouldnt be much work, 95% of bumpers are just ABS plastic. Plus there is dozens of other front bumpers on there, even unpainted ones, for not much more.

lol you're a fucking dumbass sorry. He probably got the jump on you and already claimed you caused the accident.

I can't expect you to read the entire thread, but he's a friend of a friend. I have his contact information, full name, and plate number. I can easily ask my friend for his address, so I'm not worried in the least.

Well if he was so inclined to save his own ass he could file a claim against you. Seeing as there's no police report and you have the front end damage. Looks like you could have easily caused it.

He's not a malicious person

Well I see you are content with it OP but for future reference its best to go the insurance route when you are not at fault. If you both had some beaters it'd be another story. Hell say you didn't know they guy. He could have file the damages against you and gone to the chiropractor by now saying his neck hurts, etc... Mexicans do it everyday b

God you're a fucking retard

>The guy who backed into me has insurance, but he wants to see if he can pay in cash before he fucks up his insurance rates (hes like 18 or 19).

NO. Fuck that guy, don't fuck yourself trying to be "nice". Do you have his information? If yes call you insurance company and give them the info, let them be the assholes and go after him and his insurance company. He hit you, you should not pay a cent, you should not expend any effort trying to get an estimate, its his mistake its up to him to make it 100% right.

ebay.com/itm/CAPA-Bumper-Cover-Facial-Front-Sedan-Mazda-3-2014-2015-MA1000239C-BJS750031ABB-/351589991189?fits=Year:2014|Make:Mazda|Model:3&hash=item51dc658315:g:-QwAAOSw2GlXJUFz&vxp=mtr

Unpainted, not a bad price.

Make an insurance claim if you can, you may not be able to if you did not file a police before.

then this.

He still can but no reason to delay it can only complicate things. People get in accidents all the time but don't have reports for various reasons. Police report helps determine who is at fault. $5 says this gets chalked up as 50-50 at fault cause he was a nice guy.

Where I live police don't even take reports for minor accidents. It is up to you to report the crash to the state DMV.
> $5 says this gets chalked up as 50-50 at fault cause he was a nice guy.
I got $5 on the guilty guy's insurance telling OP to take a hike.

Make him pay for a really nice body kit and get in the habit of vape n' scraping past his house and calling him a faggot

Best answer

That's not something to be proud of you leech.