Hello people, i was wondering what Veeky Forums thinks of this little fella...

hello people, i was wondering what Veeky Forums thinks of this little fella? im about to start restoration on one and try to update it as much as i can, it will be my money pit just for fun

Other urls found in this thread:

aaenperformance.com/V4_racing_engine.asp
youtu.be/5ecnOghVu-g
youtube.com/watch?v=4zrhKM0XODk#t=9m44s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

seems like it'd be kinda boring to keep it factory, a restomod would be quite cool though

thats the plan, the engine is just a 600cc with i think 35ish HP, but i want to squeeze as much as i can, or at least, enough to keep 70mph/120km on the highway...i know that the first mod to put the is the cams from a 127 fiat and it will start to run better, but i know for a fact that there is more to do with that little engine, i just need to found out what are the mods... i might try to go for the abarth body style with a radiator infront

Hayabusa engine in the back, do it. At least give it a nice roar like in this little fella

Its not kind to anyone of normal height. My girlfriends dad has one back in Italy, but theyre all midgets. The engine isn't much to look at but is simple enough to fix apparently from what i can understand of his mediterranean babbling.

wish i could, where i live that would not be road legal...and i want to keep in on the road, after all i want to travel with this little shit

Where is the engine? Rear or front?

If rear you could easily fit a small modern engine in there, if front you're probably limited to tuning the stock engine or dropping a more powerful motorcycle engine in there.

its rear engine, the engine swap is tempting, i watched in the jewtubes some of them with swaped engine, but i hated that i have to modify the rear end cause the new engine is a tad larger than the stock one....but if it comes to that i will

Just pick the right engine so you wont have to modify anything other than mounts. You have so many engines to choose from there are bound to be a couple perfect fits.

Better add that it leans quite hard under cornering incase you might want to stiffen it a wee bit.

Whatever you do, just don't be the millionth idiot to build a crappy Abbarth replica.

No one will really care ir you fuck up, as there are thousands of these little things out there, both Fiat and Seat, but really, it's much better to see a slightly modified one with a good finish than yet anooooother I-wanted-an-Abbarth-but-could-only-afford-10-kg-of-fiberglass-and-home-printed-decals. Don't be that guy, please.

Put a VW T1 motor in it and ripp hektik wheelies

uleh

its like this but a little longer and with an inline 4
something with an aluminium block is a good start
aaenperformance.com/V4_racing_engine.asp

oh yeah, when i first thought about an engine swap, the 1.6 audi (vw gol/golf) came to mind :P

this one on pic, goes along with what im thinking about it, fuck the race decals n shit, its engine what i care most...like i said, if i can make it ride 70mph/120kph on the highway comfortably without blowing out on me...im good

what about with k100 or k1600 engine
north of 60 hp is plenty to hold 120 kph

Thats a fucking three-wheelie. Fuck

Awesome, OP, any pics as it is now?

Are you in the states? If so, how much did you pay for yours? I've tried looking but people are asking 5 figures for a rusty shell, that's insane.

Please paint it yellow like Lupin's.

sorry, no pics for now, im from South America, Argentina to be precise, in US currency, it would be $700dls

is that a Kawasaki motorcycle engine? cause as i stated before, motorcycle engines in cars, are not street legal, and i want this little shit on the road

Saw few days ago.

youtu.be/5ecnOghVu-g

its a 1649 cc traverse inline 6
158 hp @ 7,500 rpm
129 lbf·ft @ 5,000 rpm

898 cc
67 hp 50 kW
56 lbf·ft

Do you use the integrated transmission?
How do you give it a reverse gear?

633ccm(fiat 600) - 19ks
767ccm(z750) - 24ks
767ccm (z750Special) - 30ks
843ccm (z850) - 32ks
903ccm (F127/Y45/Panda 900/A112 junior) - 43ks(F127,A112) , 45ks (Y45 i Panda)
965ccm (A112 Elite) - 48ks
982ccm (A112 Abarth A1000) - 58ks
1050ccm (A112 Abarth A2000) - 70ks
767ccm (Panda 750) - 28ks
767ccm (Panda 750 Fire) - 35ks
848ccm (Panda 850) - 36ks
999ccm (Panda 1000 Fire) - 44/45ks

LT models have a reverse gear
the integrated transmission outputs to a prop shaft
should be easy to attach a differential to and that with 12 inch wheels can be used to lower the final drive ratio

youtube.com/watch?v=4zrhKM0XODk#t=9m44s
this has a inbuilt reverse gear and at 1150 lbs
fiat 600 is 1,290 lb (bear in mind this is all steel body and iron block engine)

The one from the FIRE can work with the stock transmission, i might go for that one

might want to turbo that son of a bitch
garret gt 12 should get it to 80 hp and with good torque
but needs supporting mods like cam or pistons

everything else like the intake and the fuelling is much easier with efi

Just swap a 13b into it with a big carb. It is small enough to fit and "lolapexseals" isn't a big deal if you are not dailying it. I am now assuming it rotates in a correct direction.

I did thought about a turbo, a low pressure one, to help it keep highway speeds, but first thing is to put an engine that works without too much hassle, and make it reliable to use it as a daily conmuter n shit, no use for me to put so much money to just take it out on weekends

nothing much is needed psi wise only 8.7 lbs
and the fuel economy gets a bit better on highway

in theory 140 kph is the max
but with the 903 cc engine the car struggles to get past 130 kph

good thing with the panda engine is that it has more torque than most of the other engines
and this should help with the somewhat tall final gear ratio

All of those on list fit stock trans/mounts.

Ya, thats why im going to go for that one, not only its an almost bolt on mod, but theres a ton of mods for that engine aswell

any of them rotate in reverse ?

No, those all rotate the right way.

cool cars, though I think the 500 looks cuter

just iirc some of the fwd sourced 100 series do

might be easier to drop in something small like a peugeot tu or uno turbo engine transversely with the diff in front.
then convert to reverse (ccw) rotation.
or a honda engine and convert to cw rotation

Honda engines are stupid expensive and hard to find where i live, thats why i was considering another bigger fiat or the audi 1.6, but with the audi there is the gearbox issue that i really dont wanna deal with if i can avoid it, i didnt even thought about Peugeots, ill check them out