Dip barely triggers your stop-loss

>dip barely triggers your stop-loss
>skyrockets immediately

How are you supposed to make money without spending every waking second on your portfolio?

stop scalping

try r9k

if your stoplosses are so tight that they get triggered you'll stand no chance

>using stop losses

You buy shares of good companies with solid financials. You buy big blue chips, and you buy small companies with fantastic financial records of growth, and optimistic Director statements for continued future growth.

You also invest in a diversified basket of mutual funds.

Did they trigger at like 3%?

here's a hint: new traders aren't unique and usually have stops in the same areas. Smart traders with fat pockets run their stops all the time.

The moral: don't put your stops at obvious areas.

>stoplosses shouldn't be triggered ever
Then what's the fucking point?

That is your own fault for using tight stop losses. Get good son.

widen your stop losses or stop using automatic stops.

That's not the point he is making. Clearly the OP's stop loss limits are way too high.

>using stop-losses

Hey female, how's your vagina today?

You arent yet adequate at managing risk to be a trader

Market Manipulators have algos run all day to trigger stops. Your stops need to be less conservative and/or you need to time your trades better. That's the reality of trading, when you dont eat you get eaten

You make money by paying a different game entirely. Stop trading and starts investing, and have seen me faith in the long term validation of your business yang and selling decisions.

>but imvestings boring I'm just an impatient little faggot who wants to buy weed and this years smartphone on the w/end!!!

new here, is this a meme or a 'solid' opinion? This sounds like how you get raped in the correction that's coming.

>Market Makers manipulate the market

No they don't take off that tinfoil hat

I hate hearing "Wow the market makers are playing games today! showing all the sells but no buys wow theyre showing buys as sells" fuck off

lmao I think that accounts for about 50% of the posts on stocktwits

It's solid advice, but i personally am waiting for the correction so i can buy stocks on sale.

Although i've been watching and waiting for that correction since January.. I mean Brexit only corrected the market 9%, which quickly rebounded... So fuck if i know when this sale is gonna happen.

price is at 100
your sl is at 99
your target is 110
you're going to hit your sl 10 times and your target once

btw don't fucking with stokcs
get into options where you can actually quantify the probability of profit

>quantify
garbage in, garbage out. it's no more quantifiable than price targets based on analysis of regular stocks

DO NOT SET STOP LOSSES.

The algorithms will see them.

Just drink, it'll take the edge off.

Meanwhile market is up 10% since January despite brexit. What's the point in waiting for a collapse if it's only half the growth you've missed out on

wew lad

Instead of waiting for shit to happen and thinking you can capitalise on it (i.e timing the market, something pretty much every good investor, and every good book on investing advises against) you should focus on good fundamental analysis and buy stocks you find that are good, then.

And don't forget to back yourself up with some passive options too. Mutual funds are a sweet, sweet, thing.

That's what you would think, but if you do a simulation it's more than 10x likely to hit 99, before 110.

If you don't think there will be a directional move, you shouldn't do this strategy or you'll get fucked by a shaky market.

except for the fact that you can actually find the equations on options pricing...

regardless, considering fees and slippage, it's -ev

what does this mean? i know what it is. is it a bunch of pussies bitching and moaning on /r9k/?

how do they see them?

Can you invest in mutual funds on robinhood? Also why not index funds?

>using stop losses
Hah. If what you're buying has value you should buy more when the price decreases, not sell you dingus.

Can't predict the news friend. For example, I've made 12% on DB the last 6 weeks but I have close stops on it because who knows when some horrendous news is gonna drop and I'm in a meeting and don't see it for 3 hours.

That's a perfect opportunity to buy moar, assuming your initial assessment was correct and the stock isn't a piece of shit then you ought to count the market's overreaction to this news as a blessing and buy some discounted shares.

they can see the orders on the order book
however, it's asinine to think that the big whales are fishing for fish

what really happens is someone sees a whale that's fucked up and goes on leverage to the max to take as much of the whale as they can

>Hey guise, I don't want to spend time working in the markets to improve my skills. How come I keep getting fucked while trying to make money doing nothing?

>dip barely triggers your stop-loss
>skyrockets immediately

every. fucking. time.

It's like they know

Refine your methods. Keep back testing until you find position management rules that suit your entry method.

It's probably the best piece of advice here the problem is that the market is too volatile with even mention of the Fed raising interest rates. That kind of instability could fuck the markets if Wall Street didn't act like a bunch of fucking pussies. So right now, as it is, would not be the best time to follow this advice. Buy at the dip.

>It's like they know
of course they do, it's their simulation that you're living in.