Why d/o/es no one ever talk about the MR2? It's RWD and while not that much power, neither does the Miata. Plus...

Why d/o/es no one ever talk about the MR2? It's RWD and while not that much power, neither does the Miata. Plus, the MR2 doesn't look fucking gay as shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5527285422.html
youtube.com/watch?v=m7rRAiQFlbE
youtube.com/watch?v=rKxO_fiZO7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We talk about the AW11 all the time, lurk the fuck moar.

Seeing as this is now a aw11 thread, is swapping in the v6 or 20v better?

lol snap oversteer

Only a cuck can't control his ride.

20v for ultimate high-revvy-ness
v6 for shitloads of torque and acceleration at any rpm

>Why d/o/es no one ever talk about the MR2?
Welcome to Veeky Forums, please enjoy your stay.

Why are boxy rear ends so sexy Veeky Forums?

Why do people think rwd is some inherent bonus

Is this your first post on Veeky Forums?

nah I've been shitposting about FA5's for like a week now

aw11 threads always get shitted up by memers at the moment.

it's not, MR is.

>Why d/o/es no one ever talk about the MR2
we do, every day

B8

what is actually in the front end considering the engine isnt there?

Ice chest

Spare seat to replace the back seats

would putting expanding foam in there increase its safety rating?

The secondary engine

Is this a gud deal Veeky Forums

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5527285422.html

>this car turns heads

and my stomach with that crap on the front

Are you kidding me?

>supercharger
im almost positive it was turbocharged not supercharged Veeky Forums

nope, was supercharged, very un-japanese i know

Aw11

I want one but arent they really underpowered?

I don't consider any gen truly underpowered
the 1st and 3rd gen don't seem to have a lot of HP or torque, but they are extremely light cars at ~2100-2200 lbs.

Best case you could make for being underpowered is the N/A second gen which has a Camry engine, should never have been made. Despite being heavier this gen still handles very well and you can carry the momentum through the corners fine. And turbo MR2s are getting cheaper it seems.

>1.6 DOHC turbo/supercharged

Meh, they are slow enough to be shitboxes, but not so slow they cant be fixed.

underpowered compared to? its 1.6L making 150bhp. puts it in the same bracket as a basic miata really.

but what do you think it should have? 180? 220?

3SGTE swaps are well documented if you get a 3SGTE from a late model SW20 (so you get the engine with the upgraded injectors and turbo) you can be making 280 on a stock ECU.

i never understood the car bra thing. it looks hideous.

Worse than those japanese windscreen chip guards.

Call me strict but i think that all good engines should make 100hp/liter in N/A.

lets put it this way, for the same price range, I can get a 300zx(not for parts though lmao) or a v8 commodore

Because the Fiero is better

The Satanic black stone of Saturn.

for the same price i couldve gotten a motorbike that blows everything else out of the water.

if you just want power/speed per dollar, yeah a falcodore or motorbike is the way to go.

i bought an MR2 because i wanted a classic 80's wedge, it was either this, a Delta or a Audi coupe

spare wheel and small luggage compartment.

>tfw i almost didn't get an aw11 because i thought the looks were off-putting
>tfw when imagining driving a fiero which looks even worse

I shuddered. It would be like driving a knock-off of an already extremely niche product.

I have some respect for the 88 gt though.

SNAP OVERSTEER HNNNNNNNNNG

what did you like about it? the 80's wedge?
what did you like about it though?

mid engine not 80's you had the SW20 or ZZW30.

No but the wedge has grown on me. Look back at it every time now. I love the fact that it's mid engined, rwd, is (relatively) light, has pop ups... call me a special snowflake but i love how unique this car is. It was toyota doing something totally different and fun.

I got it for cheap from a friend of my dad's. When i was looking for an mr2 i wanted an sw20.

SW20 looks by far the best to the average person. For this reason finding a decent low mileage one that hasn't been "modded" by a teenager is difficult here.

I would never consider a zzw30 though i'm surprised at how cheap they are despite not being that old. I don't like their styling in the least. It doesn't even have the charm or uniqueness of the mk1.

As an europeon with no access to cheap fieros or MR2s, how do these budget MR cars actually behave compared to lets say equivalent year stock 320i

a good one is about $5-6k AUD

That's quite expensive for a 30yo car, when a decent e46 325i goes for roughly the same here. I'm asking about the handling of budget MR cars compared to their FR peers, from someone who has experience with them, preferably tracking.

They'll outhandle a 320i any day of the week, and they're faster as well.
What you really need to worry about is snap oversteer. Because the engine is behind you, there is a bit of a pendulum effect. Not as bad as a 911, mind you, but more unpredictable. That said, The Fiero is a LOT more forgiving than the MR2 and is more reluctant to snap oversteer. It can still spin easily, but not as easily as the Toyota.
youtube.com/watch?v=m7rRAiQFlbE
youtube.com/watch?v=rKxO_fiZO7Y

Is the black front cover supposed to protect the bumper area?

supposed to block/prevent stone scratches and chips.

called a "car bra" common on american cars.

Early ones are fun the next generation got all tail happy and then things got serious again.
Don't try to transport anything larger than a packet of chips in it.

>4 wheels, gazebo, 20l petrol can, 10L cool bag with packed lunches for 4 people, helmet, race suit.

It's always a different matter when you don't give a shit about your interior.

Point taken :)

yeah thats true.

I really want to make a luggage rack, similar to MX5's or Corvette's for carrying my wheels.

Why not a Sophie Ellis-Bextor approved MG TF for British turbo roadster fun?

150hp from a 1.6 is pretty damn close.

shitty car that's why, really bad handling such a shit car to own don't get one

I remember them having decent storage space. As long as your not trying to use it to move house, then it's not going to be a problem.

The Fiero had enough luggage space to be used every day, but the MR2 always lagged behind it in practicality.

shit driver detected

kek, anyone know any good sites to import them?

Idk where you are From, but all the construction here leaves tiny rocks and they destroy the front bumper and hood paint. They're a godsend

but what's the point if you can't see teh paint anyway?

its a great car

>has never seen the space in an aw11
Its massive

Don't feed the troll.

I'd say the AW11 is one of Veeky Forums's collective favorite cars.

>T top
Nope.

>Supercharged
All t-top
>T-top
Nothing wrong with a t-top. Especially in California

Then get a Silvertip/Blacktop 20V 4A-GE, they make that NA

Only slightly, the Fiero's trunk had a little more depth than the MR2's, but the MR2's frunk was useable compared to the Fiero's

>not having 2 trunks

>RWD

Starting of strong with this bait, son.

Are you implying that the mid engine MR2 isn't RWD? You fucking dipshit

Veeky Forums is fucking crazy about that old jap shitbox, are you new here or something

Probably not.

But...it is RWD

Lololol, monotheism.

The mr2 is a long running meme car dude, welcome to Veeky Forums