Kia Soul

Mommy and daddy are buying me a car. Catch is they'd like to drive it as well, now that my dad's car is breaking down constantly and my mom's car had 2 transmission replacements in 90k miles. They were looking at the Kia Soul. What does Veeky Forums think about it? Is it a boring shitbox? Does it have any redeeming qualities? Are there other cars that are somewhat similar and aren't anemic shitboxes? Budget is $25k.

It's a mediocre econobox. A civic for

>they were looking at a Kia soul
You mean your mom was and you and your dad are getting cucked

>i'm 12 and my mommy and daddy are buying a car

>having problems with an unreliable car
>looking at a korean car
Buy a civic, shut up, etc

I'm 18.
>unreliable
These don't seem to have problems reliability-wise, but they are slow and anemic.
>civic
Felt like a slow, anemic shitbox just like this thing did.
They won't buy used. They're too paranoid about previous owners not taking care of their cars or deliberate malice. Their justification was "our parents got us new cars at 16/18, we should do the same".
My dad actually was the one that brought the idea up.

should I get a Fit instead? I know it's an another anemic shitbox, but for a 2015 EX-L model it's $18k.

ECOBOOST MUSTANG

I think my parents would laugh at me and say I had a small penis.

But I can try.

>my mom's car had 2 transmission replacements in 90k miles
fugg what car is that. pick manual then OP

2009 Nissan Rogue

They won't allow manuals because neither of them can drive it.

Is it really such a thing in murica to laugh at owners of powerful cars?
This is some third world behavior

To my turbo-liberal parents/anyone who is insecure or jealous, yes. The Ecoboost Mustang isn't even that powerful, but I wouldn't doubt they still will bring this shit up.

Just get some volvo

Get an accord, gont get a gimmiky "sporty" car, just get a land barge. Accords are comfy and dont brake, nothing on mine has broken, 220k miles, my old one finally needed 1 new spark plug at 290k

break*..........

>they were looking at a budget shitbox
>the budget shitbox that just costs more making it better somehow in retard logic
if they've got their hearts set on a budget shitbox, go for a Rio. it's half the price.

if they want the premium shitbox,

the ford focus is a better choice.
>comes in white
>same price
>not a retard ugly brick
>doesnt look like a womans car
>doesnt look like a clown sized SUV
>quality brand with cheap parts and servicing

Kia offers a big guarantee on their cars in europe. I don't think they'd do that if they'd think their cars would suck. That being sad I learned to drive in a Kia Ceed, that never caused any big trouble, so I'm kind of biased. I guess it's an okay beginners car.

>not the superior BV206

They are not bad at all. Apparently very reliable and resale is still quite high I guess cause they are so popular. If they do go for one at least get the ! one with everything.

My mom's Jeep was going tits up (mind you she's 80 and acts like a friggin 30 year old), and she liked how they looked and while she misses the bells and whistles she really loves it. She has the + I believe, and its got enough get up and go for any casual everyday driver.

My wife has one. Feels better put together than both of the us made hondas ive had.

Shit dude, that sucks. They'll probably shoot down anything that's not a boring econobox with super high empeegees because "muh environment".

>ecoboost
>not a v8

why cuck yourself

My wife has + model soul with the 2.0 in it. It gets good gas mileage and has plenty of power for day to day driving. It has a roomy interior for the size of the car and depending on trim level that have a lot of creature comforts for not much extra cost.

Tl;dr great car for the price

I mamaged to convice them to consider getting a Mustang/Camaro, Fusion Sport, or Accord V6. My mom cried and said "I failed as a mother" when I brought up buying a Mustang.

My wife has one, it's the base manual model. One of the most pleasant clutches I've used. It's gif to teach with because hers is very smooth and provides good feedback.

As others have said, good mileage, pretty reliable, really comfy, and decent power. Lots of room for taking friends around, and the seats fold down for storage or sex.

It isn't particularly sexy, but it's a unisex car where I live. No one calls men fags if they're driving one. The trunk is recessed, which makes for a bit more space, but makes using it as a sleeping area harder.

Overall, good car. I like it. The dealership is still doing work at a decent discount for us.