Who /mobil1/ here?

who /mobil1/ here?

Castrol edge and high mileage syn blend master race reporting in.

Shell Rotella T6 > Mobil 1

>All these trash oils
Shell Helix Ultra or Castrol TWS

motul 300v reporting in

I use yt in the Acura.

This is used in the M3.

Rotella T6 was always used in the R1.

>76
>5 bucks more for car wash and self-serve vacuum
>bro-tier cashier gives me fuel injector cleaner and premium gas for the price of regular since I'm a long-term customer and try to act polite around him
>mfw the engine roars to life after I fill up with premium
I honestly feel warm and fuzzy when I fill up the car. It makes me feel like I'm taking care of my car with the love and respect it deserves.

This, my car seems happier on castrol gtx high mileage than it was on mobil1. Runs slightly smoother and doesn't leak or burn as much.

I don't see how certain oils can stop leaks...

DIfferent additive packages. The castrol one has more seal-swell additives that puff up the seals to let less oil past them.

why not factory M oil?
and isn't the mahle not actually OEM or does it have metal end caps?

Pennzoil Yellow bottle and Pennzoil platinum master race

Who /cheapestfullsynthetic/ here?

Who Havoline here?

Factory was made by Castrol. BMW just switched tp Shell making it. No more exclusively. I love LM. Never an issue with it. And Mahle is OEM.

Leaks tend to only get worse though.

Yeah I'm aware they switched to Shell, my question is does the Mahle filter has metallic end caps or are they the epoxied ones? Because people claim the mahle is OEM but if the caps aren't metal it isn't OEM spec.

P e n r it e
e
n
r
i
t
e

The Mahle.

I've had mine for 5 years and have never seen another filter be named an OEM one other than a Mahle. Some say Mann too. Mann one's don't fit as well though.

And Mahle fuel filters actually have a BMW stamp on them.

I have NEVER seen a BMW stamped oil filter for mine.

Some of the old Castrol.

This is the most foul-smelling shit you'll ever smell once it's been drained. It is rancid. You can taste it for literally minutes after just smelling it. I never could figure out why.

This stuff too had always been made in Germany. Not some cheap otc stuff like what's found here in the US.

Yeah the Mann are definitely not OEM. If you order the OEM S54 filters from BMW they come with the stamp and part number on them.

Tho now that I've seen your picture I'll just save a few bucks and pick up a mahle next time. That is obviously the same as the BMW sourced ones.

I never buy anything from the dealer. Just stuff like gaskets or something really cheap where I can get free, expedited shipping when online the price shoots up $10 for shipping.

I give $70 for 7 liters of that oil and the Mahle filter of course with all new gaskets and washers. Some forum guys claim some dealers receommend it over the Castrol but who knows.. Mine was tracked exclusively for the first three years of ownership. I've used LM many times and my valve train is free of staining, doesn't burn oil at all or anything.

>OEM fluids or bust kids

Buying from the dealer isn't that bad thanks to internet shopping around.

Where do you buy a filter and seven liters of 10W60 for that cheap? M Power and OEM filter is like $100 online and even just castrol branded TWS and a mahle is $90 or so shipped.

FiveStar007 from eBay. It's a German indie shop from TX. I have an invoice in the car I can get you an exact name of the company tomorrow.

Nice, thanks. Hit up /bmwg/ if this thread 404s

Da

>syn blend master race
yes, good goy, it's blended yessss
>proprietary fractions witheld as trade secret
>hey schlomo, what you putting in that oil?

that means youre well past the point you needed to change the oil. never done a diff or transmission fluid change on an old car?

who here billet master race?

>Not brewing your own oil

>Not using Tesco value oil

It's like you want to throw away your money

Ofc

>$25/5qt jug at walmart

me

>oil

iknow right!

Rotella T6 in the E36 M3/H23A Integra with OEM filters (Mahle OX187D for BMW, Honeywell PCX S2000 filter from Honda)

Almost always ends up leaving my internals ridiculously clean with low burn off, and runs noticeably quieter.

Castrol PowerRS Racing 10W-40 for my KLX250 and OEM Kawasaki Filters (Made in Japan vs Made in India K&N)

Just started running it, so not sure

Mobil 1 AFE 0w-30 and 5w-30 ESP (Mix after getting 10 quarts for $2.15 each) and Motorcraft FL-810 S2000 Filter (OEM Ford for $4 from Amazon) for 98 Civic EX

Shitbox gets whatever I find on clearance.

I go on a 4 to 5k mile interval when BMW calls for changes at every 15k. The smell is probably some additive in the oil. Liquimoly has never smelled like anything other than oil.

When I tracked my car, I changed my oil every other weekend every season. Castrol had always smelled bad then too; LM not so much.

Would like to try the Shell formula to see if similar to Castrol. Not getting ripped off though so I'll pass.

That co is German Motor.

Here's a look at the inside of a new Mahle. Metal as well.

>needing an oil filter wrench

If you put it on right you should be able to do it one handed

What if I do oil changes on a few differnet vehicles where it may not be easy to my hands around, or somebody with Hercules-levels of retarded strength have tightened it?

Caps also have a tendency to be a lot tighter when you're removing them after they've sat for 10-12 months