Why do people always talk shit about honda ridgelines?

Why do people always talk shit about honda ridgelines?

I know they're not real offroad trucks, and they have a car chassis, but these are perfect daily drivers if you only need to ocassionally haul things and do really light offroading.

discuss, these are pretty cheap and i'm considering one or a base 4runner for long roadtrips and light offroading.

>not real offroad trucks
>car chassis
>really light offroading
come on op you already answered your own question

Get the 4runner, it's more reliable and not a fake cucktruck. You don't really sound like you have to haul dirty shit, so the bed would probably go to waste (not like a 4 foot bed would really cut it)

um. any light offroading this can do you can do in a ford edge or some shit.

They're not cheap at all. They're like 30k+ new and used they're just as much as a similarly used truck.

also those ones are ugly as fuck.

my WRX is more of a truck than this truck is a truck

Gets the same mileage as a real V6 or V8 truck.
Costs more than a normal truck after the Honda tax.

meh.

The V6 makes shit power and gets similar fuel economy to the V8 powered competition (pic related.)

The platform is taken from a Honda Pilot so the only off-roading it can do could also be done by a Subaru Outback station wagon.

It can't tow.

It can't haul.

And aside from the trunk underneath the bed being good for tailgating (and there are MUCH better cars for tailgating like the Pontiac Aztek), what good IS there in it?

That's horrifying. So the only reason you'd buy a Ridgeline over a conventional 1/2 ton is that you want a car that looks and drinks like a truck?

I guess. biggest things i've had to haul in the past year were my parents 2 massive dogs and furniture.

had my uncle lend me his 05 crew cab silverado. Loved it.

I could get a tacoma for around that money, but i'm not really a fan of them. Nor do i think they're as comfy. I personally really like the looks.

>implying

My niece's girl scout leader has one of these. She got it in her divorce which is the only reason why she has it. She hates it because of the shit gas mileage and how ugly it is. It doesn't have any more room or utility than an Accord. Her ex tried to take it offroading a few times and got stuck or bottomed out on some of the easiest trails around here that bone stock 2wd Tacomas were having no problem with. Get the 4Runner.

Actually the only reason I can think of is you need something to haul mulch home from Lowes, you don't want to ruin the cargo area of your wife's Honda Pilot, and you're a whore for the Honda badge.
Those would be the only reasons to buy one.

suspension collapse in

thats from a ridgeline?

From a Pilot. Same thing though. A Ridgeline is just a Pilot with a bed. The suspension/brakes are identical.

Which means they're perfect for 80% of pickup owners who aren't contractors.

so ive heard, unreliable as hell

they are still more truck that 90% of truck owners actually need, which makes them lash out at the Ridgeline

The fuel economy makes then not perfect for 80% of truck buyers.

That's where you buy a Subaru Baja.

I worked at a Honda dealership for 4 years, the only good thing about the Ridgeline is it's the most comfy pickup I've ever sat in.
Other than that it's overpriced for what it is.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Looking at 4runners and tacomas now, trying to decide if i actually need the tiny ass bed or comfier back.

>I still like the ridgeline though ;_;

I would also look at Chevy Tahoe's and GMC Yukons.

If you culd deal with fuel economy of a full size truck like the Ridgeline has, you can deal with these SUV variant of the Silverado. They have the glorious LS V8 engines, can tow, haul, and actually do truck things.

A honda element is way better

I've driven one

i don't like the interior quality.
Despite being an improvement over the previous generation, it's still not really that good.

Also heard 07's have a lot of electrical issues

There's always teething problems the first year of a new model. 08 and 09 models are better.

Then check out the Cadillac Escalade. Same thing as the Tahoe and Yukon, but with a much nicer interior

If you like the Ridgeline, then get it. We've provided you our input, but don't let a bunch Anons up in the middle of the night sway your decision. We don't buy vehicles solely based on needs. If that was true we'd see a fuckton more Corollas on the road than we do already

Roads are too shitty to own an escalade, but i guess wheels can be changed to something smaller and higher profile.

I'm not black enough to own one either, i think. or a woman.

Yeah.. I know. Thanks.

I'll think about all these options overnight.

Does your wrx have a bed?

Why do people keep saying that to be a truck it has to off road well?

Trucks are supposed to haul shit. That's why they have beds.

But the Ridgeline can't haul shit. That's why it's shit.