Tesla

Worth buying a Model S for the auto pilot feature?
I travel from city to city a lot and let's be honest, that 0-60 in 2.8 sec doesn't hurt either.

When you actually do accelerate from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds you can listen to the battery draining like a sink. Nevermind the complete unnecessity of it in public traffic.

Fair enough. But what about the virtual self drive capabilities, no one else has that yet. At least not as successful.

>Worth buying a Model S for the auto pilot feature
If driving is just a chore to you and you can afford it sure, why not? It makes no difference to me.

Not really a chore, I love driving, but when you have to drive 7 hours in one day for several days, it sounds kind of nice to take a break.
Besides, I've heard that the Model S is fun as hell to drive. Might not handle too great, but it's style is addictive.

Driving in traffic IS a chore. No matter how much you love "dryveeg"

Those tuning designers are not the brightest

Cadillac already has this technology and pretty much all other luxury companies do. And the Tesla will not make it "city to city"

Sure they have versions of it, but none as developed or polished.
Usually major cities have superchargers, so it's not a very big concern.

Tesla itself can't be a bad choice with or without the auto pilot feature. On the other hand if that's the reason you want the car you should know that the autopilot is not perfect at all.
It is reading the road marks and the road signs, and if it doesn't you might find yourself driving with 60 in a road limited to 40.
But then again, investing in this great car can't be a mistake, fuck all the lambos and ferrari's, you're the real playa for not paying for fuel.

what costs you really should be thinking about is if it's worth the added spoiling of future generations

not really, almost everyone has adaptive cruise but tesla's system is quite a bit more capable
just don't be an idiot, only use it on the highway or relatively high speed roads with clear lane markings

It's not completely self driving it still needs you to hold its hand every once in a while when it gets confused

>unpluggedperformance

>literally has to plug it in to make it go

turbo diesel v8 swapped model s when

>Millennial

That's why getting a Tesla doesn't make sense in the least bit if you are getting it for the autopilot.

With 200 mile range a trip that would take 5.5 hours ends up being 8 hours long. Why the fuck would you bother with that when you get buy a semi autonomous luxury gas guzzler with the same features?

You must be fucking crazy to put that much faith in the auto guidance computer. There is a reason why we still have conductors that run "on rail" trains for example.

The tesla will not make a 7 hour road trip without at least one, maybe two, depending on your driving, hour long charging sessions.

If budget is not your concern, then feel free to do so. If it is, then wait until the Model 3 is released. Test drive it and judge it yourself.

>damn the gas tank is bad on my car
>time to get a new car