Why do artists and graphic designers laugh and act like fucking ignorant morons when you say that modified cars can be...

Why do artists and graphic designers laugh and act like fucking ignorant morons when you say that modified cars can be considered art and design?

FFS this really pisses me off.

Maybe they enjoy the idea of a drawing pad or tech pen over the idea of grease and sweat.
Not in agreement, just trying to understand those more limited.

Yep, I don't understand it either.

Often people who can draw will draw the car they are trying to create on paper first.

Modified cars aren't meant to transmit a message, they're merely made to be more decorative. Saying modified cars are art is like saying hand blenders are art.

Misinformed, very misinformed you are.

Even Pablo Picasso said art doesn't always have to have a message or deep meaning.

"Everyone wants to understand art. Why not try to understand the song of a bird? Why does one love the night, flowers, everything around one, without trying to understand them? But in the case of a painting people have to understand. If only they would realize above all that an artist works of necessity, that he himself is only a trifling bit of the world, and that no more importance should be attached to him than to plenty of other things which please us in the world, though we can't explain them. People who try to explain pictures are usually barking up the wrong tree."

- Picasso

For example a Zokusha car is modified to show rebellion.

Lowriders were originally a thing about mexican pride. Mexican cars used to sit low because they were often filled with lots of family members.. They made having low cars something they were proud of instead of ashamed of.

Modified cars often have a message or culture behind them.

I thought that it's because "art can't have any purpose other than itself"

poop from bumhole

Which is bullshit when they then proceed to try and interpret what the artist is expressing.

Yeah.

Art serves no other purpose than to be art a car serves other purposes ao a car can not be art

Where do people get these stupid ideas about art?

They certainly don't read it in a book.

because """"artists"""" and """"graphic designers"""" tend to be elitist pricks who think that their useless college degrees give them the power to define art.

Graphic design is not as useless as an art degree. Not the best degree but not useless...

Kinda sucks to study for 2 or 3 years to earn the salary of a security guard.

Because cars have an utilitarian purpose, and art doesn't.

Who are you to say what art isn't?

Filtered

I'm not saying what is or isn't. It's just the canonical definition of art.

I bet you think videogames can be art too. Loser.

Video games are definitely an art but I don't waste my life playing shit like that.

Crappy art but still art non the less.

Kill you're are self.

That's not true.

Have you not heard of the bauhaus school of art? They brought art and design and functionality together after ww1 before being shut down in by the nazis due to all the jews that worked their amongst other reasons.

>not useless
>spending several years and thousands of dollars to get a job that pays what a person with a GED makes

architecture

now fuck off

Bauhaus is depressingly sober and has had a devastating influence on following architectural trends. The value of decoration has been completely forgotten and residential areas are littered with utter eyesore "modern" houses.

You could say the same thing about school teachers and mechanics and even spray painters though.

Modern and post modern houses can look very interesting..

It's just that most people don't have the creative nack to make them look nice.. You have to make up for the lack of decoration in the architecture on a modern house with art work and interesting furniture.

That is what people over look.

Also modernism helped the germane economy get back on its feet after the first world war.

Jesus i was cringing reading all these opinions.

This should have ended it.

Op don't get so upset about idiots.