youtube.com/watch?v=NFWRaS_L8Js
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_(vehicle)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>VAG wagon
and nothing of value was lost

Skoda actually take the time to make the parts non-shit

Skoda is literally Audis VWs VW

They don't.
VAG is still better than anything designed or built in the usa.

>burnouts
>not available in the US
youtube.com/watch?v=rnCxSXoEcmE

FUUUUCK that looks nice.

Americans wouldn't buy it. The 200 series was a failure there because it was "too expensive" compared to whatever jeep or dodge shit they'd rather buy instead. Their loss.

Burnouts are meant to be stationary by definiton. That's cool but they're not burnouts.

>Burnouts are meant to be stationary by the definition I choose
Cool story bro.
youtube.com/watch?v=GyzFhUSIpaQ

Someone on my road has the non-wagon one in that colour and it's fucking great
I'm pretty sure it's the vRS one too

>a burnout is the practice of keeping a vehicle stationary and spinning its wheels, causing the tires to heat up and smoke due to friction.

>citing an unfounded Wikipedia quote
top lel. Keep riding that brake sweetie.

Burnouts started in drag racing to heat up drag slicks. Part of that is keeping the car stationary as best you can. Again, I'm not dissing Australian skidz in any way, just saying that they're not burnouts.

You say that but Audis, Volkswagens and Skodas are actually made in the very same plant. There is no difference between the cars other than the external appearance.

>just saying that they're not burnouts.
Keep reading the same article. It soon comes to contradict what you're saying.
youtube.com/watch?v=-mB8Fj-ZO2Q

I bet you'd be wanking your dick off if it was some shitty mazda or toyota
>i hate vw
oh wow you're so innovative and really into cars,sick miata mate,how's that 80hp kickin?

Another video of a vehicle doing donuts. I get why Australians do it that way, it saves the tarmac, but burnouts are inherently stationary.

Don't feed the troll.

Spawned from. Not inherently. The very article you're clinging to disproves your theory.
youtube.com/watch?v=NFWRaS_L8Js

What article?

only amerifats with their absolutely rubbish domestic manufacturers can spill so much shit on one of the best daily beater makers in the world.cheap,reliable,relatively good spec'd and sturdy - whats wrong?suddenly fans of dodge (lol chrysler reliability) and even chevy start this rage on VAG's.jealous? Whole Europe is commuting with vag's while the unrelibility you always like to mention is never heard of here and build quality is miles better than anything amerifats have ever built.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_(vehicle)
>Burnouts eventually became a serious form of competition and entertainment in their own right. Considerable prize money or goods are sometimes involved, and cars may even be sponsored or purpose-built specifically as "burnout cars". Burnout contests are judged on crowd response, with style and attitude therefore being important factors. Such contests are particularly popular in Australia.
>implying burnouts are not burnouts

>There is no difference between the cars other than the external appearance.

lol go test drive a Skoda a VW and an Audi. Even you won't be able to delude yourself into still thinking you're right.

4th gen VWs are plagued with electrical problems, especially the Mexican-built ones. I knew a guy who was hugely into European cars, his advice was to walk away if the VIN didn't start with a W. That's the gist of the stigma.

Bring dich um Brudi. Ist mir egal, ob das ein Köder ist, oder nicht.

I'm not seeing how that proves your point. Burnout competions are a thing, yes. Australians seem to have forgotten the difference between donuts and burnouts though.

>burtOUT its a flashy way to leave a stop sign

>spinning the tyres and skidding all over the place
>donuts

Do you know what shape a donut[sic] is pham?

>Mexican-built

Well yeah, we don't get counterfeit VAGs in yurop

It was the best term I could think of to describe it other than perhaps ripping skidz.
That's peeling out.

BURN - to heat to the point of combustion or smoking

OUT - to go outwards/away from

ITT:
butthurt non-American with no outlet general

Toyota SUVs actually sell fairly well here just FYI

Lots of american SUVs aren't exactly cheap either

I clicked for the Ute and stayed for the Bea... Hell naw brah, I stayed for the Ute.

lolno

parts are exactly the same in 99% of cases between vw skoda seat and audi.

And at least here in Europe the Octavia vRS is a sweet deal right now. Fast enough, cheap enough, and more than acceptable quality for a DD for a couple years till the new model gets out.

Hey schmuck, I work on these cars for a living. They're exactly the fucking same cars underneath the different clothes. That's gullibility for you and a sprinkle of marketing.

Same parts, same assembly, same engineering. Only different body panels and different interiors and in that case, even some of the trim is shared.

Octavia liftback > jetta?

Octavia is cheaper and roomier, so yes, Octavia > Jetta.

Haha this is a perfect example of skoda fanboyism. Or actually VAG fanboyism, they are made of literally the same parts and people think they are getting something else by having a different badge on the steering wheel.

What a fucking joke. Seat people think they have some fiery Spanish devil machine whilie it's just a rebodied Golf that looks like a Skoda.

not really

I was about to comment until I saw your name.

>Australians even shitposting in video format.

gj britain

Have you ever worked as a used car salesman? Do you know what all of them think of Volkswagens?

>E L E C T R I C A L N I G H T M A R E

Seriously every used golf, no matter if it's 5 or 10 years old, CEL. Or ABS light. Always a light on.

It's funny cause it applies to Audis too, they come in with a light, new or old.

>Have you ever worked as a used car salesman? Do you know what all of them think of Volkswagens?
They think they're the greatest European cars to roam the roads and want you to buy it. No sane salesman would mention it flaws, after all it's Audi.

Keep driving your pseudo-off-road shit, ameritard.

VW - bumpy, creaky, rattling, noisy ride. Windows/doors don't seal completely, get whistling noises at high speeds. Car feels like it's going to fall apart over 120.

Audi - smooth, quiet, calm, relaxing ride. Zero road/wind noise. Feels solid and tight. 160 mph feels like 80 in the VW.

Those are my experiences anyway. But you change oil for a living so im sure you'd have a brand new Audi in your driveway right now if you thought it was worth it.

You're one fucking idiot, that is certain.

1/10 troll

Would not bait.

Skoda is a good souless car. The value is hard to beat, but me being youroop I will never buy one for myself because bland as fuck.

Let us guess.

You'll buy an Audi. Because somehow it has a soul, despite being made with the same parts than a Skoda.

lel

Why has my dad's 20 year old Passat never thrown a CEL? Is there something wrong with it?

Sure buddy. Tell me more about how you're an Audi expert because you change oil on them.

who let the audi shitposters in

>autistic morons cant stop barfing their vw is an audi trash every single time a vag product is brought up even though theyve never owned either car
>im the shitposter
good one matey

yeah, i dunno dude.

audis aren't that great either.

owned a B6 S4, had less than 50k miles on it and it was an absolute maintenance whore.

not to mention the electrical problems i constantly had with the rear taillights, and the sticky/peeling plastics on the rear sunshade button and window buttons.

it sure drove nice as hell, but quattro is fucking boring and useless if it doesnt snow where you live, and you don't track the car. especially out of fear of having it eat shit because of how fragile the damn thing was.

newer audis aren't as fragile, but they're still boring, or maybe i'm just too childish and want a car that's more fun to hoon around with.

>and useless if it doesnt snow where you live, and you don't track the car. especially out of fear of having it eat shit because of how fragile the damn thing was.

kinda fucked that up

Unless it snows where you live, or you track the car every weekend. Which i didnt, out of fear of having it break. something always went wrong with the damn car, despite driving like a grandma.

last repair was the stupid oil filter housing seal.
had to take intake and everything off to replace that little shit.

fuck that car.

>dur hur i bet u liek mazda or toyota or sum shit lol
Nice strawman, dummy

How do you fucking VW fans get so goddamn stupid that you literally start hallucinating entire paragraphs of words people didn't say when they tell you they don't like your piece of overrated german trash?

If you want a half, no, quarter-way decent german car why not go buy a BMW or even better a Mercedes?

>VAG is still better than anything designed or built in the usa.
Nah. VAG is chrysler-tier.

I'm pretty sure the actual drivetrains have always been fairly solid. It's just that everything around it always breaks.

planned obsolescence

3 gen. 2.0 TSI/ 2.0 TFSI is shit or not?

1) yes, when buying used cars you will often incur maintenance costs. especially when youre buying performance models with giant v8s stuffed into little awd cars. audi did fuck up with the timing system on those motors, but every single used car worth owning that youre buying on a budget will give you issues. cheaper, simpler, slower cars have less things to break, so naturally a car like an S4 is going to have more issues than, say, a ford focus.

2) quattro is absolutely the #1 reason to buy an audi. without it i agree, they're not worth the price or maintenance costs. if you dont need it and dont care, buy a vw and enjoy your fwd and money in the bank. if you live in new england like i do its a godsend. also i enjoy being able to launch my car to 1.7 60' times without so much as a squeak out of the tires.

the tfsi really nice if you avoid the early models which can have oil consumption issues. a few cars have this motor, but only the audis get the valvelift system which gives you a noticeable bump in the upper-rpm range. in 5th and 6th you can feel it kick in around 4k, feels like you just downshifted. overall its a fantastic motor, the ea888 won an award for best engineering when it came out. a few bolt ons will get you into the 12s easy and still drive like a dd and give you 0 issues.

>a4
>sedans
fuck.

i dont have kids to drop off at soccer practice so i have no need for a station wagon. plus the s4s are too slow for me.

lol sorry that came off as snarky. i was just trying to be funny. thats a sweet s4 man, wish they sold those in the states. i could never bring myself to own a wagon but i get a little excited every time i see a clean one on the street.

Burnouts here are generally more reserved and serve a purpose. The guys that spend the money to build blown alcohol dragsters use them to drag race, not just hammer the throttle in front of a crowd and spit molten rubber everywhere (including every nook and cranny of the car).

Aussie burnouts are cool, but it's like comparing drifting to real motor racing.

>tfw this is like the 5th time they've said they will stop producing the defender yet they're still pumping them out

yeah gj JLR marketing team bunch of bellends