AUSSIE MUSCLE (ford vs holden)

I want to join in with the aussie v8 crowd, because it looks like so much fun and i like how there's a side to pick and have brothers...but i'm coming from driving imports and being new to driving a ford or a holden i know nothing.

>Don't know what side to pick
>Don't know how possible it is to get them handling good, if i'm wrong they seem like quite heavy cars, but i've never really gotten to go ham with one, so i dunno.
>What kind of experinces have you cunts had in your ute/xr6/8/hsv

Would really appreciate if we could just get a thread going to discuss as much as possible and i can glean information from it.

Cheers CUNTS

pic related, i like this one looks wise

Other urls found in this thread:

caradvice.com.au/332085/ford-falcon-xr6-turbo-ute-v-holden-ute-ss-v-redline-comparison-review/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

holden is shit

you are only like 40 years too late
ford and holden quit making cars in aus. what's the point. driverless cars soon anyway.

American here but can give a little input.

Ford prefers technology in their engines. They have overhead cams, have more rev range, mods are typically more expensive. Chevy still uses push rod engines. Larger displacement, more low end torque.

Handling will probably never compare to your imports but I think Australia is much closer than what we have in handling. The Pontiac G8 was known as a poor man's M3. Only Chevy imports an occasional Holden car so I'd pic the Ford mainly because it's like a 4 door mustang.

thanks mate, the fords look good but i dunno what the holdens have, i'm not familiar with what they make

I like the Chevy SS but I do wish the Falcon was available in the States.

There's the Monaro, Caprice which is more of a landbarge, and whichever the Pontiac g8 and Chevy SS is based off of. The Caprice and G8 has a 6 liter V8 that makes 350hp but loads of torque. It's a truck engine, you'd be better off finding a Holden that has a LS2 or LS3 in it.

There's a red SS in my area with all the Chevy badges swapped for Holden ones.

I'm a Ford boy, and I really want an XR8, but I can't bring myself to buy one because they handle like arse, and I'm more concerned about having fun in the corners than going fast in a straight line.

And that's my 2c.

The G8 and SS were based off the Commodore SS
And yes, bogans do swap the badges to Chevvy ones.

Ford is better because it isn't gm shit

>liking the looks of the second worst looking falcon ever

Are you vision impaired or something

Holden if you're 100% bogan, Ford if you're only 20% bogan

>tfw saw one two of these at a cruise 3 days ago
based australia

To be honest, I'd happily take an SS Commodore for high powered corner carving, be it a sedan, ute or wagon.
You're right, the Falcon equivalents do handle like arse, and don't get me started on their ox cart utes.

That looks like it's been photoshopped into the picture.

considering i was there i know it wasn't, but okay then

for bonus obscurity points.

That lighting looks strange as fuck, and the size just doesn't feel right

I used to have a VY2 SS commodore (LS1) and once I lowered it on ultra lows, new shocks and the camber kit to make it all work it handled really well. Like people would drive it and say "shit that handles really well." It went pretty good too. Personally I would go with the holden, only because they have LS engines that are cheap and easy to make power with and have a huge aftermarket. Fuck that alloytec shit though don't get a v6 one

FG XR6 Turbo owner here.
Whatever you pick (SS, XR6T or XR8), they are a decent fun car in a straight line.
In the corners the Falcons are a bit boat like but they still handle alright (Can't really speak for the Commodores, only really driven the missus VE SV6 a couple of times and that was all around the city).
Good tyres, and a few suspension mods can go a decent way with them but you still have 1800kg of boat under you. I haven't really driven anything else to compare it to however.
Interior tech is pretty basic too.

Try and pick up a lowish km unmolested secondhand one if possible.

I'd steer clear of the XR6 though. Yeah they are relatively quick, but there really isn't much you can do with them if you want more power. I know guys slap turbos into them but more often than not it ends up costing them more than what a XR6 Turbo would be.

Does the new xr8 handle well? I would be buying the latest one, not an old one.

If not i might go with a commo, cause i can't have it being completely unable to take the corners after having so much fun on the corners.

Surely there's a well handling aussie V8?

XR6 Turbo is the one to have, OP.

its the magic of photography lighting, user

the xr8 is better on a flat track due to stiffere suspension, but the ss is better on the street, especially rolling corners

But woulden't aftermarket suspension fix that?

Woulden't the xr6 be better (not cheaper) for maximum performance once you're done?

No because the xr6t has a better bottom end to begin with

Just buy a VN SS, weld the diff and cut hoops all day to be a real aussie legend.

>tfw when I will never buy a Maloo and impress the sheilas doing fully hectic skids on my way to work

Why never?

Older 5.7 v8 VT's and VX's are cheap as fuck but also not as fast as a stock i6turbo barra

Its really up to you get what you like.

Personally if i was you i'd get both if i had the money.

XR6Turbo is the one to get

XR8 is shit

6.0l LS2 is the one to get but expensive.

in fords defence.

the sport ute for both companies are completely different.

in one corner of the arena you have holdens sport ute which is also fucking useless at being a ute, you might think it looks cool but at the end of the day i've only seen a handful being used as utes, most are just overpriced motorcycle trailers

and then in the other corner you have an actual ute with a sport car strapped to the front. it looks like shit but the fact you can actually have the best of both worlds will appeal to some tradies. does it look like shit? they both look like shit but the falcon ute is extra extra shit.

You do realise the SS ute with its sedan rear end has a greater payload capacity than the of cart rear end in the XR6t/XR8? Literally no redeeming factors for Ford's muscle ute. Except maybe if you want to do standstills on the nightclub strip.

>Ford claims the Falcon has just 453 kilograms of tray payload capacity, and while Holden doesn’t specifically quote a payload capacity, if both front occupants weigh 75 kilograms, it should have a permissible load capacity of 527kg.

That's for an FG-X XR6 Turbo vs a VF SSV. While I think 75kg is far short in terms of average weight of a typical SS ute owner, you'd still have to have a pair of occupant over 112kg before the SS payload becomes wanting compared to Ford's overpowered horse carriage.

caradvice.com.au/332085/ford-falcon-xr6-turbo-ute-v-holden-ute-ss-v-redline-comparison-review/

i've actually been in a trade and the flat bed is way more useful. not only that some tradies don't have that much weight in gear, they just have a lot of gear.

just admit it, the falcon ute is way more usable for a tradie which is why i see more of them being used as work cars

holden a shit, get a xr6t, not a v8 but better than all the v8s

>Chevy
Get the fuck out cunt

Also if you're getting a 6 you're basically choosing between a V or a I platform.

>4 door family sedan

"""""""""""""""""muscle""""""""""""""""

Has it been dropped on its ass with chrome rims on the front and stocks on the back

>he can't into muscle sedans
How's your 2-door Hyundai coupè treating you?

Don't settle for Ford and holdens shit.
We could have had a torana or some shit now but no, we need more curvy sedans.

I for one welcome the American muscle and holden and ford Aus can gtfo

I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR

To be fair Aus Holden was being jewed by GM. They wanted to give us that sick twin turbo V6 "Torana" but GM forced the Cruze on us.

At least they're making the last bogan chariots memorable.

they'll probably make muscle illegal soon anyway, you'll need a gun licence to own a v8 and written permission every time you buy a car

Why do you need a high capcity assault V8? 6 gears is too much, you only need a 3 speed automatic driverless car.

Why do you need to go over 150km/h? All cars made after this date will have electronic speed limiters

does Dodge/Mopar not exist?

Just as Chrysler. And all they sell here is the 300C. They used to sell Crossfires and PT Cruisers at some point too.

It's odd that they don't do more here. The Charger and Challenger would sell like hotcakes.

You'd fuckin LOVE the Hellcats

Fords are better in my opinion. You can interchange all sorts of shit (interior, panels, mechanicals etc) with newer & older models. I've got a BA Wagon with an older spec boot that has a keyhole on it, acts as a latch since the newer wagons didnt have one. Other people have AU wagons with BA&BF fronts on them. The engines also share alot of shit too.

Best car coming thru

Holden cunt

There's a reason they're going out of business in Australia.

[spoiler] Because they're trash [/spoiler]

XR6T version of the ute has no payload capacity due to the suspension and wheels, my dad tried to get a xr6T with xr6 one tonne suspension and wheels but they said it would have no warrenty.

Standard XR6 ute with the heavy duty suspension is a great ute for work.

BUMP FOR FUCKING AUSSIE PRIDE

fag detected, aussie cars are best

If it's a V8 it has to be Holden.

Although the Barra I6 fucking annihilates everything.

I own a camaro in Australia, at it literally has less chevy badges on it than some cunts holden ute.

kys

My first car was a VR. I love how light it is, but it has no grunt. I have a VY now but it feels fat.
My dad owns a VE SSV Ute, it's fucking fun as fuck. But that's the most powerful car that I've been in, so it might not be as amazing for others.

Recently I've been looking at the XR6T, I really want one. What year was best for them? Should I aim for the newer 2015-2016 look, or one of the older 2014 and lower look?

>my dad tried to get a xr6T with xr6 one tonne suspension and wheels but they said it would have no warrenty
Wow so it's possible