What's wrong with scooters?

What's wrong with scooters?

Outside of the USA, nothing

They are small, cheap, and have great fuel economy and are a very popular mode of transportation in Europe & Asia.

But in the USA if you ride one you will be called a faggot and gay.

>They're like fucking a fat chick XD

never understood the hate for scooters

seems useful, especially in the city where driving a full sized vehicle can be a pain in the ass and all the stop & go traffic can drink your fuel

beside safety and wind chill, nothing really. they'll tell you scooters are gay because of personal issues

Winter.

Everything a scooter can do, a motorcycle can do better

storage?
fuel economy?
compact enough to fit in my apartment building's elevator/corner of my living room?

0/10

hey scooterfriends

what size engine would you recommend for a college faggot whose commute is approximately 3 miles on a road with a 45 mph speed limit?

would a 50cc be too small?

i was thinking either a 50cc honda ruckus or 125cc yamaha zuma.

You're on the right track with the Zuma, buy mine it cruises at 50.

Scooters make your dick bigger.

Any more pictures of how attached those ammo cans? I'd like to do something similarly.

what happened to the guy who made weekly /scoot/ threads? i miss those.

I exceeded the number of letters in a post, so it's easier to say what's right with them.

Nothing, unless you live in a city like London.

I live in London and use mine on a daily basis. As long as you're not a complete retard it is faster than taking the tube or getting stuck in traffic.

Also vespas are shite

t. Lambretta

DO YOU EVEN SIMSON

THANK YOU BASED ERICH HONECKER

Best scooter

be nice if you didn't need an endorsement for over 50cc. they require tags now too. Cant ride in wintertime unless you like being cold and wet. the stigma associated with them..

They don't highway as well as motorcycles due to the shorter wheels base and generally smaller engine. Apart from that scooter are decent sets of wheels. My first vehicle was a Chinese scooter i bought from new. Over 8,000km with out an issue before i sold it.

The old style vespa was the first two wheeled vehicle i was interested in.

>Second semester of university, finish uni around 3pm on a friday then id go cruise around the near by suburbs till 6-7 o'clock until i got a message. "Drinking tonight?" then it was time to head back get some drinks and have a great night out in town. That was 3 years ago now.
Take me back user

50cc is fine.

Tunturi 60 from Finland.

2 slow 4 live 100 miles from work
all the inconvenience of a motorcycle but no luggage 4u

people don't like scooters because they can't be ridden in winter? doesn't that concern all motorcycles?

In Australia some states will let you ride

I just rewatched the Top Gear Vietnam special and now I'm thinking of getting a 50cc scooter. No real reason as I already have a car that gets good gas mileage, I just think a scooter would be fun to putt around in when the weather's nice. And my license already allows me to ride 50cc or less so there's no additional test to worry about.

How bad of an idea is this? Any recommendations for a cheap 50cc scooter?

Nothing.
They're the fastest commuting vehicle in cities.

enjoy driving on the highway in the wet, or anywhere in the wet for that matter

>What's wrong with scooters?

FIRST reason:
They are not effective on our roadways which have high speeds and various lumpy sections. A scooter needs to come up to speed fast from a stop light or the cars behind you will be annoyed. That means 35MPH or typically faster as people drive 5MPH beyond the posted limit almost everywhere.

SECOND reason:
If pulling onto a roadway from a store driveway or a stop sign, your scooter must have huge acceleration. Otherwise oncoming cars will hit you due to their approaching speed. There is no such thing as a long time for you to pull out into traffic. Some sections of the city can only be practically reached by freeway due to mountains, water/river/canal, constructed obstructions. Thus, your scooter has to be able to enter a freeway and drive at freeway speed or else it will never be able to get to other parts of the city.

THIRD reason:
Almost ZERO people using them in my entire metro area AND suburb area. That means there is very little scooter servicing industry to support them which in turns means parts are not stocked. You are thus held captive for servicing at high prices.

FOURTH reason:
Even if the first three reasons didn't exist, sooner or later, there will be sociopaths or psychopaths or drunks that deliberately move their car next to you and deliberately shove you off the road. Or a truck gets in front of you and hits its brakes so that you crunch into them. People are like that. They enjoy seeing others in pain especially teenagers around here.

>ihavenofuckingideawhatimtalkingabout.jpg

cushion/loom clamps you get an assorted box at HF for a like dollar

chatting out of my ass: the post

An efficient small bike gets comparable fuel economy to my scooter because it has EFI and doesn't have to be rung within an inch of its life on the fastest streets.

Scooters launch hard and accelerate up to close to their top speed quickly.

Otherwise maybe you should stop living in a depressed backwater semi-rural redneck town.