Brakes General

My brakes are shit. After about 20 minutes of running the touge I pretty much just have to stop driving as they stop working. I get out and have to let them cool down and they are visibly smoking.

Is this normal?

>muh touge

stop watching initial d so much

yes, its completely normal, i sometimes carry buckets of water on the back seat to cool my brakes off faster, 1 bucket for each wheel

Easiest way is a quick spray of WD40 before you leave, makes sure they won't heat up. If you're dedicated you can take your rotors and pads off and let them soak in WD40 overnight.

the only good fix is vented rotors / bigger rotors

don't forget to slot out the pads as well to dissipate the heat faster.
The closer the slots, the better.

Jesus christ guys let's not kill him

Anyway, yeah it's normal you need better brake pads and rotors, you will need better brake fluid to keep with that too and possibly steel brake lines. Unless you're car is the sport or track variant that's what you can expect. Don't overheat the rotors are they will crack

maybe you should get a less pigfat car

Stop being so hard on your car when its clearly not designed for it.
Either beef up the brake system or knock that shit off.

>running the touge

>Is this normal?

only for little shits that watched tokyo drift one too many times

What car?
Original brakes?
Condition of the brakes?
How old is the fluid?

you need them drilled and slotted pads mate. personally I do em for 100 a set front and rear PayPal me

Hey guys my coolant is leaking from this little hose that goes to nowhere. I keep filling my coolant up to the very top and it keeps coming out wtf!

>tokyo drift
>not Initial D

So im working on a 1966 ford f250 and The entire brake system is so foobar im going to have to replace ALL of it.
Since I have to buy a new everthing anyways, should I just convert it to disk brakes?

Yes

Yes yes and yes there is no measurable performance or maintenance benefit to keeping the drums

Know the best place to order a conversion kit?

Nigger what

Depends on wheel size. If running original 14's the drums will bite harder than any disc that can fit under there. There is a reason trucks still run drums.

No joke; he "transitioned"

Weebbit is over there fgt.

Your brakes are fine. You are just a shitscared moron that is too pussy to carry speed in a corner.