>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Read this:

Webms with sound
>>/wsg/brokenlink

Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_XCmKJADZ6g
youtube.com/watch?v=NABQsUj5Ks8
destinationcycle.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=1575509&p=1&vc=sport&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My gopro arrives tomorrow.

Excitement levels 7.5/10

Changed the trans fluid on the ADVan today. What are you up to /dbt/?

first for tfw no bike and still can't decide

Been thinking of getting a GoPro. What sort of roads do the popular motovloggers ride? American "twisties" with huge lanes and slight heading changes or proper twisties with narrow lanes and big bushes either side?

Just crash into the side of a truck and claim it was the wind. Thats good enough to get you 100K+ views in a few days and 1000+ subscribers.

Reminder there are people that pay large sums of money for high end lightweight helmets then strap a fucking camera to them.

>American "twisties"
youtube.com/watch?v=_XCmKJADZ6g

youtube.com/watch?v=NABQsUj5Ks8

fuck off you soppy eurocunt. go study your quran

daily reminder that honda a shit

>tfw feels

> didn't even managed to be first
life truly goes downhill again

Look how huge those lanes are you fucking pussy

nth for /newbike/

Kawasaki four? Maybe ZZR? Newer?

>huge lanes
>more opportunity to actually choose a line and be an actual good rider
it's like you actually don't know how to ride and are bitter as fuck that people don't have to ride shitty little bumfuck islamoville roads.

Should I start with a cb500f or a cbr 250?

pics of whoever wears the slut helmet

What should I offer the stealership for this?
destinationcycle.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=1575509&p=1&vc=sport&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

why follow so stupidly close?

>easier
>makes you better
>being this much of an American stereotype
Didn't I see a video of you driving into a truck on one of your "twisties", Jamal?

>Can't daily a dually pickup because his lanes are too narrow

its a ninja 250, nobike

>dually pickup on the twisties
Americans

in the second video those guys are all AMA racers, with slicks on the street. the first video i don't know who they are but their technique seems pretty whatever.
please attempt to quantify exactly what it is about narrow lanes that makes you a better motorcyclist. this should be good.

Why does it redline at 14 if it's a lowly Ninjette?

>slut helmet
h-how is my helmet a slut helmet if I'm not a slut

01 ninja 250

You should get GPX/GPZ rear fairings, they have the indicators built in. Looks much better.

>AMA
sorry, AFM, not AMA. i still manage to get them mixed up sometimes

>daily
Continue being upset about your 8 foot wide lanes

>what is it about tight turns and less margin for error that makes a course harder?
t. nascar fan

wouldn't that be expensive? my rear stuff works fine

>i actually don't know what i'm talking about so i'm just gonna do a cheeky meme arrow t. post and call it a day
ladies and gentlemen, i bring you: EUROPE.

Oh that rear light cluster is cool. I take it back.

What is it about Americans and declaring victory then losing really hard? Are you George W. Bush?

>what is it about tight turns
wide lanes can't have tight turns?
>less margin for error
that makes it more DANGEROUS, not intrinsically harder.

please, if you want to make an actual point i can demolish that too.

>demolish
Is this the most exercise you've done this week?

thanks user, I kind of like blocky designs like that. riding along listening to neo-80s electro is p comfy on that thing

This, line choice is pretty great

>get into argument
>lose it
>better attack the person stating it and pretend they're going to give the slightest fraction of a fuck
kek, no.

My friends call my similar bike an "80s Tron bike" as they are Philistines.

>swearing and pretending others are the ones mad
So American

i see you've completely abandoned any attempt to continue having a discussion based on anything of merit. bye now

>About to do an oil change on my bike
>Go for a quick ride on some backroads to warm the motor up
>Not going full sonic, just cruising around
>Passing by a big horse pasture
>Mirrin them scenics
>I'm about two car lengths behind a lexus ls400
>It randomly slows down to 20 mph
>No turn offs ahead or anything, just right in the middle of a straight road through a field
>They wave me on real quick then give me the finger
>"Well fuck you too bitch"
>Drop down a gear, give a handful of throttle, and play them the song of my people as I pass
>I'm pissed now because she decided to be a cunt for no reason
>Start hauling ass and passing traffic
>They start passing traffic over the double yellow and catch up to me at a light
>They pull up fast right on my ass and a man hangs his head out the window
>I throw my hand up like what the fuck
>He yells "I got a baby in the backseat asshole" and starts cussing me out
>Light turns green and I get on a busy road and ditch them in the traffic

Anyone else get their daily dose of crazy?

Enjoy your gentle curves, slowbike

>I got a baby in backseat
>drives dangerous to catch up to some random stranger to tell them this

the fuck is wrong with people

Gonna replace sparkplugs tomorrow. Will make sure its clean so no dirt falls in, use a feeler gauge to check the spacing and will torque correctly. Anything else to look out for? Definitely have the right plugs

Did he want to give you the baby?

That's your cue to flip off the back seats then wheelie 360 degrees and ride away

No I guess he was mad that I made loud noises near his baby after his wife flipped me off, so they sped and passed over the double yellow so they could curse at me in front of their kid.

>no one must know my plate, just like the fact that i am a virgin

Nah, sounds like you passed up a free baby, m8.

>Free
>Baby

Pick one. Those little fuckers are expensive.

>h-how is my helmet a slut helmet if I'm not a slut
pink

Americans

>two car lengths
not enough bra you almost killed their babby

So I think I'm going to get a skid plate and some TKC80's for my JF-09. How bad of an idea is this?

I'm considering my options for tomorrow's ride.

Should I go check out the gear store 3h from my house?
or the camping store 1h from my house?

or should I try to pick up a prostitute somewhere?

But Veeky Forums is l33t haxorz

Frame sliders.

Good idea or bad idea?

why not all 3?

>be carfag
>be into animu
>remember seing some bikefag related taiwanese tapestry
>it gets an anime adaptation
>watch ep 1
>honda-chan is a slut

welp now i know what bikes to avoid if i want one

Great Idea. They can save you thousands of dollars in new parts. Why would that be bad?

Fuck dude there's only so much time in a day

I got my Shogun sliders for ~$50. Haven't tested em yet but I did knock over my CBR600 once before I sold it. It was in the parking lot and the sliders prevented any damage. If I didnt have sliders I probably would have scarped the fairings and maybe cracked the tail as the tail was aftermarket fiberglass

Do you guys even worship your bikes?

We knew Sef's name and now he's dead. You do the math.

>two flat tyres
I think you don't either

More pics and info of motorized bicycle.

Because instead of repairing fairings and replacing pegs and engine covers, you could have a bent frame instead.

Still looking for a bike...

>3 hours to bike store
>1 hour to shop
>3 hours back
>1 hour to camping store
>1 hour to shop
>1 hour back
>12.7 seconds with hooker
>???

10 hours and 13 seconds. And that's a pretty liberal estimate. you have enough time.

Sadly I'm bound to roads.

Sometimes it depends on the bike and fairings. It's been known that sliders actually crack the frame during a drop or fall, but that's pretty rare. I prefer engine bars rather than sliders, they evenly distribute the weight so that some 400-500lbs of bike isn't focused on 1 point on the frame.

i dont ride those things anymore. but yeah i gotta give em some more love.
>80cc
>2 stoke
>one speed
>start pedaling drop the clutch and you are going.
they are for sale btw
houston area

So i just found out my engine is not a 60° V2, but a 90
>can i now call it an L twin?
>is there any difference between an L2 and a 90V?

so, just got back from a shakedown in my car. I was following a guy on ducati and came to a red light. I left 1 1/2 - 2 car lengths between us, then he waved his hand for me to come forward and when I didn't he started shaking his head, putting his hands on his hips. I laughed and then he started shaking his head even more. I have a small car, so he should have been able to see around me. Also I like to maintain a margin for error at stoplights, especially for motorcycles. Why did this guy get so mad at me? Can you be parked too far away at a stop light?

just call it a v twin like normal people do

>move forward at stop lights

because some bikes cant trigger the magnets or sensors on the ground at stoplights

Is an L twin just a ducati thing?
>my bike is italian anyway, so close enough

it's like Honda's vtec. other cars have variable valve timing but its good for marketing.

Literally just had to deal with this
Idiot in a red alfa waited 4 good minutes until he realised i was not trying to kill him

but why get so ass mad over that? When he stops at red lights and no cars are behind him does he just sit there enraged for a week waiting for someone to show up?

Ltwin is just a rotated Vtwin.

yeah, if there's a camera. you get pretty used to scanning for traffic cameras in intersections on a bike. and yes, it can get pretty fucking annoying. also try tripping parking lot sensors on a motorcycle. i have to do a 3 point turn to get my bike literally sideways in the lane to even be able to get the gate open. then i have to move forward and do it again to get the little plastic fucker to raise.

Just gun through the red light, that's what I do if nobody is around (plus KY law makes it legal if you've been sitting for 2 cycles or 2 minutes). But most likely it was the middle of the day so you can't really do that when cars are coming and going. I had an issue like that where the light wouldn't turn green because nobody was coming from the other way and the guy behind me wouldn't pull onto the plate. I had to get off my bike and tell the guy to pull on the plate so the light could change. It amazes me that you dummies don't understand what that plate does, it should click when people point at the stupid thing.

>mfw parking lots in my area have short barriers so you can just ride past them

when i rode a sportbike i could just slip right through it. i have saddlebags now though so i have to do the dance. it's pretty shitty, but it just becomes a part of your day like anything else after a while.

I just read it has to do with the way the whole engine is orientated
Yeah, just got it
>tfw engine is 30° from the ground
>i don't qualify for special snowflake status
I just skip the bar, mostly because the only parking lot like that is the hospital one and i'm chums with ER

Hey DBT, what are your thoughts on disk locks? The one I'm looking at is a Bully Lil Bully, no alarm just a lock.

Also I'm thinking of getting a medium thickness length of chain or cable and using that plus a padlock to chain my riding jacket and helmet to the bike when I have to leave it for a bit. Thoughts?

sounds like something that comes with the territory when riding a motorcycle in urban areas...I guess you could call it a first world problem. I was just concerned I was putting him in danger or something, which would been a legitimate reason for him getting upset.

he might have just been having a bad day. some people have anger issues too, i guess. sometimes if you're having a really bad day, the smallest thing can send you over the edge. i kind of doubt he was angry as you think he was though.

>you dummies

why do you have to have an "us vs. them" mentality. Can't you inform without having to insult? I bet there are things that you don't know about my hobbies that I do, but I'm not going to call you a dummy because you don't.

exactly its just a marketing gimmick other than engine orientation there aint much difference.

VTEC isn't just variable valve timing and no other manufacturer has VTEC or a VTEC knockoff on a production car.

>i have saddlebags now
get rid of them

but how will people know you're a badass rider when you're not wearing your jacket?

can you elaborate user?

Got one with an alarm
>not to stop anyone, but to male me award something's wrong
Used to have a chain, but someone almost managed to cut through it
A guy here got his helmet shat into
I only leave it in populated areas

Daily reminder that Harley a best

>but how will people know you're a badass rider when you're not wearing your jacket?
I'll be wearing my badass riding pants! But honestly my current textile jacket is heavy, even more so with a bladder and wetted liner. I'm too much of a lazy ass to carry it around in a story.

this, more or less. i personally never had to be aware that the sensors even existed before i started riding a bike. most people just don't have any reason to be aware of the fact that bikes don't tend to trip traffic sensors.
>get rid of them
but they're incredibly useful for everything else. i keep my rain gear in one and the other keeps my laptop dry and off my back when i'm riding. splitting isn't even really that bad once you get the feel for how wide you are, although you obviously can't get into spots as tight as you could otherwise. i have bar extenders on my bike so i have at least a nominally better awareness of where i can fit.