How do you make an automatic fun?

I recently got a 1991 hardtop base non turbo automatic Mr2. He owed me 2k but gave me this instead. I like the car, but it's not a manual. How can I make this car more fun without being able to swap the tranny?

That's about it

Give it back and get the money lol. That's like £1k of car in absolutely perfect condition, probably £300 in the condition I imagine it's in.

alternatively he could make his friend pay for the tranny swap

He gave me the car because he cannot get the money. I noticed you're using the euro currency symbol. I'm located in the US so your approximate pricing doesn't apply to me. The car is mechanically sound and has no rust

My friend has no money at all. To pay a shop to swap the tranny would cost another 2k

Fair enough. Automatic SW20s are basically ready for the scrapyard here. No future losers drive them cause they're cheaper than econoboxes.

*British Pound

got news for you. car aren't that fun.

What do those come with, the 3sfe? You may be able to swap for the g head and add a turbo later. The fun of a manual comes from the control. If you pay close enough attention to the shifting conditions for your transmission you can drive it faster without it doing horseshit like downshifting mid corner and fucking over your balance.

You could do some suspension upgrades in anticipation of an engine swap. Getting your hands dirty is the best way to build confidence to tackle bigger jobs. Maby you could talk your friend into helping with a swap at a future date as part exchange.

5S-FE if it isn't 3S-GE I think there's more differences than the heads.

i'd just sell it

Just swap a manual in there, you gonna live with a shitty automatic sports car?

If it were me, I'd wait and save all the money you wanted to spend on it. Then swap a manual transmission in. It will be the most enjoyable thing you coul do for that car.You would increase its desire(and value) if you wanted to sell it.

You could do power and suspension later. That swap will make you love the car twice as much.

I aquired an auto miata for a great deal, saved and spent $400 swapping it over to manual. Best thing I ever did to the car.

Just my 2 cents.

>driving auto mr2 on a mountain pass
>maintenance throttle through a corner
>autobox decides to upshift
>snap oversteer
>die

>snap oversteer
>with 5s-fe power levels
oh boy

>manual valve body
>line lock
>ratchet shifter
>remove every interior bit that isn't nessary to pass inspection
>single purple racing stripe going from door to door instead of hood to ass

>euro currency symbol.
>american education

get rid of it, its a very shitty car the handling is really shit. they're dangerous cars because of the shitty handling and design, just shit. avoid.

mr2's have 3s-ge or 3s-gte i thought?

he got you

I corrected it. It's also irrelevant to the question I asked

yank ones have the 2.2

if the body is good you have one option
tear everything out
put everything from a turbo car in

then also mod it