/evog/ - Evolve General

Space Mongolian Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/609494389803921586

Canon Stories:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-hunter-stories-canon-latest-story-kalas-story/25399

Old

First for novels when, I'd read some shit about the characters better laid out histories and interactions and whatever.

Why is blitz considered top tier?

That beam is impossible to maintain now with the range nerf.

Why is Hankypank so based?

He's still generally better than most alternatives is probably one thing.

>try to have fun as monster
>bioshock guy prevents fun
>never dies
>kills me in 15 seconds
"balanced"

When it comes to having good, viable characters

Monster > Assault > Trapper > Support >>>>>>>>>>> Medic

Early reminder that if you're not a dirtfarmer and/or ditch digger and don't like the prospect of grinding some to try whoever, G2A and plenty of other keysites sell some shit that's labelled like 'Stage 2 founder's key' which'll give you the vast majority of characters, then enough keys to get all the rest as well barring like 1-2. Some of the keys also may or may not come with behemoth? I've heard mixed on that but I bought the thing I mentioned above and got him with it so who knows. Also they're like $10 at most when I last looked.

who is bioshock guy

This game is depressing to be addicted to desu.

I bought a key soon after stage 2 release. That is now turning out to be a mistake because the game is dying. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying a key anymore.

Anyone else try stacking damage reduction as a monster? I faced this vanilla Goliath who I thought was new but he ended up destroying us. My flamethrower hit for 27 and ticked for less, he seemed indestructible. I'd wanna try this on Behemoth too but lmao can't because he sucks and is permalocked

I put on some good music, grab my gamepad and lie in bed comfy as fuck

>tfw want superior lethal force perk
>tfw hate playing hyde
>tfw he's 22 and higher than all my other assaults

what do i do bros

What music my man

who else but guy in suit that insta kills monster

Been running full damage perks on bioshock

Anything better to boost my cancer rating to match monsters?

yeah kill yourself for playing bioshock man of overpowered damage

>lennox is cancer

Hello monster, how are your periodical massacres of 1 weak link teams going?

non existent because nobody ever dies
to test this im doing ranked and trying to kill someone
the weakest link
the guy who shields people cus he cant sheild himself
annnnnd it costs all my armor and hp to get 1 kill

I want to play behemoth lads
how do I go about doing this

you mean bioshock guy*

where do i go for a bot that queues ranked as monster and just tries to kill everything

buy a founders key or wait forever for TRS to actually fix him

This isn't a guarantee, I bought a key and didn't get him.

You need not a simple founder's key but pre-order with DLCs.

These are rare nowadays.

>Hunter Tier 3 is sub-par
3 should be average, honestly.
Also why is Slim bad?

if u buy me a key ur technically donating to autism awareness

Well thanks to your post I'm already aware you're autistic so I don't think I need any more autism awareness in my life

fucking savage

Excuse me but where did my hp go?

Anyone losing a LOT more as hunter now?

My best guess is an orbital barrage from Hank that's glitched and has invisible missiles.

lol git gud

It was tech sgt hank so i would've seen it, and i met a cabot yesterday that was hitting one bar/shot.

That would be a hacker my friend

Unfortunately, many f2p games are rife with the scum

it was a hacker. there are a few of them running around. report him. there's a thread up on the official forums detailing how to do so.

>few

more like 200 and the amount isn't going down

not that it matters since the game is dying anyway

Sunny needs to be moved up depending on how well you play with the booster your team can generally mow down the monster in stage 1.

sunny got significantly nerfed

I been winning most of my games as Laz but I usually get class ability reduction just so I can spam my heal faster and his sniper works well with any good burst hunters to take down monsters fast. I do wish they fix his gimmick though.

>Seemingly idling in mid 10k+ peaks
>Multiple thousand concurrent whenever
>9k currently on as of 38 minutes ago
>Also with the catch to both numbers that steam trackers can't count private profiles so likely at least another chunk more

Like I've paid more than a cheapo tenbux for games that do well with about a thousand concurrent on average, this shit's fine.

>Behemoth that low

But why, like I've won a good chunk of games with him granting that it was usually trickier, mandatory 'not even just against retards' too.

>Cabot
>Not good

That's wrong though, unless this is like the solo queue experience tier list, he just requires a more pointed team comp which is unfortunately something you're not gonna get except rarely with unorganized shitters.

It's a gamble, some of them get him and others don't. Me and some people from another forum picked up a few and most of us actually got behemoth with them. Maybe it was dumb luck of some foreign sellers all in a row not knowing what they had, but from anecdotal evidence they don't feel all that incredibly rare.

It's a hacker.
This is how hunters have a high win ratio when most pubs are retarded glue sniffers and are supper easy to win against and what the devs are balancing for.
They don't actually look at who did what damage and how.
They just look at the win rates, or high damage done and nerf accordingly.

The tier list ignores potential team comps and judges characters on their own. He's not bad, but I wouldn't call him good either. You can do a lot with Markov and Cabot coordinating their shit, but any decent monster will just immediately focus Cabot because he ain't got shit worth of defense.

Behemoth is so rare, people you've won against simply might have not known what he can do. It is also much easier to win with Monster. As long as there's one clueless hunter, you have a decent chance of winning by focusing on him.

Slim's can provide an average amount of healing only when he's shooting the monster 24/7, and the monster is ignoring him. His spore launcher is useless, the healing bug is destroyed by 1 hit of ANYTHING, even wildlife, it's completely useless in combat.

That sucks about Slim, he's slick as hell. Buff would be nice, so he's worth playing

>jackal
>excellent

WEW

p-pls senpai...
i cannot work i tried i had jobs before but cannot hold them
all my money goes towards my medical marijuana so i dont kill myself or go into blind rage

Not even f2p can save TRS

>pls buy me key i spent all of my money on weed

no
hunters have high win ratio because they're op
the hackers are too few to skew stats

>winning is hard with monster vs pubs

... i did tho
i need too... its for my autism and tourretes, im also on sertaline but that does pretty much fucking nothing and doctor wants me to keep upping my dosage so i enjoy stomach cramps and nausea for hours after i take it.
she insists its supposed to help the insomnia, but it doesnt, it made it worse
sometimes i hear another voice because of the meds and it says mean things
i just want to enjoy myself like any other person senpai, im constantly stressed out and have habits of self harm, both for pleasure and as tics from my conditions. throw a bone

>bioshock man free week
>rogue val free week

good news everyone!
im posting with this trip until i get a key

boohoo, shitters get to play decent hunters for a change. Barely helps pubs

Hardest dome fight CC from all the trappers, but also the hardest to play. Cock blocking monsters and making them waste several traversals for nothing is pretty insane.

>decent
dont you mean horrendously broken?

You're unemployed and obviously have a lot of free time on your hands. Either grind keys or think of some work that can earn you the measly $10 for a key. Oh, and don't forget to kill yourself you degenerate tripfag shit stain.

no

why would u say that

how come whenever i try to play evolve today it just lags me offline

Because it's correct?

dumb anime poster

n-no it isnt ;-;

Does Daisy ever, ever find the monster? I swear i've snuck right past Daisy before as Monster even when it was within smell range.

Behemoth's sound design is so satisfying, get in that ball and just go coasting down paths like a murderous bowling ball.

>after Laz rotation

>it's finally over

a question for you, a bit of a "personal" shit to discuss as it ain't based on science

so
i got a gtx650ti 2gb and a 500w power supply
to your understanding on how nvidia shit works
should i buy a single 4gb shit or another gtx?
right now i can play anything with medium-high except this unoptimized shit

>should i buy a single 4gb shit or another gtx?
what single 4gb shit? What other gtx?

another 650gtxti
or
a sapphire r7
switching may be a pain in the ass at first but meh

Jet regen or jet efficiency?

no sane person would ever buy a 650ti in 2016. I don't know if your plan was to SLI it with your current card, but it's not worth it. SLI doesn't add up memory, and in general not every game runs well with 2 cards.
Buy a current gen card or at most (a used) one from the last gen if you find a nice deal.

efficiency.

Why?

changing from nvidia to sapphire won't make me lose weeks, right?

nah, you just have to clear your current nvidia drivers and install AMD ones. Takes 5 minutes of time.
And check benchmarks of cards with about the same price and choose the one that's better

Get a 480 or 1060.

Acid and Poison with Rogue Val. Yay or nay?

that's a shitload of money buddy, will have to wait till next month for that

because efficiency can be stacked better and has synergy with the only superior perk rocketlord or whatever it's called which adds efficiency, recharge, and jump height.

no it only procs on her main rifle, you're better off with ability cooldown if you have no defensive support or health regen if you have a defensive support.

But don't you spend the same amount on a dash?

maybe i'll have to wait till christmas for 700€
unless this general isn't generous

yeah but vertical "dodging" is really useful too

you dash to dodge something, you can use efficiency to put yourself in a position where you don't need to dodge. full efficiency is a massive difference over regular, not to mention that if you use it to fly above the monster, he has to look straight up to see you. this means he loses sight on everyone else, and if he tries to traversal upwards to get you, he'll get harpooned if you have a griffin or he'll get repulsor'd from a jack.

Do grounder perks work with kraken?

Yes, his ranged melee applies poison and grounder perks

>ranged melee

>ranged melee

TRS needs to lay off the god damn crack

according to game code, it is literally a ranged melee attack. It's a projectile that inherits physical melee attributes and as such, works with all melee modifiers.

>Those people who complain about un-meta picks but pick shit even worse
>Those people who play like garbage yet still talk shit like they know things
>Those people who leave the game after their first knockdown because "fkn medic ur all shit'

Glad this game going f2p did wonders on the community.

What's the best monster perk out of the 3 new ones? The bronze one? The gold one is nice but other gold perks are just too good to miss