Tell me about used luxury cars

Tell me about used luxury cars.

Are they worth it?

I'm looking at used MKZs, 5 series and E classes, even jaguar xfs all in the same price range

I'd rather have a used luxury car than a new econobox for the same price

1. higher insurance costs
2. higher maintenance and repair costs
3. most luxury cars only take 91 or higher gas and have low mpg

you decide if its worth it

Imagine the price difference between a new econobox and a new luxury car. Now keep in mind that shop bills for luxury cars will scale the same way even when they become used and cheaper to purchase.

Get an American luxury car. Usually cheaper and more versatile to get fixed if you go through dealerships.

Also some still have warranties on them when buy them used.

Plus the added benefit of driving something you are proud of instead of settling.

sure its much cooler to drive around in a german luxury car and people will looks at you more and youll have an easier time getting pussy...but the price tag isnt all

A 20k 2013 used bmw will cost MUCH more in maintenance than a brand new civic

HOWEVER, i think its still worth it since money comes and goes anyway and the feeling of driving a luxury car is much better than a shitbox honda

I drive a 328i 2010 bmw convertible btw

being proud of driving an american piece of shit

Like this?

My only choices are Lincolns and caddie cts's

>buying the small engine
pleb.

>528i
>Luxury
Yeah, no.

Forgot pic whoops

Not everyone is a boy racer you know

>Doesn't understand a true luxury car has the capability of leaving plebs behind in acceleration before cruising at small plane speeds
A 1.8L is not luxurious.

A 4000 pound car needs more than 240hp dontcha think?

>A 20k 2013 used bmw will cost MUCH more in maintenance than a brand new civic
Except it's still under warranty... moot point.

F10s are shitty cars anyways so why are we even discussing this?

I ain't the pleb calling a gutless shitty modern BMW a luxury car, uleh.

If OP had've came asking us about a glorious master race E38 with the V12, this would be a very different thread.

First of all the 528 is a 3 litre straight six, secondly only plebshit morons care about racing other motorists. Real luxury is smooth acceleration and simply not caring about numbers and speed.

>smooth acceleration
Smooth doesn't need to be slow.
>not caring about speed
Spoken like somebody who really doesn't believe time is money.

Absolutely not, unless you're referring to anemic American boat anchor V6s from the 90s. Power delivery is completely different nowadays.

Late model XFs are fine if you get the V6 or the 5.0 but avoid the 4.2. Some repair jobs are not doable at home because of specialty software or dealer only parts so keep that in mind. I've had 4.2 XKs and they are fun and quick but that engine is a time bomb. Currently drive an 06 X Type and repair costs are only slightly higher than a Ford Contour barring the PTU for the AWD. If you are willing to maintain and repair it yourself, go for it. I'm looking to upgrade to an XFR late this year or early next year dependent on common wear part availability at that time and prices will always drop on luxury cars. Just avoid Mercedes and most Audis like the plague.

Surely time matters to people who are currently browsing Veeky Forums arguing about the potentially imaginary car purchase of a stranger, you little cunt.

Ignoring the posts in this thread, don't go buy a F30 3 series; it's incredibly shitty to drive compared to the previous generation (E90). The interior and exterior alike are also disgusting now

>I ain't the pleb calling a gutless shitty modern BMW a luxury car, uleh.
Let's not go overboard, F10 is definitely a luxury car. But yes it is gutless. Steering is dreadful too.

All BMWs have free maintance that follows the car for the first 4 years or 50k miles. The free maintance covers wiper blades, brake pads, rotors, and oil changes.

Tell me about used jags, are they reliable?

The newer ones are. They have their own specific problems, but their reliability has went up.

If you can afford it yeah go for it

ask on ford forum since they are mondeos with bodykit and leather

what

xj's are mondeos really

I'd place the new ones above anything german except maybe BMW, they're on par with BMW, specific problems like that guy said above but not audi/merc tier where everything seems to fail
I think he wants something newer than that

They devalue like crazy. Wouldn't bother buying one unless you plan on never selling it.

Almost everything devalues

Yes, but not at the rate that some of these luxury cars do.

Well I live in America and I want to get something that IS available here and not only in Europe

These cars are already devauled as fuck

The BMW in the OP? 50k 3 years ago

The only luxury brand that retains their value somewhat OK are Lincoln's

If you can change oxygen sensors, a fuel pump, a shock, or something little like that then get the jag. They're super comfy and have great engines. They also get a lot more looks than bmws since they're a bit uncommon.

If you like a quick car that will go to 300,000 miles get the bmw. They're tough as nails but the interiors and comfyness will never match the jags.

MKZ has the same feel of a Fusion and is built on the same platform too. It weirdly feels so similar to drive. It just feels like a body kit on a Ford Fusion.