Ways to Increase Power

Hey Veeky Forums, I just recently acquired a 99 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL. I've decided I find the engine power lacking. I know this is a newfaggish question, but what are some ways to increase the horsepower of a car? So far I know of turbo/supercharging and cold air intake intake swaps. What would Veeky Forums do to make a car put out more power?

Pic sort of related, it's not my car but a car if the same make and model.

Other urls found in this thread:

3si.org/forum/f58/n-upgrade-bible-85924/
reddit.com/r/cars/comments/4i5m34/what_was_the_most_unreliable_car_you_have_owned/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A friend of mine had a 91 stealth for a while.

For those cars, a big thing is weight reduction, so loose anything you don't need and maybe consider deleting some 'active' systems to lighten up. Active areo, suspension, exhaust if it has it.

For power, high flow intake filter, high flow injectors and a tune, exhaust. Underdrive pulleys. The motors on those are pretty stout, the thing you have to be careful with is the transmission, so be careful with that.

look at 3si.org

3si.org/forum/f58/n-upgrade-bible-85924/

Sage goes in all fields.

get a short-throw dipstick

Thanks, I'll definitely look at weight reduction. I just want my car to get up and go quicker.

>bought 3000gt
>not the vr4
WEW

keep it stock and maintain it well as daily driver, save up a bit for a clean VR4 for weekends and shit

don't worry about power

You'll be too busy trying to keep it running

>already fucked up and bought a 3000gt
>tells him to get another one
LAD

Veeky Forums is pretty dumb, these NA 3000gt's can be great daily drivers only downside is it's FWD, the VR4's are a pain in the ass and problematic

Fucking faggots
Why don't you actually look into real performance upgrades instead of some shitty bolt ons
It's called fucking pull the motor bore and stroke it raise the cr buy some new heads if you really want to, swap the cam and you will actually have a decent engine not some pos tired stock engine with a fuck load of bolt on snake oil crap
Read Fuckers learn how to actually build an engine

If that's what it takes it what it takes but dollar for dollar building an engine will always yield better results
Just don't buy a shit engine that do sent have any potential

Dollar for dollar forced induction will always beat out 'building an engine'
If you think otherwise you're a stupid fuck

>thinking building an engine doesnt include that
Do what you want NA or FI
But if you just throw any forced induction on NA stock engine you are a stupid fuck

Turbo counts as a 'bolt on' :^)
and what's wrong with slapping a pair of turbos onto a bone stock vortec? Even a shitty little 1.6 miata engine makes 250hp from a turbo without being opened

>wanting to drive a literal grenade
You are taking a risk pointing minimal boost on a NA engine when if you were to tear it apart and rebuild it you could put tons of boost and not have to worry about having it grenade

OP here, so it seems like turbocharging is out of the question for a stock engine? How likely is it for my engine to explode or whatever after turbocharging?

>buy not ONE bad car but TWO bad cars

You should find this thread entertaining OP

reddit.com/r/cars/comments/4i5m34/what_was_the_most_unreliable_car_you_have_owned/

Look it up and see you could maybe put a couple pounds on it stock but I don't have any real knowledge of that engine it could take 5psi on stock or it could explode of you connect a hair dryer to it you might have to lower the compression, also depends on what the pistons are made out of, and the connecting rods they could be okay for it but you gotta do some research no reason to drop all that cash and time on a turbo if your only going to get 50hp on stock internals

trash it

>>not the vr4
This OP you fucked up.

Sell your car,
Buy a VR4

even for Veeky Forums this is shit advice

OP again, I suppose I should have mentioned this sooner but I'm a poorfag and the only reason I have this car is because it was given to me by a friend. I am willing to put $1500-2000 over time to increase the power because that's all I can afford to spend on it right now.

thats a good way to stay poor you fucking retard

Gotta agree. If you didn't even buy it just hold on to that money for repairs.