Civic coupe

Good daily drivers?

Go FA5. It's the Veeky Forumsfficial car for a reason. Coupe is barely lighter and less useful.

Civic sedans look like shit tho, too much faggy chrome and overall disproportional looking with awful wheel gaps

Shitty modern car design, sohc engine until recently

Tf are you talked about. Also it's implied you slam your civic. Second I drove mine home from the dealer I chopped the springs.

I wouldnt slam it. I'd leave it stock suspension, 16 inch, swap the stock wheels for last gen 16 inch just like in the pic. I'd rather have good ride comfort and better mileage for a daily driver. Still deciding between manual and cvt since I hear Civic manuals are excellent

I think 8th gen EX wheels are clean.

Depends on what you mean by good. They are very reliable. Driving "feel" is ok, as long as you view it in the context of other cheap entry-level cars.

tl;dr: "Good daily" - definitely. As long as by daily, you mean commuting.

>Mazdaspeed 6
>Comfy, but quick touring car
Most of the time, my passengers don't even feel my shifts.

>daily driver
>posts a high strung turbocharged performance car with a glass AWD system

Enjoy that slow laggy touch screen infotainment screen with no volume knob

You mean the new one? It uses Android Auto and Apple Careplay wich are both fast as fuck
And it has a volume wheel on the steering instead of buttons

>heard civic manuals are excellent
can confirm own 9th gen 5 speed

I dd an 08 Ex-l with a 5speed manual, It's a pretty decent little car and I haven't had trouble fitting anything it in yet.

I still don't get why usa didn't have the superior euro design for the civic

Ugly af senpai

Honda generally makes great manuals

I've got an '05 EX Coupe (special edition)

I daily drive it in Houston, and for a while, I was driving from College Station to Houston every single day in it.

So far, I've had some pretty big repairs, but the car is over a decade old and was missing some maintenance items like the timing belt.

Solid manual trans, I may be due for a clutch replacement.

Pic related.

There are much better cars in this category/price bracket.

For fucks sake it uses a SOHC inline 4.

>Buying a poverty spec with an R series and not a K series

Then name better alternatives that match its reliability

I know you won't respond since you're a shitposter but I'll wait here.

I bet you think pushrods are bad too

A 5k civic is just as good as a newer one. They're both boring appliances. Get something interesting or gtfo.

>Buy something that I'll validate as acceptable or gtfo

Yes like I care what some stranger on a Serbian woodcrafting board thinks

Mazda 3.
Toyota Corolla.
Ford Focus.
Nissan Sentra.

Civic isnt really more reliable than any of those.

Not really, the point of pushrods is that its cheap for the performance.

A SOHC Civic isnt any cheape than its superior DOHC competitors.

>rust
>boring
>shit
>boring shit

Because normies will be able to tell the difference on their daily commute

Who cares really.

But its just stupid to buy an inferior product because of a so called reliability reputation that may or may not exist.

rip Dead

But it does exist you mong

Idiot

/rektttttt

Somenes proud their first loan out of highschool with insane interest rate was approved

My manual 9th gen with TL wheels

Suspension setup?

Civics are made to be daily drivers. Its one of the best shitboxes out there.

Kek if you thing DD that is hard please leave Veeky Forums

>mazdaspeed 6
>performance car

lel

>shifting gears manually in the current year

>toyota's only flaw being boring
I guess Toyota is best car yet again
Thanks for your vote, user

Why get a boring, reliable Toyota when you can get a less boring and just as reliable Honda?

Corolla interiors are utter garbage as well, a 2013 felt like it came straight out of 2003

I DD a Boxster and still think the Speed6 is a terrible car to drive every day

Last guy I saw that was trying to get rid of his straight up put in his ad that he's selling it because of how much of a piece of shit it is

Maybe it is a piece of shit, but the post was implying its some car thats hard to DD for being some high performance car.

Pic related are my DDs when it isnt winter.

I figured the "glass AWD" comment was enough to hint that it's a piece of shit

best

My SRT4 is a pretty fun daily.
So please buy it from me.

>a 2013 felt like it came straight out of 2003

That's exactly what makes their interiors good, faggot. New car interiors are generally awful.

Are you a senior citizen?

Meanwhile the 2015s look like modern cars but are still using horrendously cheap materials

Seriously, a Mazda 3 felt more higher end than the new Corolla

>interior fags are the worst.

You spend most of your time with your car sitting inside it, of course the interior is important you retard

Why do you care about materials? Are you constantly touching the dashboard like some autist? It has padding where your arms rest, knobs feel good and instrumentation is clear and legible.

You can complain all you want but the Corolla literally outsells the Mazda 3 10:1

Sure, but

>engineering
>performance
>mpgs
>reliability
>exterior styling

Are all more important

I know I'm a little late, but I haven't had any issues with my 2013 coupe. It makes a great DD and the 6 speed transmission shifts like butter.

Pic related, my 2013 Si Coupe.

People are idiots, that's no surprise

But why the fuck would I pay all that money to get plastic molded to look like leather stitching when I can get actual stitching for the same price?

That is literally autism. You're in a fucking compact car and you'd pay more just for "le real stitching". Probably the most cringe post I've seen all day.

>b-b-but muh stitching

Yeah and the Corollas competitors match and can beat it in all those categories

>same price
>somehow pay more
Nice reading comprehension

I can't believe [people on Veeky Forums are actually defending a fucking Corolla when there are so many better options out there for the same price in the same market segment

Except they aren't better in the long run. A Corollas goal in life is to provide comfortable, fuel efficient and long lasting reliable transportation. Its also the roomiest in its class. None of its competitors cam claim to be as fuel efficient, easy to work on, AND as reliable.

Oh and they hold their value better than anything in its class.

>he thinks im talking about the corolla

I was calling out you fags for crying about interiors in general.

>I can't believe [people on Veeky Forums are actually defending a fucking Corolla when there are so many better options out there for the same price in the same market segment

>he fell for the 'mazdas are the fwd BMWs' meme

Jesus tap dancing Christ you sound like a Toyota salesman

I was thinking Civic but okay there bud, whatever helps you sleep at night

Walk into any Toyota dealership and compare it with any Mazda or Nissan dealership. The cars sell themselves, those places are always busy. You walk into a Mazda dealership and the salesman will practically suck your dick to sell his stock

*vomits internally*

I already compared the Corolla to the Civic and Mazda 3 at an auto show, it's really lacking. But sadly people exist in this world who would only buy Toyotas without doing any cross shopping

Funny enough at the auto show the only people at the Toyota section were seniors

You can't blame those people, Toyotas are generally trouble free and overall good cars mechanically speaking. Super easy to work on too.

It'd be a different story if people kept buying shitty cars like Ford or Chrysler without cross shopping

>implying Toyota shoppers work on their own cars

I just hate brand loyalty in general

OEM suspension + a bigger rear sway bar and better tires