Languages spoken with the front part of the mouth

Is there a specific term or categorization for that? For example english is usually spoken with the tongue and the teeth, but arabic involves much more throat action.

Also what other languages use interesting ways of to make sounds?

I know that there is the click language

Look up ingressive plosives

Chinese. Especially the Wu dialect, it makes some very interesting sounds I've never heard in any other language.

t. native Wu Chinese speaker.

Isn't that a distinct language rather than a dialect as such?

No, it's not a distinct language. It has the same grammar and shares a huge part of it's vocabulary with other Chinese dialects such as Mandarin, Min and Yue.

The major difference which makes people think it's a different language is pronunciation of sounds and differences in tones.

Wu lad.

i sucked my own dick

who is this butifel ayran woman?

labials

not kidding

How do you make those? Every time I try to pronounce a bilabial voiced implosive (supposed to be the easiest) I end up smacking my lips, and it alters the vowel sound I pronounce after it.

Who wants aryans when you can have ayrans.

Wow Veeky Forums this is some seriously nerdy linguistics shit right here.

Nice job.

Russians seem to do a lot of sounds with palate and front of mouth

Maybe this is just because I don't know how to speak "properly", but I'm fairly certain Afrikaans uses the lips a lot more than other languages. At least whenever I see a picture of myself taken when I'm in the middle of saying something my lips are always moving more than other people's do. When I watch live action Japanese things I always notice that they don't really speak by moving their lips a lot.

English and Icelandic are the only two languages, I know, to have the voiced and unvoiced dental fricatives.

Easiest way to distinguish (1) a foreigner and (2) a London chav.

arabic has them too

There are a number of places of articulation in the mouth for sounds. In English, it's true that the most used single place of articulation is the alveolar ridge, just behind the teeth. /t/, /s/, /n/, and a number of other English phonemes are called "alveolar" consonants because they are produced by using the front of the tongue to constrict air flow at the alveolar ridge. However, many sounds are produced at other places of articulation. Bilabial consonants like /p/ and /m/ are produced by restricting air flow with the lips. The labiodentals /v/ and /f/ are produced with the lower lip and upper teeth. And the dentals /θ/ and /ð/ are produced with the tongue and upper teeth. We also have velar sounds /k/, /g/, and /ŋ/, produced by restricting air flow with the back of the tongue at the velum, behind the palatal region. And we have /h/, which is glottal.

Are you turkish op?

Arabic phonology can actually vary by dialect, but the language does make use of more places of articulation than English. For instance, they have uvular consonants including /q/ and /χ/. They also have pharyngeal consonants /ʕ/ and /ħ/, which are produced by restricting air flow with the root of the tongue at the pharynx. The "glottal stop" /ʔ/, a sound produced by stopping air flow by closing the glottis, is phonemic in Arabic as well.

The sounds of Nahuatl, the language spoken by the Aztecs, are almost a subset of the sounds of English, with only a couple of exceptions. Like Arabic, Nahuatl incorporates the glottal stop as a phoneme, but Nahuatl also uses a quite rare sound, an "alveolar lateral affricate" /t͡ɬ/, which is produced by positioning the tip of the tongue on the alveolar ridge, and allowing air flow around the sides of the tongue.

Proto-Mayan had a "bilabial implosive" /ɓ/. The vast majority of sounds used in natural languages are "pulmonic," meaning they are produced by forcing air out of the mouth using the lungs. An "implosive" sound is produced by sucking air into the mouth. However, implosives aren't pulmonic, meaning the air flow is not controlled by the lungs. Instead, air flow is controlled by quickly pulling the glottis downward in the throat. Implosive sounds can be found in Jamaican Creole, in which the voiced stops /b/, /d/, and /g/ are pronounced as implosives /ɓ/, /ɗ/, and /ɠ/ when they appear at the beginnings of words.

Implosives are also called "glottalic ingressive," because the glottis is used to suck air into the mouth. There are also "glottalic egressive" sounds which are produced by using the glottis to push air out of the mouth. Such sounds can be found in a variety of languages, such as the Salishan languages of British Columbia. Lillooet, for example, has a whole series of ejective consonants, including /pʼ/, /kʼ/, and /t͡ɬʼ/.

One could say the same of the Romance languages. Spanish and Italian for instance are very similar syntactically and lexically, but they are considered different language. Same goes for the North Germanic languages like Swedish and Norwegian.

Is Wu mutually intelligible with Mandarin? By that I mean could a person who speaks Mandarin but not Wu, and a person who speaks Wu but not Mandarin, understand each other?

There's no term for a language whose phonological inventory is slightly front-of-the-mouth-heavy in place of articulation. If you wanted to use a term to refer to that, maybe you could say the language is coronal-centric, because "coronal" refers to the front part of the tongue which is used to produce such consonants.

Icelandic is very unique

ur mom involves a lot of throat action lmao

Do you think Arabs have better deepthroat game?

from what I've heard chinese languages are not mutually intelligible because even if the words are similar, the tones are still different