Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

eventhubs.com/news/2016/may/18/displaylags-fourwude-reveals-everything-you-need-know-about-street-fighter-5s-input-lag-issue/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I meet Robert_mate in casuals and ofcourse I get completely destroyed

I hate balrog so fucking much I need tips

I just get destroyed by his buttons I cant play footsies because I get hit by his giant fucking s.hp and I cant jump because of his piss easy anti air

Should I buy SFV?

no

Should've just posted it myself desu
Reposting because I'm interested in an answer:
If Xrd has 1f of lag, what happens when a frame is being rendered but not displayed and a button is pressed? Or does it not work like that?

>casuals
you mean friendlies?

Karin in beta was ugly.

Who asked you, Jim?

Casual match

He sure wasnt friendly when he teabagged me when he stunned me

$5,99

i prefer james

Get them to sell the SF IP to Dimps

When voidere asks for next on go1's setup

sf 5 eu anyone?

Japs have to turn everything into anime cuz real life scares them.

There is nothing wrong with karin in your pic.

I wasnt teabagging I just coulnt do ultra, thats why you saw so many jabs.
thats how shit I am

> sell to dimps
> get the shitfest that was SF4 all over again

No thanks. I'd rather have something braindead as New Generation with a chance of getting a new 3s down the line that deal with dimps again.

i wish everyone would just let sfv die already GG xrd is more fun, but noooo capcucks don't want to play great fighting games, they'd rather play laggy baby fighting games instead

Make a lobby

>There is nothing wrong with karin in your pic.
Nobody said it was you retard.

>ISDD goes to some irrelevent pro tour event out in spain
>gets bodied in pools

SFV sucks lmao

How do I identify target combo characters? Balrog feels like one. Is ramlethal?

Oh well I dont take it harsh anyway you would have deserved it

I think you're 6-0 on me now

By opening their command list and looking for target combos?

I'll get GG soon enough myself.

>killed a DoA thread on /v/ by asking for a match.

he got out of pools though

You could always fight me again m8. I get off of work at this time like every day.

>Ask for 98/02/XIII matches in those KoF generals /v/ has every day
>Get told to fuck off because it's a KoF XIV hype thread and not a place for getting games

Yes

lmao.

you should know by now that /v/ doesn't actually play video games, brutu

Why would you put yourself through the pain of XIII's netcode?

What do they look like lol

I'm no good at fighters or interpreting what a move does except I can read notation or simple stuff like cross ups and hit states

Tbh balrog and ramlethal are the only characters I picked up easily and my friend said to look for target combo characters

Vote Voidere for president so that you never have to deal with new threads made too early.

Your game is just as laggy in arcades.

Is that a smash joke or a "voidere thinks GO1 is a fraud" one?

It doesn't, it's 1f for the input processing and game logic, 1f for the GPU rendering and 1f for the image to appear on screen.

Now, why can't the game logic and rendering be done on the same frame? Fuck if I know, but I've not seen evidence that it's possible.
Meanwhile there's that article, the words of the guy in charge of displaylag and MikeZ's constant reminder that 3f is the best you can get.

>implying you play kof

I work nights myself. If you wanna play a bit we can. I just wanna play a game before falling asleep.

/v/ will totally play games, as long as Jupiter is in the 11 o'clock position relative to our distance from the sun.

Xrd isn't fun. Too many dumb mechanics and bandaids to fix other broken mechanics and every character is a meme except ky and ino

It's usually something like 'unique action' or other.

PC XIII isn't that bad and even if it is laggy I play Kim so it's not going to stop me from doing raw EX hangetsuzans and having 5 years to combo after.

It'll be listed as "unique combo" or something along those lines and will just be a sequence of button/directional presses you put together. Balrog has cr.mk > cr.mk, st.lk > st.mk > st.hk and can follow up his dash punches when in V-trigger with f+p/k

Post 5 seconds of me not playing KoF.

Where is the SFV lobby?

why are you lying?

>It doesn't, it's 1f for the input processing and game logic, 1f for the GPU rendering and 1f for the image to appear on screen.
Not him but I'm like 1000% sure there's no reason that this has to be the case.
What if your game runs at 0.1 fps? Surely that's more than enough time to calculate and render everything to achieve a 2f delay? Actual game logic is only timed in frames if you force it to sync like that.

wanna play 13? or pop my 2k2 cherry?

>Block Lauras v skill
>Panic
>Throw
>Proceed to get hit by it 4 times in a row

My reactions are so garbage

>except ky and ino
>and ino

3S is a terrible and repetitive game.

USF4 is the best SF game in the series.

Then why did you post a related picture and complain about Karin being ugly, you socially retarded piece of shit?

If you dont understand social cues, its time for the autism treatment.

Dog, if you're still up for a few matches lemme know soon. I might pass out otherwise.

How do you practice fightcade games? I guess I could just jump in but I wanna learn KOF02 and I don't even know what characters I want to use.

I'm actually playing some monster hunter with my friends before I go to bed, sorry man. How bout tomorrow?

I'm not

I asked that saucedeadpan guy after calling him out on his impossible to understand bullshit and he wrote a big autistic essay, pic related.

I'm away from uni so I'm on wifi til Monday and given our previous connection experience I'd rather not. I'll play you in 2k2 on Monday though.

remember to support our boy ISDD

I can play 2002/2002UM if you want

He's saying Karin used to look like shit as seen in the OP's pic, but doesn't anymore as seen in his pic
You're the autist desu

That sounds fine, we'll see about tomorrow then.

I gotta say, I really enjoy how some of the blows in this game send you clear to the other side of the stage.

Also Danger Zone best stage.

regular 2k2 on fightcade

ill be in the room in a few minutes once ive got the rom

Play other people. That's how I learned.

Spot the ino/ky player

>Get told to fuck off because it's a KoF XIV hype thread and not a place for getting games

That shit was wild. I have no idea what to do after those launches

I know command training teaches some for those super launches, but I can't remember them lol.

you're told to fuck off because you're a retarded tripfag

i bet you don't even go to arcades

i can't wait till broski and chariot get exposed in xiv

they have no kof fundies

Once KOF14 comes out 95% of those /v/ posters will disappear and the game will be dead within a week

Smash should take over the SFV slot for next years evo tbqh

Its the only relevant group in the """"FGC"""" anyways

forgot your webm

Ragequitting the moment I see a Chun Li on the screen is fine right?

voidere werent you supposed to be on leave? why didnt you kill yourself? no one likes you you ugly jew. go get beheaded.

yeah

I RQ when I see
>ryu
>mika
>nash
>chun
>necalli
>ken
>karin
>ibuki
>mika

pretty much everyone besides Zangief

can't you play footises user?

I-no has better oki than Millia lmao

I sure love footsies against inflatable car sale figure limbs and instant air footsies

I need you Akiha

Overwatch is completely trash. Why did SFV get so shit on when this trash has a tenth of the content?

Because its Blizzard

Kid, you're really trying hard to win this argument.

It's time for me to leave for work since I'm a mechanical engineer working at the top firm in my state so enjoy your hollow victory, you retarded, obsessive dunce.

>these are the diapers who say Chun is top tier

Chun is top tier

How about using the training mode?

One of the reasons OW is successful is that it makes people feel like they are good or making a good contribution to the team with the Ultimate abilities. You can play like utter shit, pop and ultimate and get an almost guaranteed kill and usually 2-4 kills. If OW did not have ultimates I genuinely think not as many people would play.

1. Blizzard
2. faux-Pixar graphics
3. market researched cast instead of legacy designs
4. team based
5. fps
6. e sports

its fun unlike shit farter 5

Chun didn't win a major so that makes her mid tier.

Characters are their own entities and carry the player instead of the opposite you know?

your're comparing dog shit to horse shit

ok, nerd

Shit you guys are right. Fuck this world. All you need to do is make it so casual that any retard will enjoy it and they'll love defending it. Not saying SFV is the ultimate hardcore game but atleast it doesn't hand out free kills like Overwatch does.

Reminder to kill yourself, you gay faggot.

this, Laura is as good as Ryu

I'll pencil it in for Wednesday.

To So I just went and played a friend with jack just with those written down and its worked out wayyy better than it has before, i threw in the ff 1+2 as well here and there.
Thanks again!
I can see where i can work in some of his other moves like b 3 2 then df 1212

but i'll try and do it all gradually. I mean i could sit and memorise his command list like i did laws but it just makes it hard to swap around i feel

From what I read, 2f IS possible, but there is probably a hardware related reason for why people stick to 3f.

"Adeel: Input lag will always exist in modern games, that's why it's important to keep the number as low as possible. On a typical 60hz display, the lowest amount of input lag you can achieve is around 2-3 frames with V-Sync enabled."
eventhubs.com/news/2016/may/18/displaylags-fourwude-reveals-everything-you-need-know-about-street-fighter-5s-input-lag-issue/

Also, the only test I know with vsync off is SFV so I can't really say much about that.

But I did, until the local one closed down.

>Why did SFV get so shit on
SFv got priased beyound heaven and back. Then the actual users got the game to play and everyone not paid off agreed this is a steaming pile of trash.

To be fair Overwatch wasn't a full price game, and its future content updates will actually be free no grinding required.

I think both SFV and Overwatch are brilliant games lol

so you care about lag, in an arcade, that doesn't exist?

you have garbage taste my man

same desu

why are people still reading, let alone replying to void posts
are you all deranged

who in sfv has an antiair you could juggle from. i saw juri had something, anyone else?