>220cc intake runners
>RHS port matched single plane intake
>comp cams valve train
>comp ultra pro magnum roller rockers 1.52 ratio
"509" factory 400 block +.060" making 413 cubes
>comp cams solid lifter cam xs282s
>lift: .52/.54 int/exh
>duration @ .050 244/252 int/exh

calm down, this IS a budget built motor, because I bought all the parts 2nd hand (except intake manifold, rings, bearings, gaskets and valve covers, & pushrods.)

does anybody have projects to contribute?

I come to Veeky Forums about once a month and everything on here is gay as fuck, then a thread with some potential comes along. You are doing the lords work op. MAKE Veeky Forums GREAT AGAIN

Btw just had a new vin plate made for the truck, about to send it to the body shop.

>be 2016
>building a SBC

Sometime this summer I plan on tearing apart the engine in my spare neon. Might end up doing a full rebuild but ive never done any serious engine work before so im not sure how its going to turn out.

If it doesn't have 1000hp, then how are you supposed to get to work? I guess you could just take up jogging, and forget cars altogether, am I right?

Just measured my exhaust lengths to figure out what I need to do a 2nd cat delete, new res, new muffler.

Not sure if i'm going to 2.5" diameter or not.

You going NA or FI on that, OP? That's built to hell and back for NA.

Spent the last two weeks (had delays due to work and thinking I broke my nose from taking a shift knob to the face and leaking blood everywhere):

Changing shifter assembly, boot, and all bushings for UUC Evo 3 SSK + DSSR linkage (including drilling out a tiny socket cap bolt that was broken and rethreading it)

Shift Selector Joint and Shift Selector Seal (was pissing ATF all over the back of my transmission)

Driveshaft Flex Joint/Guibo and Center Shaft Bearing

Broken transmission crossmember replaced with new one, transmission mounts replaced with AKG E21 320i Mounts

Front Diff Mount Bolt (original one was kinda rusty and 1-2 degrees bent)

New exhaust Hangers and had snapped off exhaust studs popped out by a shop

Tomorrow I change all the fluids and filters (fuel filter, oil filter/oil change with Rotella T6, diff with Redline 75w140, trans with Redline D4 ATF) and do the ignition coil boots (old ones were dryrotted and cracking

Next week I go and get a gaping hole in my strut tower welded up.

I have an S13, and while I've always wanted an S13 pignose coupe since I was a kid, this car has taught me a valuable lesson.

Don't buy shitty cars as a start of any project.

Also, dat get

>Miats
Need to buy engine hoist and stand, thread sealant that can deal with oil, more crush washers, trans oil seals, God Knows what else. Want to buy 15x9 6ULs and another set of RE-71s.

>Ram
Oil change. Just need pans and oil, have a filter. I ought to replace the dash and gauge/radio surround. They're literally falling apart, as they do on every Ram of its generation.

>JD mower
4.9 hours 'till first oil change/service

>DR650
Need to clean and lightly lube chain (is high-quality X-ring; doesn't need much external lube). Will swap speedos today (old Vapor's flaky as fuck, no idea of original mileage anyway). Should put barkbusters back on it at some point. Also, Givi-compatible cargo rack should go on at some point.

>V-Stronk
Only thing it needs is a bath. Could do with a chain clean/lube and order up some barkbusters. Should put lowered pegs on at some point but I'm a lazy shit.

>56 Bel Air
Finally got it back on the road a few hours ago, will probably daily it this week. At least Monday so i can bring some tools back to the shop and just take the bike the rest of the week.

>75 Stingray
Fired it up for the first time in maybe a year and a half, only after replacing the starter that came out in two pieces. Still having a starting issue though, will probably install a temporary starter switch to bypass my starting problem just to move it around again.
Still have a fuckton of work though

>68 Coronet
Picked up my new 440 a little while back from the shop. and recently got some more parts from Hotchkis. still waiting for my brakes and some more suspension stuff to get here. Also did some test fitting for some new rims.

>92 Camaro
haven't touched the LS1 yet, but i did pick up my 4L60E crossmember and torque arm. Oh, and I got the rear window tinted. Tomorrow i'm replacing the driver lower ball joint and bearings. Need to align it

>CBR954RR
did my oil change and chain lube/adjust. Chain is on it's way out though. will probably replace the stator cover when i do the chain/sprocket.

55 willys jeep

Finished lapping valve number 7 tonight. One more valve tomorrow and I can put the valve cover back on with its new gasket.

Got the new master cylinders and calipers on, but am putting off the 4 carb rebuilds.

Just installed a 3lb Timney drop in trigger in to my AR. fuc/k/ yeah

>Btw just had a new vin plate made for the truck,
What all did you have to go through for this? Any hassles with the BMV?

Cutting the springs on this here Miata

Oops furgot pic

Looks like its in better shape than mine

Cuttin them springs bruh need dat fitment.
Scrapin n vapin'

My wrx swap was out on hold for a bit due to a few bent valves. Got the heads decked and are now back from the machine shop on Friday. Just spent all day yesterday lapping the valve seats.probably going to get the valves back in today and maybe the heads back on. This week I ordered new hoses for the whole engine bay, a new clutch kit and flywheel, a new slave cyllinder, and new gaskets for the whole car.

>68 Coronet 440
Nice. Which body style is it? I've got the sedan, which I'll be working a bit on today. Trying to finish up sanding for a respray. Initial spray job didn't turn out well. Desiccant in the air system went bad.

Meh, I've owned the car for over half a year, driven it literally 3 times, and have been through 2 different motor and aspiration setups already. Finally got it running top notch on its new stock KA24DE.

nice
I stuck two lego blocks together today

I didn't know that existed. Adding it to the list of "does want." CC81PT did the carbs on formerly-his FJ1200; can't be much different from that.

>cutting springs
Why?

'77 Mustang II is getting closer to being finished. Transmission started fucking around on me, popping out of first gear, grinding when downshifting, etc. Transmisisons are beyond my level of tinkering so I sent it to my local shop who sourced the job to a transmission repair place they use. My mechanic knows I'm a really, really tight budget so he cut half of his hours out for when he pulled the transmission out and negotiated a small discount with the tranny shop. Got the bill for $2100 which was steep as hell for me. They did a total tear down and rebuild and replace the main shaft bearing or some shit. Turns out they didn't fix the problem because the mechanic installed the transmission again and the problems were still there. Drove the car down there himself and told me he was going to make sure I didn't pay a dime more than the original bill. Still pissed that they didn't fix it though. How do you miss ANYTHING during a total fucking tear down? Shouldn't these fucking people check blocking rings or synchros regardless?

Are you the dude who bored a 400 .060 over? You're playing with fire. Have fun trying to cool it down.

Just resealed the intake because it was leaking all over the place, changed the coolant to summer blend, and reset the timing.

My plans to finish repairs on my car just got put on indefinite hold after my dads car threw a rod. I guess I should be thankful I managed to get most of the major repairs done in the winter even if I froze my nuts off doing it.

Pics/info? Here's my 68 with my old 66 i sold not too long ago.

I love my b-bodies, Coronet's especially. I've had a few, but this was my first when i was 18. Almost bought a 65 yesterday, but was too slow. Looking for a 70 since my grandma was an original owner to one back in the day.

Mine is a 68 Coronet 500, 2 door no post. Originally options included:1 HP383, 727, 8 3/4 w/3.23's, bucket seat/column combo, Dark green met. w/ green vinyl top and green/white interior, it was a special order car, production date Dec 31, 1968 In St.Louis, MO.

All original equipment is gone at this point. I guess rear axle housing, but that's about it. New motor is a 71 HP440 .040 over w/match ported 906's, Manley Valves, Keith Black Pistons, Mopar performance Cam (Purple Hemi Shaft cam), All clevite bearings, TRW springs, Windage tray, highflow oil pump, Holley Ultra street avenger, Mopar performance electronic distributor and extra shit i can't remember right now. Has a fully built 727 w/stall matched to my cam. Richmond 3.55 gears (it's a street car and im looking to go with a 5-speed hence my choice in gears set. Waiting on my Wilwood brake kit, 13 1/2" Slotted and drilled w/ 6piston calipers up front, 12" slotted/drilled w/4piston rear. Qa1 uppercontrol arms, Hotchkis sway bars, torsion bars, tierod/adj. combo, Super Stock leafs, Fox Shocks and more suspension shit i cant remeber.

I also swapped the dash for a 1969 Charger dash and gauge cluster, i love the crinkle 69 bezel as compared to the 68 finned bezel, either way I blacked out the dash/bezels.

Im looking to maybe install a half cage (below window level) for a 5 point harness, interior is done for the most part though. And debating on getting a front/lip spoiler after i get my new wheels/tires.

Is methanol injection something that would help?

>popping out of...gear
Well, a bent shift fork is hard to see unless it's ridiculously bent and they almost never are that bad.
>grinding
Possibly clutch or clutch linkage related since a clutch that doesn't completely release will cause grinding
>Shouldn't these fucking people check blocking rings or synchros regardless?
Almost all trans rebuilds are merely visual inspections and only the most obviously damaged parts are replaced. That's just how the trans rebuilding industry rolls and it works. Most of the time at least.

Still, I can't help but think you got fucked since you should have been able to do a trans R&R yourself with one you'd bought for $500 or less

It just frustrates me that okay, yeah I have to spend $2100 on a repair that I might not have needed right now and that could have waited instead of spending X amount on a repair I need immediately. New clutch assembly installed like 5 months ago, too. Hopefully it's just a shifting fork.

Cont.

Just finished re-cleaning the heads after lapping. Probably going to clean them again with mineral spirits tomorrow. Still need to figure out the best way to clean the piston heads while they are still in the block and buff out a very small scratch from valve contact. Have my last final tomorrow morning so I should get to work on it around 2 pm.