I want to buy a car with pop-up headlights. Im thinking about Eclipse 1G and Celica V...

I want to buy a car with pop-up headlights. Im thinking about Eclipse 1G and Celica V. I'd normally go for 200sx but it's out of my price range. I don't want a faggish car like Miata. What would you recommend, anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L2z5VDCtZfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Supra Mkiii?

Was considering it, but I heard they are pain in the ass in terms of maintance and keeping them in a good shape costs shitload of money?

also was thinkgen of 1g eclipse :3

anyone?

1991-1996 Saturn SC2

yurop here

a bus then

C5Z And try this thing called a auto loan it allows you to spend more.

Too bad most cars with pop up headlights are too old to get a loan on.
Have you even seen a bank?

those pop ups are ugly af

FC RX-7.

You could go for an SA22C for more cool points, but SLOOOOWWWWWWWWW

import one. They're piss-cheap here in the states..
youtube.com/watch?v=L2z5VDCtZfg

Saturn could've became god-tier in shitbox manufacturing had they not been screwed over by GM executives (or so I've heard).

Imagine what they'ed be making today if they were still around today un-interupted.
>hello Honda Civc Type R competitor

3rd gen prelude or accord

Dodge Daytona, Chrysler GS Turbo, Chrysler Starion.
GTC LeBaron to some extent. Not really popups, they more like turn inwards like reverse popups.

It's totally true. Saturn was originally an experiment by previous CEO Roger Smith that was supposed to end in 1996 and the lessons learned would be applied to the rest of GM to better compete with the imports.

It didn't work out that way. When the experiment ended in 96, GM met with Saturn to discuss their future. By this time, Saturn had proved a wild success, pioneering new manufacturing processes, technologies, and sales strategies. But contempt had built up inside GM from the other brands. Saturn was special. Saturn got their own platform, their own engines, their own factory and headquarters. Saturn got to do everything by themselves with no boundaries. So when the experiment ended, GM refused to implement the lessons learned from Saturn. But Saturns had proven so popular and had such customer loyalty that GM couldn't can the brand without making a major PR fuck-up. So they slashed Saturn's development fund, crippling them.

To Survive, Saturn teamed up with Opel. Opel didn't sell in America so they didn't give 2 fucks what Saturn did in America. If Saturn wanted in on Opel's development, they were welcome to it. At the time Holden refused to touch Saturn as Holden was working on a project (eventually cancelled) with Buick.

Saturn continued releasing great cars and pissing GM off. Then in 2004, something happened. Saturn's unique contract with the UAW was up for renewal. GM jumped on this opportunity to force into the new contract that Saturn was forced to merge with GM as another division instead of a separate entity as they had been. 2004 and older cars will say "Manufactured by Saturn Corporation" while 2005+ cars will say "manufactured by General Motors"
Pic related. Saturn's last independently released car, the 2004 Ion Redline, a proper competitor to the DC5 RSX Type S and EP3 Civic Type R. It was also the last new Saturn ever released with plastic body panels.

SAABFag here, I think this story is more sad than GM not paying us back after building those SRXs.

Why do I get a feeling that you're Polish?
1st gen 323F Mazdas are pretty cheap around here but you'll probably end up facing rust problems

kek, why do I have this feeling that y're a Trump supporter?
Im German.

The next gen LeBarons have hidden headlights as well, the lights are fixed but the covers fold under into the car which is neat.

After that they gave it awful looking fixed lights, though.

I know bruh, I know.

REATTA
E
A
T
T
A

Didn't that one have the banging touch screen?

Yep. In 1988.

Hagerty will finance it. And not at 18%

3rd gen Accord.

Also since you're in Europe you can get the Aerodeck version if that's your thing.

Go with the Celica.

That car is unbreakable. And the 3SGE is one of the coolest engines out there.

the ion was always a good looking car. and the half doors were cool

On a related note, Saturn released a second performance Redline car at the same time as the Ion for no reason I can think of.

The Saturn Vue Redline. Looking back on it, it was a really cool CUV but also really pointless. There's still no Performance CUV market to this day. The biggest question to me has always been the engine. From 2002-2003, The V6 Saturn Vue's used a 54* DOHC 3.0L V6 from Opel. IIRC, 2003 was the last year Opel made the engine, so for the 2004 model year, Saturn needed a new V6. Instead of using the new Cadillac designed High Feature V6 (which is GM's V6 whore now. It's the same V6 engine used in the current Camaro), they made a deal for Honda to supply 3.5L J35A3 V6's for the Vue. In return, Honda got 1.7L Isuzu diesels for European market Civics. I still don't know why they used the J35 V6. The only thing I can think of is using it as a big fuck you to GM before GM took them over by powering a GM vehicle with an engine made by one of their biggest competitors.

I'd recommend the Bedford Rascal. A few light mods and you're away to go.