How much of a difference does an aftermarket induction kit make on a turbo car?

How much of a difference does an aftermarket induction kit make on a turbo car?
Does the fitment of an intercooler negate the need for a cold air intake?

yes

A pod filter is not a cold air intake. The intake 90% of cars have factory is a cold air intake. However, pod filters look awesome, sound awesome, and make maintenince easier cause you aren't stuck removing a whole airbox all the time.

As for your question, idk bro I do not have a turbo car.

Doesn't make a difference w/ an intercooler. The min temp of the air is the temp of the intercooler.

>The intake 90% of cars have factory is a cold air intake.

>The min temp of the air is the temp of the intercooler.

but this is true
this is not. an intercooler lowers temperatures after the forced induction. it doesnt magically disipate all heat, there is a differential that is a function of the air velocity, volume, temperature of the incoming air and the cooling capacity of the intercooler. the compressed air coming out of the forced induction system will be cooler if the intake air is cooler. hence there is less heat to disipate at the intercooler, lowering the difference between the air temp and intercooler temperature. an intercooler will not drop all throughput air to the temperature of the ambient air around the intercooler.

an after market air filter is for when the stock cannot handle it. generally you need to start looking at new injectors before you need a new intake.

>Doesn't make a difference w/ an intercooler.
yes it does
>The min temp of the air is the temp of the intercooler.
u wot m8?

>after market air filter is for when the stock cannot handle it. generally you need to start looking at new injectors before you need a new intake.

lmao generalizations
fuck off to a facebook car page please

you think it's a good idea to keep stock injectors when you're pulling even 50% more power from the stock engine?

engines are usually built with injectors that are maxed out at the top end as far as maximum reliable duty cycle is concerned so that they can get maximum fuel efficiency at the lower end.

>smaller injectors
>more precise injection volumes
>better spray pattern

>big injectors
>worse spray pattern and droplet size
>more difficult to idle due to the very small amounts of fuel that must be input at the extremely small amount of time the injector can barely meter out

>engines are usually built with injectors that are maxed out at the top end as far as maximum reliable duty cycle is concerned

>big injectors
>worse spray pattern and droplet size

just stop posting

do you even know what duty cycle means?

the injector size is determined by its flow rate at a certain pressure. the smaller the nozzle, the smaller the rated flow rate. so now you're trying to idle your shitbox with an injector that has a nozzle larger than the original, trying to meter out those tiny tiny pulses through a giant hole. this means that your low end fuel efficiency suffers because it's harder to maintain proper air fuel mixing and stochiometry. this is why people will use dual injector setups when possible.

He's not wrong, you know

>How much of a difference does an aftermarket induction kit make on a turbo car?
there's no set amount, could be a little could be a lot
>Does the fitment of an intercooler negate the need for a cold air intake?
wat? dunno why you think it might.

Depends.
Does it have the stock turbo and tune. If so you might, unlikely though, spool up a bit faster.
If everything is stock most likely all you will get is more intake noise, which can be rewarding on its own

Found the ricerfag and his Hot Air Intake.
You probably have a FRAM oil filter.

>an airbox with a duct is a cold air intake

>intakes cold air from outside
>not a cold air intake

Pod filters, stickers and steel tubing isn't exclusive to CAI.

common usage is a thing you aspie fuck

When I put this intake on it felt a little more torquey low end but not much at all, it was probably just the bad ass noises making me think that. After a tune it picked up around 10-12hp on the dyno. N54 is twin turbo

Also I found that a bigger intercooler didn't really do much in terms of power gains, but it definitely let the car run better for longer before heatsoak set in. I could run for two hours in the summer before and it would feel kind of bogged down due to how hot these motors run already but since the intercooler's been changed it feels a lot better for longer and runs a little cooler.

looks like someone took two pod filters and tossed them into the engine bay and they bounced around a bit and just kinda landed there

then you took a pic

>How much of a difference does an aftermarket induction kit make on a turbo car?
Not much, and if it doesn't draw air from the outside of the engine bay like the stock one does, you'll probably LOSE power

>like the stock one does
thats a pretty big assumption

Show me a stock turbocharged car which doesn't pull cool air from the outside of the engine bay.

Cold air goes in. Your point?

this. lotta sperglords on here confusing a high-flow filter with CAI.

dont have time to post ~80% of tarbo cars

>~80% of stock turbocharged cars pull hot air from the engine bay
You're fucking retarded. It has been standard practice for the last 20 years to pull cold air from behind the grille or inside the fender.

see

>hot air intake

no u

you dense fuck, 99% of oem turbo cars have an air box and a panel filter INSIDE the engine bay

are you implying an inter cooler can get colder than the air around it?
Are you retarded?

>It has been standard practice for the last 20 years to pull cold air from behind the grille or inside the fender.

and the air is directed into a hot as fuck box thats inside the bonnet

does it really matter with an intercooler tho?
Veeky Forums keeps giving conflicting answers

does it help an aspired engine too?

depends on what it aspires to

bmw m10 engine with solex carburetor

can someone post a pic of a car with a true factory CAI?

im actually having a tough time finding them
they all have air boxes

mustang GT500, hellcat, probably others

>bmw m10 engine

of you meant naturally aspirated

you should consider a basic level english course at your local community college

sorry. not the hellcat, this

>mustang GT500
but its in the engine bay

>standard practice for the last 20 years to pull cold air from behind the grille or inside the fender.

thats what i want to see and its what the other spergs were arguing about

there will be ducting somewhere under there

then post even 1

sorry I'm Italian

i'm sorry you're italian too

now that we have something in common and our relationship is consolidated what do you think, should it improve the engine response time or not?

Think about it

A carburetted engine with a CAI

Carburetors usually have a filter directly above them

Why would you want the air to take longer to get to the carbs

Pipes could soak heat up, air could become turbulent
If it improved anything you'd see it more on carbed engines

pls resbond ;_;

not in my case, as you can see the filter is right above but the air comes from the front and it makes two 90° curves before the carb

You realize most cars since the 90s have had an airbox that draws air from the fender or the bumper, right? By putting a pod filter on you're drawing in air from the engine bay, which is hotter. MCM tested it on the dyno and it makes literally the exact same power, and on another car it made less power.

You're dumb as fuck. The boxes normally have a tube that is directed into the fender or bumper under it. So it draws air from in the bumper, which goes into the air box, then through the tubing. By putting a pod filter on you're just drawing air from the engine bay.

I'm not sure you understand boost...

>he doesn't know the difference between cai and high-flow/pod filters

>He doesn't have a warm air intake for MPG gains

>0.19mpg average gain
could be down to different atmospheric conditions

Gained some power from the CAI on my MS6. I think it was like 7hp at the wheels. If it didn't have a noticeable effect on most cars then why would most tuners suggest it as an early upgrade?

because it's dirt cheap and any monkey can do it and feel good about themselves.

>and then they fail to maintain the filter and shit their engine up

and then that air is pulled through a circuitous as fuck air duct and baffled by a fuck huge resonator before it hits a searing hot aluminum intake manifold

he said tuners, not random idiots

>you'll lose power
>leave everything on your car stock
>[insert manufacturer here] engineer's are utter geniuses and the car comes maxed out for performance from the factory
>carforumwarrior.jpeg

honestly, it depends a lot on the application. If you do put one in, you need to be tuned, otherwise it's just for sound. Some will lose down low, for gains up top, others will be vice versa, or small gains through the power band. The most impressive intakes I've seen have generated close to 10 whp in gains with supports mods, but I would expect no more than 2-5 whp on average throughout the powerband.

Aaaah.

Back in my old days, when I was college student... I had a Suzuki GSX-R600 K7... as I left this fucked up 103 Betula Avenue student accommodation (4 jewish girls used to break into my room when am drunk asleep and rape me or suck my penis).

Once I ran away.. to a big house down 3/55 Lorimer st... I threw these mods on my bike:

1. Akrapovic exhaust.
2. k&n airfilter.
3. PowerCommander.

Damn that sound, flames throwing through the bloody exhaust. Head turning pops. Damn.

Those were the good days, where these bitches were living about 50m away from the highway "Metropolitan HWY" and I would be passing their area late at night, starting from Darebin Creek into Plenty RD exit... such an acceleration from 1st gear and maxing out 6th gear at 275 km/h...

then downshifting with rev matching. For 5 months about 10,000 people never had a single good night of sleep. They deserved it, those bitches would never let me sleep well at night, I like getting high and stoned then fall asleep, not to have bitches sucking my dick and banging me while asleep. That's rape.

That kept going, until they stalked me to study my daily riding route through "Eltham road" going through Kangaroo Grounds all the way to Christmas Hills... damn.. in a blind corner they put a Kangaroo for me to run into... I tbon it but luckily the Kangaroo was hit by my Steering "left side" which activated the steering damper.

The Kangaroo bounced back at them.. one guy lost his leg. Others are in ICU due to flying pieces of bones and flesh.

Damn... since that day am leading terrorist groups that are blowing up their homes, attacking their offices or lodges.

Sick illuminatis. But sad my army didn't -yet- start bombing Australian schools.. just phone hoax. Probably studying the authorities responds?

Fuck off Australia

Any idiot could buy a 2002-2007 Mazda 6 and get mazdaspeed badges and only people who knew a thing about them would know the difference. Why spend $200 on an intake for no benefit? Why spend the money developing one custom (in the case of many tuners such as Cobb who offer in-house hardware as well as software) if it's no gain to the car?

Wrong faggot, an intercooler is always colder than the air going through it, that's how it works

for your information: more induction noise that sounds cool but if its just a cold air induction by itself not really much that you will notice when combined with other modifications (exhaust) you will notice the power increase

> a car = all cars

Pretty much every car made after 1980 has a snorkel pulling cool air from outside of the engine bay, dipfuck

Would I be gay for fitting a cone filter just because they sound cool? Do they all sound the same?

>Why spend $200 on an intake for no benefit?

why do people buy electric superchargers on ebay? user, think before you ask dumb questions