/ovg/ - Blogging edition

HOT VERSION IS AT 7:30 PM GMT TONIGHT

Previous thread Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!moElGCqb!0Up5_UgZHmtMnv6dBQHfwKfsUXiQWiEiyZkzKsQ5HFw
isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/28445-Toban-Raceway-Park-Now-Available!?p=418100&viewfull=1#post418100
a.uguu.se/lepomp_2016_05_08_12_08_52-ses.webm
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-28-test-drive-unlimited-retrospective
igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=30504
kat.cr/test-drive-unlimited-gold-2008-repack-by-rggames-t6973288.html
youtube.com/watch?v=X1m9uH5eBcQ
dropbox.com/s/nabiik0df7s1nfq/Hot Version C1 Replays.7z?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not pic related

Thanks for the putting the time in the op. Reposting from the previous thread.

Aproximately mately 5 and a half hours until the race.
Make sure to download the carpack. It's in the thread and in the doc.
Make sure to practice with your car on the server. The tyres for each car are:

streets
Audi RS4
Jaguar SJ220
Nissan Fairlady Z scoot

Semi slicks
LanEvo
Ferrari 250
NSX
R33
Civic
Delorean
Other
SEL get's slicks but they wont help with the wonky suspension
The Volvo gets racing truck tyres but it still slides a lot, and gent will destroy the the rear wheels by hitting them in a wall
The porsche only comes with one compound

I would like for everyone to be in mumble, because there might be a chance we will do a rolling start, to avoid drama in the first corner, because we have to start before the exit. You dont have to talk if you want, jsut be there to hear me call the countdown.

>its in the thread
>doesn't just post the link again

Step it up senpai

mega.nz/#!moElGCqb!0Up5_UgZHmtMnv6dBQHfwKfsUXiQWiEiyZkzKsQ5HFw

So i am struggling a long time with PCars or Assetto Corsa. i dont really know for what game i have to go.
Requierments for me: Good career mode, Alot of cars to choose from. Must include lots of Asian cars. Drift mode with actual points counting. Community that hosts drifting lobbies. Also trackday lobbies would be great, Drag lobbie and great sounding cars.
So what can you recommand me and why? what are the pros and cons about your recommandation?
Thx in advance! and lets hope i will see you on the tracks!

You're looking for Gran Turismo user.

Paltala posts in /r/EuroTruck 2, fucking shitlord

Shut up nerd. It's in the doc anyway.
But thanks for noticing it.

Good career mode = sad to say pCARS wins here... AC is just a list of "challenges" to complete.
Alot of cars to choose from = fairly even here (as both put large volume of cars behind paid DLC)... but AC has free mods, so AC wins.
Must include lots of Asian cars = AC Asian Car DLC coming soon, looking really good. Asian DLC for pCARS was pretty lack luster. Pretty sure in this dept AC wins.
Drift mode with actual points counting = Don't think pCARS has drifting at all, AC does have this (with scoring system)... AC wins.
Community that hosts drifting lobbies = Yup... i've seen drift servers on AC.
Also trackday lobbies would be great = casual racing may be easier on pCARS (can't confirm that)
Drag lobbie = don't think i've seen online drag racing with either. But AC does have a drag strip in-game, and pretty sure pCARS does not.
great sounding cars = audio is better in AC in my opinion.
Physics are much better in AC vs pCARS. And I agree with eobet re: pCARS looks good in still images, but AC looks way better when actually driving (minus lack of rain and day/night cycle).

Anyone know where I can get a download for all the PCars DLC?

On steam.

+1

Just get an xbox and forza m8. Its way better than any PC game at that sort of thing. The PC racing games are either half finished like AC and PCars or hardcore simulator dadgames for people autistic enough to practice all week and make car setups then do an hour and a half long race. Which describes most people itt including myself but probably not what you're looking for.

>Just get an xbox and forza m8
can't get any more wrong than that

A praystation and gran autismo then. Take your pick, either is way better than project cars.

do a sikk willy

That's the entire point of the primitive 80's turbo missiles.

The engine is great the fuck are you talking about
>No power
It pulls like crazy above 4k. Unless you're shit at managing engine RPM there's no reason you should be slow with it. The turbo isn't even that laggy.
>b-b-but the handling is too touchy
No fuck you. Learn to countersteer.

i didnt make a car, can i use one of them? which ones are the ones i can use

have some autism

isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/28445-Toban-Raceway-Park-Now-Available!?p=418100&viewfull=1#post418100

Sadly all these cars are being driven, and we only have 12 spots in the track. Maybe the R33 or the delorean might not race, but if we dont have any spots, I can let you drive my RS4.

/ovglfs/ when?

>no rx-7 in the car pack

Nobody wanted to drive it, and like I said, we are out of spots to begin with

If there's no spots left thats' fair enough. It's my own fault for being so indecicive

When pic related happens

The xj220 is also free

New and improved lap time with hard tires. Yes she can do it lads
a.uguu.se/lepomp_2016_05_08_12_08_52-ses.webm

eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-28-test-drive-unlimited-retrospective

Is TDU1 worth playing? I heard 2 is a steaming pile of shit, but I've been hearing good things about 1.

you need to lengthen the gears a bit because you're topping out too early
also turn off tyre sounds for gods sake
but the lap looks really good, getting the right line and shit, you've improved a lot since ovgt3 nigga

TDU 1 was simply amazing
>crusing around Hawaii in a Chrysler ME412
>or a Maserati MC12
>or a Shelby GR-1
>or one of the MV Agustas
Good times

Sadly my disc is broken so I can't install it anymore but some user a few threads back talked about a mod which revives the MP. That would definitley be worth checking out if you haven't played TDU yet.

How are the physics, and does it have randomly generated missions/races?

It's been so many years since I last played it (and that was only with the keyboard at that) but from what I remember, the physics were fairly arcadey but had some more realistic parts to them, so it wasn't completely dumbed down

The races aren't randomly generated, but there are a shitton of events and most of them are pretty long. Then, you could also duel random people driving around by flashing your lights at them and then putting a finish line anywhere on the map to do a sprint race against that driver (atleast in SP, but I guess it works the same way in MP). But the most fun was had by just cruising around the huge open world

/ovgtoogay/ when lads

thanks bro, i'll try it out

Yeah, I heard the terrible physics of 2 was a response to people complaining about 1 being too difficult with a controller, so it should be fine since they included some semblance of wheel support.

I see, it was just a quick set up I wanted to get to testing right away. lol does everyone turn it off? It is pretty annoying on replies but desu I don't even hear it when driving since I'm not focused on that. Thanks user, I'd like to think I have. A few changes here and there and I feel she can get a 1:45. So I think I can be safe in saying the SLS is in the same league it just might take more time to get her set up

>turn off tire sounds
i hope you only mean for the replay

>he has tyre sounds on
theyre annoying as fuck

how are you going to hear what your tires are doing? itd be horrible to do it in something like rf2, unless you like to replace your wheel every week.

I don't remember if you were here yesterday but the GT3 series is sadly dead. So if that's the reason you're trying to make the SLS fast, please stop before you're wasting your time even more

Where is the official statement by the organizer? And for what reason? I'll do what I want, it's good practice either way

There is no organizer

REMINDER THAT THE RACE IS AT 19:30, ONE AND A HALF HOURS EARLIER.

Hope to see you there.

Honestly, this describes my experiences with TDU1 pretty much spot on.

This so much.

>Buying the 250 GTO
>Feeling like a rich fuck.

TDU2 was a complete and utter shitshow.
The main thing was the online. Eden went from a very well done online set up to a horrific shit that basically didn't work.

Bro, if you want me to, I'll try to rip my disc, zip it up and mediafire it for you. I can also try to find and include the Megapack files (But not my code)

>how are you going to hear what your tires are doing
when will this fucking meme die
i do racing irl and you literally dont benefit to anything by "hearing the tyre".
What do you expect to gain from hearing the tyres? "Oh nice, my tyres are turning!"

It was like 3 or 4 threads ago. Paul resigned as organizer right after the race on the Nürburgring (1 week ago)

tomthy said it is in fact not dead!

Also tfw carving the mountains in a GT350.

That's technically impossible. If it's dead why is the doc still up lets just nuke it already.
Why did he step down?
That be cool if he picks up the spot of running the series.

19:30 means it's in 1 hour and 10 minutes btw.

Allegedly Von said he'd take over but he was busy this week

>turn tire sound off
>cant hear when youre turning too much
>cant hear when your car is slightly losing the rear
>cant hear when your wheels are about to lock

>TDU
>feels... feels everywhere.

>rip the disc
Please do it, would be really thankful

>Megapack
>never heard of it
>look it up
>DLC for TDU
>JESUS CHRIST THAT CARLIST
>DTM Audi A4
>Cadillac Cien
>C1 Corvette
>250 GTO
>512 Testarossa
>F40
>Holden Efijy (that one awesome concept car they made)
>Diablo
>comfy af Lexuses(?) (Lexi?)
>longtail McLaren F1
>multiple RUFs
>and some more stuff
This is just amazing

>DTM A4
Not a DTM, just the B5 RS4, pic related.

igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=30504
What about this thing then? Is this some kind of console exclusive shit or a mod that slipped into this carlist?

Mod.

So is the Diablo iirc.

Here is the list for you.

Kawasaki (The one bike in pack)
Ninja ZX-12R

Alfa Romeo Brera

Audi
RS4 Quattro
S6

B Engineering
Edonis

Cadillac
CTS-V
Cien

Chevrolet
C1 1957
Stingray Convertible 1971
C6 Convertible

Chrysler
Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe + Roadster

Dodge
Challenger RT
Charger Super Bee
Viper SRT-10 Coupe

Ferrari
Dino 246 GT
250 GTO
308 GTS Quattrovalvole
512 TR
612 Scaglietti
Challenge Stradale
F40

Holden
Efigy Concept

Lamborghini
Gallardo Coupe
Murcielago Roadster
Countach 25th anniversary

Koenigsegg
CCR

Lexus
IS 350
GS 450h
LC 460 L
LS 600h L
SC 430

Mclaren
F1 LM
F1 GT

Mercedes
CLK GTR

Nissan
SKyline GTR R34

Noble
M400

Pagani
C12S Roadster

RUF
RT 12
RTurbo

TVR
T440R

20 mins for race 1 quali

ded series

kat.cr/test-drive-unlimited-gold-2008-repack-by-rggames-t6973288.html

This seems to be the best torrent out there. Has all DLC, nothing ripped except for languages that are not RUS and ENG.

Also in the broken english description:

>The game was added increased realism mode that allows to get the ultimate thrill of driving at high speeds. Improved support for steering enables each virtual drivers feel the what it is - to manage the fireballs, which is about to become unmanageable. New, higher resolution graphics designed for the owners of widescreen monitors, enabling you to see gorgeous race cars in all their glory.

Apparently the devs increased handling realism and added hd textures in the final release. I just finished the torrent and ran it through AV. Installing it right now as I post this.

>512 TR

hnnng

You bastard.

I'm in the middle of ripping the disc. 10 mins left on it.

If is fine with it, I'll stop my rip.

Oh, my rip just finished.

Post it anyway

Any /ovg/-approved headphones/headsets?

I want something that makes me think I'm 'in' the car, that way when I finally afford a VR headset (and it isn't shit), I can strap that to my head and drown-out the rest of the world.

german cuisine

It will be a 3.5GB download all in.

It's the raw files from the disc, not the extracted, installed ones.

And now I realize I forgot to add in the megapack files.

just get a set of Sennheiser 202 HDs

If you want a good headphones you don't need to consider any gamer/car/v/ovg gimmick. No 7.1 shit, no gamer shit, no sim racing shit or whatever.

>strap that to my head and drown-out the rest of the world
You want closed cans. The Sony MDR-7506 are a good pair headphones widely used in music monitoring. They are also affordable ($100)

Other not-worthy closed headphones in no particular order
AKG K550
Sony MDR-7520
Soundmagic HP150

Sennheiser hd280
>it's like actually wearing a full face helmet

How the fuck does a mini cooper 1.3i keep up with a fucking 500 Hp tvr in this cunting game

>all those typos
that's what you get when you spend the night on dirt rally and ac

ATH-M50(x)

so good that even dr dre uses them for music production instead of his own beats shit

Okay, no dice.

It's a 3 hour upload.

Close but not quite.
Here have a vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=X1m9uH5eBcQ

most of the FWD cars in the game are broken as shit.

these are probably best for the price point. I have the M50s now for 4 years and they are great, I will have to replace the ear pads in a few years though as they are starting to crack (not bad for every day use though)

however, these are soon becoming meme reddit headphones so beware..

>tfw we'll never have ovgtp s2

i changed the pads on mine to beyerdynamic velour ones. the stock ones are just too hot and uncomfy for me.

>however, these are soon becoming meme reddit headphones so beware.
like i care

just wanted it to be known

my brother saw them and asked if those were the 'reddit headphones'

>Tiffany
Based as fuck

>MDR-7506
>pic related
That's actually what I'm replacing, my father said they were the 'standard' years ago, figured something else better would've phased-in by now, but around that price I could just live with a new set I suppose.

The Hot Version races just finished. It was really fun, but it could've been more fun if my car wasn't the mistake it was(see webm). Whatever, I brought that on myself which sadly meant I didn't see much of the action of the races. So here's the replays of both races, so you can make webms yourselves
dropbox.com/s/nabiik0df7s1nfq/Hot Version C1 Replays.7z?dl=0

Proper speakers. Nothing better than your desk vibrating slighlty from car engine sound.

What is your price point? Brainwavz HM5 or similar XPT100 are seriously "studio quality" while also being comfortable as fuck and relatively cheap, but if you're talking about something like $50, it won't do.

Congratulations to Gent for winning both races, and Marko for winning the cheekiest overtake of the week award(His place has been revoked to his position before that turn).
And with that, Hot Version is a wrap. Thanks for everyone who participated and all those who helped in various ways along the way. I couldn't do it without.

Special thanks to:
Paul, Ranek and Starking for server hosting/server fixing
Pansyfaust for car tuning
Kunos for sorta fixing the netcode halfway in
And to all the drivers, who hopefully had fun racing in that series.

Hope to see you again in the future, if I make another league.

They are hard to beat. I'm usng a set of pioneer pro dj headphones and they still dont sound as good as the sonys they replaced :(

Honestly my proudest /ovg/ moment

wow marko great job keep it up

>AC

NANI?! On the outside!

there's a secret line which will allow you turn a low speed turn into a straight

[spoiler]this will be your toughest race yet[/spoiler]

Next meme series when

where were you mr. snek that you missed it?

Touge, after the AC jap pack comes out

>tfw suck at driving

>Being collected by a fuck-off huge truck
All my keks

I can't wait for touge 2

what is this piece of poop

AC on max settings

That's isaac's toaster and overzealous gamepad driving