Can y/o/u inform me on this car?

Can y/o/u inform me on this car?

Prices seem to have really bottomed out? Will they appreciate from here? Aftermarket options? FI possibilities? Is it a fag car?

Never assume it'll appreciate, cars aren't investments.

>is it a fag car?
Well it has 4 cylinders

heres what your gonna do there faggot

>delete this thread
>google stuff
f>orm your own opinions

then return to Veeky Forums when your 18 so we can argue about shitboxes

>Aftermarket options? FI possibilities?
Swap a 2ZZ from a Celica GTS, Matrix XRS or Pontiac Vibe GT. 180 hp from 1.8L.

If you learn to green text I will.

These are great, I had one for a short time. Almost unparalleled driving feel (I'd rate it higher than Miata and even S2k), a little underpowered on the highway but it can carry a ridiculous amount of momentum through the corners and has some of the best turn-in.

Prices will continue to drop especially for the pre-2003 models. Major revisions were done in 03 for the engine, precat problem was (sort of) fixed, I would still remove precats or replace the exhaust manifold.

A 2000 with 100k miles might seem like a great bargain but there are some major red flags: low compression, oil consumption, and clogged or replaced cat could all indicate precat failure, which has likely sent ceramic shards into the cylinders via the EGR valve. I would hold out for an 03+ for this and other reasons.

It's a little bit of a fag car but not as much as a Miata, and you can take heart in knowing that no true torque-converter automatic was ever offered, just a nifty SMT (avoid if you plan on swapping).

There is a TRD supercharger available but I was leaning toward a 2ZZ-GE swap, which seems to be better overall, especially with the 6-speed. Lots of aftermarket for this swap especially.

It's also worth pointing out that the stock tire size is now super special snowflake and not offered by manufacturers anymore, so you'll have to look at other fitments.

burns oil

Buy one and swap a K20/24 in it

Blow Toyota purists the fuck out

>generalizing
The sign of a truely ignorant cunt

Better than coal

This

>8500 rpm redline

dont spoonfeed the faggots please

>lmao just swap it lmao, right guys?
fuck off

The 2ZZ is very nearly the same engine as the 1ZZ that's already in the MR-2. "It bolts right up" is not an understatement in this case.

It's not all that hard to swap a small engine from one Toyota to another

>dont spoonfeed the faggots please
Why the fuck not?

I bought one for my wife. It's slow but the handling is a lot of fun. It feels like a gokart.

Touge me fgt

>tell me about this car
its literally a litmus test for retards

>can shitpost here but not google
>cant form own opinions

you are the problem too for enabling it

any time bb

I like them. Considering replacing my 2nd gen MR2 with one of these 3rd gens. Only concern is going from loads to trunk space to almost no cargo room.

Precat failure is an issue. Can easily be fixed by gutting them. Search the forums, there's how-to guides.
Also avoid the semi-auto transmission. It's unreliable garbage.

6-speed UK transmission swap to replace the 5-speeds we got in the US is apparently a bolt-in affair. Also you get a LSD with that I think. Gets you different gear ratios and might be better for highway cruising.

I made that brakes thread too. Wanna go reeeee that one up too?

you should consider using a trip if your so worried about your posts being identifiable

No wonder you're a giant faggot

MINT

These are based with the hardtop.

I love this gray w/ red color combo. Hard to find though I see them occasionally.

they will appreciate in 200 years. but only the ones that have 0 miles on them, mint, and original mechanics.

They are fun.
Prices probably won't get any lower, but won't really appreciate.
You actually get a fair bit of attention if they are in good condition, people like mid-engines. Chicks dig the kawaii look, and they aren't hairdresser-tier like the mx5.

While the SMT is like a wet turd when it's cold, it ain't bad, and a manual swap is fairly straight forward (better off with a 2zz swap though, that's what I'm saving up for)
>Sound system/speakers are also fantastic. Swap the OEM player for a modern one and make everyone jelly.

sick post bruh

don't get one, they're shitty and dangerous. the handling is so shit its unreal, much better cars out there then this shitty one, really really shit car.

Upboats for you guys!!

Do you know what's in the regular Celica and Matrix? A 1zz , the 2zz is as easy as swaps go.

> the handling is so shit its unreal
What are you on about? These have a reputation for great handling. Maybe you're thinking of the overblown "snap oversteer" issue the previous generation had? These are way better handling than the previous generation.

> based with the hardtop.
and wheels and an aftermarket bodykit

otherwise they look like ass
see

This all the way!

>Well it has 4 cylinders

Hes shit posting. He does it in every mr2 thread. Ignore him

>user shitposts in every mr2 thread

well your not wrong

SNAP
O
V
E
R

STEER
T
E
E
R

S H I T T Y
W

Absolutely rekt

Nigga they look fine. Have you ever seen one in person, or are you just a shitposter?

yea i seen one

it's 'ZZ'W30
unless you're swapping a 3S into it, lol.

00-03 1zz's are notorious for burning oil.

Do your homework.

You're the ignorant cunt

So what, just keep it filled up.

>so what
enjoy your clogged cat
That is, if the precat doesn't clog the cat on its own, lol

>Well it has 4 cylinders