ITT: You go to ConsumerAffairs for your car's brand and find the best reviews

ITT: You go to ConsumerAffairs for your car's brand and find the best reviews

consumeraffairs.com/automotive/honda.html

>I purchased a 2015 Pilot brand new and have had for 1 yr and they tell me I need new rotors and they are not covered. So basically every year they are telling me I need to replace my rotors. Really this is totally unacceptable for a reputable company as Honda is suppose to be. I should have NEVER!!! purchased this vehicle. This is absurd. They will not replace these under the warranty of 3 years 30.000 miles. Really this is a very bad situation that they have put me in. At this time I may just have my attorney get involved and then after I will make certain everyone knows not to purchase a honda because they lie about their warranties.

Other urls found in this thread:

consumeraffairs.com/automotive/honda.html
consumeraffairs.com/automotive/volvo.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2011 STI 41k miles and it blew a head gasket. Subaru won't warranty it because of a aftermarket turbo back exhaust. I had my VW longer with way more mod and never had an issue. Subarus have head gasket issues and for them to deny my warranty because of some dumb mod so they don't have to fix their issues is a bunch of garbage. I'll buy an Audi or BMW next time.

>these are the people you're associated with

>I have a 2011 Outback and I first had to add a quart of oil around 95K miles. My son in law said that they probably didn't fill it full when my oil was changed last. So I think anything of it although I told them about it and brought it for an oil change. They didn't bother to tell me about "excess oil consumption" while I was under an extended warranty. So I got the full synthetic oil change and was told the next change is due in 7K miles. At 4000 mi. the oil light came on and it was 2 quarts low! I am furious that I was not told about this while was under a warranty! Now I have 103K mi. and they probably won't offer any assistance.

>I purchased a Mitsubishi Mirage about 4 months ago. Today the same model and same year brand new Mitsubishi mirage is offered by dealers for 40 % less of the cost of original cost I paid for the car 4 months ago + Tax. I still have huge loan on my existing car and the car's market value is less than 50 % because the same category brand new vehicle is offered for 40 % less of what I paid for because of the rebates offered by Mitsubishi. Because of the factory rebate the existing customers like me are suffering to a great extent because of the car's huge depreciation in a span of 4-5 months. Whoever is planning to purchase a brand new Mitsubishi vehicle should be prepared to accept huge loss in few months.

>I booked an appointment with Honda for April 12th, 2016 at 10 am in order to take off four winter tires, replace them with all season tires and replace the air filter. This is a very routine service and one that can be done in less than 45 minutes. This was performed in Thunder Bay, Ontario at the Gore Motors service center. After dropping off the vehicle there was no communication between them and myself and at 6 pm I decided to call. I called 15 times between 6 pm and 8 pm (close) with no answer and absolutely no update on my vehicle. I had to work a night shift as a health care professional at the local hospital and as a result, had to take a taxi to work. This is absolutely unacceptable and frankly, embarrassing. This service was not provided because I am a woman. If this was an adult male the service would have been completed in an hour with no issue.

>Because I'm a woman

It's stunning to see how many people have no fucking clue how a warranty works. Let alone how many people have no idea what is covered on their extended warranty

implying an exhaust will cause a blown headgasket
>these are the people who give the whole scene a bad name

holy shit. People love Saturn. 1/3

>>Vue 2.2 5MT 2004 - I bought this car after careful consideration. I needed an SUV, 5MT (I love manual) and a gas saver. Saturn Vue was one of very few vehicles on the US market which satisfied my requirements. However, before buying it, do your research (as I did)! The 2.2 engine is good on gas and has chain instead of belt (so no worries about changing it), but stay away from 2.2 CVT vehicles!!! This is the most unreliable transmission I ever heard of. I have never read a single review about CVT where the transmission wasn't changed (which costs about $5000). 5MT Saturns only come with FWD, no AWD versions, but I have never experienced any problems getting stuck even during this horrible winter. And in terms of reliability, 5MT cannot even be compared to CVT, it's very difficult to kill it, only if you don't know how to drive a manual at all and shift with grinding all the time - while a CVT can die every moment, without warning.

>However, with 5MT, don't forget that you should change both your transmission fluid (DEXRON III, don't use VI!!! Or, I use Pennzoil Syncromesh) and brake fluid in the clutch mechanism in time. Some people think these don't have to be changed, and it's completely wrong. If your fluid is black, you're certainly killing your clutch or transmission. If you're a DIY person, it's very easy to do both.

2/3
>However, there are several serious drawbacks. First, at RPMs above 3000, the engine is noisy. And at the same time, the transmission is built very strangely, so that at 40 mph you can already put it in 5th. As a result, at highway speeds (~70-75 mph) your RPMs are between 3200 and 4000 approximately. So engine noise inside the cab is guaranteed. It's not too loud, but it's audible, the only thing that makes it tolerable is the whistling of air (I couldn't understand where it's coming from) so that the engine noise doesn't seem so loud. I don't know why Saturn made such a transmission. I was riding with my friend in his Honda, it's automatic, but still, at 60 mph his RPMs were only about 2000, while Saturn has at least 2500 on the tachometer even in 5th gear.

>Why make such a transmission? Of course it's noisy when the engine runs constantly between 3300-4000 RPM on a highway! And at the same time, why did they install this dashboard which proudly says that the maximum speed is 130 mph? This transmission can't go even close to that, it will reach maximum RPMs well before. And by the way, if the engine didn't work at such high RPMs, it would have even better highway gas mileage. This is Saturn...

>I won't say anything about cheap plastic materials in the cab, I don't care about this, and it's not a luxury car. If you need extreme comfort and expensive cab interior, buy something like a Cadillac and pay for servicing its numerous electronic devices. For me, the advantage of this car is its simplicity, I can fix or change most of the stuff myself.

3/4 it seems
>Also, there are stupid things which are just gross mistakes of the designers. Take the clutch: the bleeder valve is metal, but the tube which holds it is plastic, so if you want to change your old black fluid and then bleed the system, be very careful, because the valve may be rusty and stuck, and you can easily break the plactic tube and disable your car until it is replaced (you'll have to buy a new master brake cylinder as this tube is not sold separately). Why couldn't they make this tube metal instead of plastic, knowing that there may be some effort needed to turn the valve??? Probably because it's cheaper...

>And finally, I'd like to mention the headlights. In this car they are the most horrible I've ever seen. They sit in deep "wells" so the light beam is very narrow and only lights up a small piece of the road, not speaking about street signs - you can forget about it. At the same time, if you try to install a powerful bulb, you'll see the other problem - the idiot designers didn't make a glare screen in front of the bulb, instead, there's a strange-looking and completely useless tube! I have specially looked at lots of other vehicles, they all have either projectors or a glare cap! But Saturn decided that Vue drivers don't need them!

>So if you install a powerful bulb, you have to make sure it's the type with end painted, otherwise oncoming drivers are looking directly at your bulb, not covered by anything! At the same time, this light is just wasted, instead of being reflected by the glare cap and thrown onto the main reflector to magnify the beam. Bravo, Saturn! A very wise decision!

Mini Cooper - Had been wanting the car for quite some time. Bought a used one in Nov 2013. Had one previous owner and low mileage. Approximately 25K. Four months later in Feb 2014 had to change thermostat. Thank goodness it was under warranty. It was downhill from there. In Oct 2014 had a needed oil power flush to the tune of $165. Dec 2014 brakes and rotors needed replacement, yet no warning ever came on, $1300. Jan 2015 ignition coil $700. April 2015 valve cover gasket $600.

>>Sept 2015 thermostat replaced again as well as defective tire sensors $700. Nov 2015 took in for oil change to find out radiator hose has detached, oxygen sensor not working, and engine vacuum pump is leaking oil. Got all but engine vacuum for lack of cash for $500. And still have to take back for engine vacuum for another $600. In almost two years I've spent close to $5000 in repairs plus regular maintenance and oil changes. With what else to come. Seems like the cars weren't built for longevity.

4/4

>I also have to mention that the high beams are poor as well, and they are located separately from low beams (different bulbs) but adjusted together. Which is horrible because normal car manufacturers make high beam HIGH - so that it's ABOVE low beam cutoff. No such luck with the Vue - the high beams are practically on the same level as low beams, and if you try to raise them so they can do their work, low beams are raised too and start blinding oncoming traffic! But if you adjust low beams so that they don't blind, your so-called "high beams" point to the ground and are practically useless! I've never seen more stupid headlights. And worst of all, there are NO aftermarket modified (e.g. projector) headlights for this car, they're all the same stupid type!

>But overall, the car's not bad and I didn't have too many issues with it. Just don't buy CVT versions. And check the clutch before buying it, the replacement is expensive. If you don't know what to look for, bring a friend who knows a lot about manual cars.

Literally the best examples of why you should take an auto class in high school.

>3 weeks ago, I bought my 2016 Genesis Coupe and the car salesman did not tell me that the car was going to be very low to the ground, about 3 inches. Yesterday, as I was pulling into a parking spot, the front splash shield guard under my car, got stuck by the parking stopper made out of cement and as I pull back out, the splash shield broke off at the right side. I took the car to the Hyundai dealership to get it repaired. Well, it is going to be over $1,400.00 lots of damage for a little accident that should not had happened, if they would had disclose the height of the car. Just because no one told me that the car is very low to the ground and the splash shield may get stuck and break off as you pull back.
1. too fucking retarded to uses his fucking eyes know how high his car is
2. relying on bumping into the parking block especially in a sports car like a stupid cunt
3. he is full of shit as i own a 2014 and there is way more than 3 inches of clearance under the bumper

>Premier car should have quality parts installed or repair the part for the customer at no cost. Plastic cover over sensors should be on a recall. Plastic cracked on the 2015 Genesis with less than 2,000 miles and Hyundai won't honor it. Way out of coverage is they saying a rock struck it with no sign of damage on the cover except it's cracked.
tldr: WAH WHY ISNT MY WEAR AND TEAR AND ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE NOT AT ALL RELATED TO THE DESIGN OR MANUFACTURE OF MY VEHICLE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!

>I have a new 2016 Civic and it is a great car. It is my fourth Civic, but there are a couple of things that I do not like about it. It does not have a CD player in it. I do not like any of the stations on the radio and I do not like the music of today. I loved listening to my music from the 50's, 60's and some of the 70's, but now I cannot do that because you opted not to put CD players in your new cars. I am not a person that has a Ipod, so that is not an option to listen to. I was very disappointed when I found out about this feature.

>implying that retarted modified his car right.
>imply after 41k of harsh miles with improperly done mods and excess boost can't hurt an engine

>Reading Subaru reviews
>"Should have gone for a Hyundai"

My sides

>Was recently "informed" by BMW they are no longer supporting BMW ASSIST which is a feature that INCLUDED (past tense) collision detection as well as stolen vehicle recovery along with other functionality such as being able to send Google directions to the vehicle. My X5 is a 2012 (!) vehicle!!! With all the BS advertising BMW has out there about how great their cars are and how safety is a great concern for their customers, trying to get an answer other than "we are sorry for any disappointment this may cause you" is totally and complete BS!

>Buys used car
>Features for used car are *surprise* no longer supported
>Gets pissy.

I find it boggling that most of these complaints are about dealerships and not the car manufacturers themselves.......

I feel bad for this guy. I'm sure he knows someone who put a bunch of music on a USB and stick it in his car, but I'm sure he doesn't know what a USB stick is

>Whoever is planning to purchase a brand new Mitsubishi vehicle should be prepared to accept huge loss in few months.
A. this applies to any car brand
B. especially shit brands like Mitsubishi, Kia, Hyundai, Dodge, Chrysler, etc.

>consumeraffairs.com/automotive/honda.html
>crtl+f
>"jeep"
>1258 complaints on first result

In 2010 I purchased my first Subaru. I figured I bought the best vehicle of my life. I owned it until November 2014. I had nothing but troubles. I had to replace the battery within the first year. Randomly thru out the year it wouldn't start. All my oil changes were done at the dealership. Every time they would tell me it had no oil. In total I had a sway belt, drive shaft, engine, battery, full clutch replaced and brakes. Subaru offered $500 prepaid visa for my next Subaru. What a joke...

>sway belt

Who wants to bet she's a feminist?

Buick

>I drove to the grocery store this morning. All of 2 miles. Then to the drug store. Total round trip, 4 miles. I came home, put the car in the garage. I had to go into the garage to put something away and the fan was running from the engine. I thought that was strange as the car wasn't even hot. It shut off so I thought it was ok. About 5 minutes later, I went back into the garage and once again the fan started again! I opened the car door and my inside fan was blowing at high speed. I came in the house, got my car keys and locked the car. Now it isn't turning on. It concerns me as I know most cars a fan will run after you have turned it off but never have I seen a car's fan turn back on. Anyone have this issue?

Pontiac

>10/15/09 Ignition switch. 10/26/09 Second ignition switch. 11/2/09 Recalibrate PCM and repair 3 grounds. 1/18/10 Loose ground again, PCM recalibrated again. 1/25/10 O2 sensor #1. 2/4/10 Bank sensor and ANOTHER O2 sensor. 3/14/11 Broken belts $169. 4/7/11 Fuel injectors and power steering pump $513. 4/27/11 Duct (hose) from mass air flow to throttle body dry rotted (tried to charge me $400 until I threatened to call Mike Anderson, then they gave me a "courtesy warranty"). 6/3/11 Oil change - had to replace oil plug $50. 6/17/11 Miss on #4 cylinder... new spark plugs $242. 9/15/11 Battery tested bad (opted not to have it replaced at that time because it was not causing any problems). 2/22/12 New tires, right front wheel bearing $676.33. 5/29/12 Recall replace boot and plug. 6/18/13 Radiator hose (dealer part only) $23.65 (that was just the hose, my brother put it on).

>6/28/13 Different radiator hose... again dealer part only my brother put it on.. $25.01. 7/3/13 Thermostat (dealer part again, my brother put it on) $74.34. 7/5/13 Radiator hose AGAIN $21.67. 7/6/13 Radiator $180. 2/13/14 Spark plugs (again), ignition coil, valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, surface disks, exhaust repair $664.37. 2/14/14 Right front wheel bearing AGAIN $281.88. 2/18/14 Right front lower control arm $155. 3/21/14 Heater hose and tow $97. 9/24/14 Water pump, coolant, surface disk, rear brake shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, left front outer tie rod, left front wheel bearing and alignment $936.

What car was it? Who the fuck is Mike Anderson and why is he so damn important?

More Pontiac:

>I have a 2008 g6. And I have ignition problems, power steering pump went out- 625.00 to fix a power steering. Pump are you kidding me. This car has sooo many problems and every problem is listed on here by many others. We need to all get together and make a class action lawsuit. My number is ** call if interested. There’s no reason why we should all be going through this. Gmc is a failure to America. Maybe I should run this car up Obama’s ass since he’s the one who bailed gmc out to begin with. Anyhow a total of three thousand to fix all problems with this car. And it seems like most of you are having the same problems. Then on top of that I still owe 5000.00 on the car.

A 2009 G3

Kek, fucking Korean piece of shit

>replaces honda with volvo
>gets a 404 error

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I don't see any reviews about Volvo.

Biggest pos senpai.

More Pontiac:

>I start the car and when I press the accelerator, it run very slow. What may be the reason for this? The car only has 38000 miles. I change the oil every 3000 miles and the filter. This is the first time that I have this problem. I am a woman and are ignorant about cars.

These people are the reason why you can't trust consumer reviews

Land Rover is a fucking gold mine

consumeraffairs.com/automotive/volvo.htm

She's not wrong, as a man I just call 1800havedik and they connect me directly to the service adviser.

>modding the exhaust can affect boost in any meaningful way shape or form
the only way is if you went from a 1" exhaust to a 3" exhaust and even then you have a bov and wastegate to control boost

>only a few Dart complaints
>it's all electrical nonsense and retard dealers incapable of servicing them

>I have this car Dodge Dart SXT 2014 new and I have problems with idle, transmission shifting bad, front suspension noise and steering noise in cold temperature.

probably a 2-liter with the hyundai automatic

>A few days later, the entire car reset on its own as well, all the radio stations that were pre-set were set back to factory as well as the clock; I am sure this is not normal. I took the vehicle to the dealership and they worked on it for four days and said they could not find anything wrong with my vehicle and sent me home with another problem: a damaged vehicle frame, bent rocker panel and the paint is now chipping. I have spoken with the customer service multiple times about many of these issues and I don't think they are listening.

touchscreens get cucked, also dealers did not understand the rocker panels extend below the pinch welds so spacers must be used to avoid body damage. They did it to mine too.

Best part is how that's for an engine company.

kek

Land Rover cucking everyone once again.

Just imagine being the PR guy at Volvo Penta

>We're getting a lot of negative press
>>What from?
>People seem to really hate the XC90
>>The car?
>Yeah
>>Fucking Americans

Poor PR guy is probably just sitting there going "you fucking dumb asses we're not the same company."

lmfao that's what happens whenever you buy new

'volvo':

>I always thought that American cars are crappy, and since I am from Europe myself, always thought that Eurocars, Swedes, German Cars are top of the line... that is what Volvo's reputation is, but this will be something of the past, cause this car is a piece of S. I will not even think about to buy a Volvo again, I will drive it till it stops. Just do whatever is necessary to keep the wheels turning, but this car is like a leaking barrel, you plug here a leak, and the same time the next leak pops up somewhere else. Volvo had a very good reputation, since I remember as a kid, Volvos go on forever all the people said. Well, that was once upon a time. Today Volvos go on forever back to the mechanic... Nice car to drive. Enjoy this rare moments when you do not have it in a shop.

>This new Volvo is a real success and is very advanced (re. media, etc). It reads your SMS f.i., but DOES NOT WARN YOU when you will be out of petrol. I am expecting an alert (sound, flashing sign, or...), but this car has none of this. The very small petrol pump (invisible on the dashboard) turn orange, that is all. As a result, I got stuck 6 time in 15000 km including on motorways, costly and humiliating experience. I wrote to Volvo Sweden, but did not get even a receipt, and the garage told me this is like this and Gutbrod has NO plan so far to add an alert, which you would find on a DAF in 1980! I am disgusted!

Holy shit people are dense.

>Maybe I should run this car up Obama’s ass since he’s the one who bailed gmc out to begin with
lol

>People need to be reminded that their car has a finite amount of fuel
>People don't check their dash gauges regularly

This motherfucker is shifting around harder than the truck.

What the fuck is he even trying to say?

>>I always thought that American cars are crappy,
Fucking yurotrash tbqh

On my miata it used to bother me. Now I can sorta gauge from my gauge(heh) how many miles I got left.

you should check it pretty much every time you get in the car senpai. Memorize your MPGs and how much capacity your tank has.

Once you get acquainted with your car you should be able to guess it to within 5 miles / half a gallon.