So tell me Veeky Forums

so tell me Veeky Forums
what has happened to the car audio market.
when did the trend died?

It died with with the hip hop nigger rap fad brah

manufactures started making car with decent audio systems, like VW and BOSE.

>BOSE
holy fuck that's not what i would call decent. overpriced yes, luxury somewhat.
might be better than stock 90's ford speaker but its not a considerable upgrade.

No, it was when manufacturers started making weird shaped radios with the AC controls integrated

like this?

the bose system in my mx-5 sounds p good

i know badly overpriced sound equipment etc etc when it comes to hi-fi, but to compared to other in-car systems they're as good as any other

he probably ones that aren't rectangular DIN-sized head units like yours

its an aftermaket fitting, stock one was a big chunk of trapezoid junk

>racecar
>adding weight just so you can play music super loud
>cop already want to fuck me in the ass while giving tickets

I don't think it died man. At least around my area the scene isn't dead. Like every car enthusiast I know has a sub or two. I have two 8" subs myself.

When they started installing decent stereos in cars as stock.

didnt stop me from getting and aftermaket
yea you're not supposed to care about music in performace tuned cars.
it died in my area all i see is some dying shitboxes with subs poorly installed with stocks speakers

>wanting to drown out that sweet intake and exhaust noise
Pls

I think we've just refined it to be better hidden. Ive got 2 12s in my single cab truck. Every vehicle i get (apart from motorcycles) will have subs in it.

on the same note, started stripping my car because streetcar racecar samething. of course i want some tunes every now and again so i pulled back the panels and carpet and imagine that. poorly chopped together wiring and slashed shit for a sub. now i have to redo the wiring to get some tunes

It's literally decent enough to fill a 1.5x2 metre space we all know as the car

the music got worse
so people don't care any more

not kicking bass at 300 kph
>blebs everywhere

>the music got worse

Than music that can only be listened to through several subwoofers? How?

It died when people started wearing earbuds 24/7. I only ever hear shit bumping like maybe twice a month.

PLLLppppLLLPPPPPPppppPPPPP

Whenever I hear someone with a loud muffler I just think their car is about ready to shit out on them and they need to take it in to get fixed ASAP

This is a retarded argument, considering that the internet gives you unlimited access to any kind of music you want, especially with the rise of trap music that pretty much requires a subwoofer

most people are missing out on melodic bass lines and don't have good enclosures or speakers

using several woofers is just a cheep way of increasing surface area without encountering distortion or having to resort to ports or passive radiators

There's a line between giving depth to your music and trying to piss of grandmas and grandpas, and this car long passed that line

You lost me after melodic bass lines.

i agree with this.