S/o/cal May Meet ACH 5/21/16

Two Weeks Out Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

inlandempire.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=mr2 turbo&sort=date&auto_title_status=1
youtube.com/watch?v=8mAa1ojtb5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hereby summon the grognak

I would go but my Z28 is trashed and I'm not going to an Veeky Forums meetup in a Camry.

witnessed

IT IS I

THE MIGHTY GROGNAK

SHALL ALL YOUR CARS BE CRASHED INTO

>pasedena
>SoCal

greetings from o-side

you're all faggots

>drive 3 hours north for a Veeky Forums meetup
I'll pass on this one

Its 1hr 43min away for me but we shall see
Finally have better tires

Hmmm... always wanted to go to one of these. Also am off that day, but no car that could properly toegay in.

How does it work if i drive a nearly 40 year old shitbox?

fine, stay in mexico

sounds like you got a real classic, bring it

Maybe, but I hope it won't overheat.

Oh bb

which turbo mr2 on craigslist should I buy Veeky Forums

I have about $6k to blow

inlandempire.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=mr2 turbo&sort=date&auto_title_status=1

btw I'm bringing it to the meet whichever one it is

one thats low miles owned by someone in their thirties or forties and stock so you know it hasn't been trashed. but good look finding that for under 6k in california

bump

you guys are actually having a meet again

color me impressed

And why not, bayfag?

its a good thing

the fact that you guys were too scared to have meets for like nine months was a running joke

>host a big central california meet in the sierras for some excellent touge
>only one socal guy showed up

1st for calling the CHP on this illegal street race

we had one in March

Why the fuck would you have it at pretty much the northern limits of southern California? Most faggots aren't gonna wanna drive hours and hours, should a been somewhere in the Santa Ana mountains which are equidistant from most of socal.

Any interest in a more accessible meet up?

>northern limits of southern california

nigga pls, I live in the high desert

wouldn't mind an Ortega Hwy meet actually, could meet some of the SDfags

>angeles crest
>not accessible

too busy jacking off with the mexicans in national city i take it

SD is pretty much dead

I go back home every year and look for people at some of my old haunts and nobody's ever around

Besides the valley you couldn't pick a farther point from most of CA

And drive what road?

There's tons of roads in the Santa Ana mountains, the Ortega highway being the most traveled. I haven't really explored it too much because it's way more traveled than the mountain/canyon roads that I love in the San Jacinto mtns, sage and anza areas.

norcal is having a meet near lonepine

the southland has a problem where there are only so many mountainous areas, so if you want to takumi it up the CHP will know exactly where you're going, and most of those roads are also used by local commuters

the best roads in the state are the dead end roads to campgrounds in the sierra nevadas, the roads around the coastline near SLO/norcal past the bay, and Tuna Canyon in Malibu. no traffic, no cops, top quality roads

>more traveled than the mountain/canyon roads that I love in the San Jacinto mtns, sage and anza areas.

My nigga,
I used to daily sage road until I started going the dirt routes like De Portela road.
You drive in my backyard.

I really wish I had a car that I would enjoy taking off road, that would make a lot more areas accessible for exploration out here.

Sucks being low on gas and waiting for payday, limited to google maps exploring.

Hope some more southern riverside, north SD folks come out of the wood work and maybe we can have our own meet.

I used to touge sage rage in my 2000 Celica GTS, staying in constant lift.

Sold it and got my Subaru, but sold it.
I picked up a 94' Subaru Loyale 4x4 for dirt cheap. Just save like 1000 and Craigslist sometimes has decent Subarus for sale.

Used to look forward to the commute home just to see that view everyday.

What other good roads are there in the San Jacinto/Hemet valley?

I got a couple grand worth of shit I want to do to my LS before I get a sportier car, and its handling isn't disappointing for the luxury barge it is.

There's a road I've always been interested but I've never made it that far, bautista canyon road between helmet/Valle vista(starts at the most south eastern orange fields in the helmet valley), goes pretty far and I really don't see a reason for it to be too heavily traveled.

I dunno if its dirt or not, can't really tell from google maps. But closer to anza there's some businesses off of it so its probably paved at some point.

Between hemet and anza*

I've been out there once driving at night trying to get my 3year olds to fall asleep.
I think it was a dead end or I ended up doing a U turn when they knocked out.

I like the road up to Idlewild but its really steep.

so do I

what are you running? Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position here

Its been awhile but I think the road from banning to idyllwind isn't as steep

Dunlop Direzza DZ102's 225/40/18 on the front and 255/40/18 on the rear. I have some complete AIDS GoodYear Eagle all seasons on the back right now that I'm wearing out, the sticky on the front and aids on the back makes for some pretty bad wheel hop.

Still debating whether to scrap the all seasons. Will also bring my straight pipes for the keks

Might drop by

If not toasted from work, may come through.

You're still alive? That's a good sign

Ortega is awful and you should feel awful for recommending that

Fuck all SD is dead, I'd love to go to a meet. But a 2 hour ride up is really making me question whether or not it's worth it. Today's the last real day for me to decide as well.

Can we meet in irvine:^)

I didn't recommend it, its just the only road I have experience with and I already mentioned its well traveled which implies its not good for a meet

>when you work at JPL and this is right next door

applied for robotics there, never heard back. oh well.
I'm 20 mins from descanso either way.
list of BBQ things?

I have some chips and utensils, charcoal is taken care of as well.

>there's only 3 or 4 people on Veeky Forums from San Diego
>not enough for a local meet-up
>all the meet-ups are 2 hours away

This is what we get for being too far south in SoCal

Forgot to put my name on that post I have yet to see a C5 driving aggressively, would be rad
I feel the same but I really want to make it to these meets for once, I'm probably gonna just deal with it and make the drive
There's more like 7-8 but they either left Veeky Forums or just lurk

might show up if im free

I'm in sd. Fancy a meet this weekend?:^)

I might do the next one, provided there is a next one. But I just feel this one was a bit too sudden for me.

I've got work and shit, but it's a night shift. If it's around afternoon I could do one.

Weather's been pretty good on us don't you think?
Sun's not being a magnifying glass for once.

Nigga

Anyone else in San Diego want to meet up? Maybe Saturday or Sunday night just like a Buffalo Wild Wings meet up or some shit like that?

I'm out in east county but if we end up meeting I won't mind driving to Escondido or something

That being said I'm up for a meet

I'm from lake Elsinore/temecula area I'm down to meet in escondido

Im about 25mins further away from Temecula in Hemet. Both areas in SD or LA are a bit of a drive. Always wanted to meet up with Veeky Forums.

I'm Lemon Grove myself. Might have to leave in the middle of it (again, night shift) but I'd be down for a meet up.

Escondido is a good split, at least the traffic isn't too crazy heading south, but yeah Hemet is just enough to be pretty far from LA and SD

You working both days? It's still up in the air whether it's Saturday or Sunday. Either way it's probably late afternoon

I highly recommend lyons valley road out of Jamul to the top of Mt Laguna, take the 8 east to get to sunrise because pine valley and old 80 are cuck speedtraps

Yep. Monday nights and Tuesday nights are my days (nights) off. But as long as I can get to downtown by 11, I'm game for whatever.

Sounds good

For those who are trying for the San Diego meet, there's a Buffalo Wild Wings in San Marcos that I'm thinking we could do. If anyone has another place to meet, feel free to leave a suggestion

40-50 mile ride? I'm game. Rode all the way to Mt. Laguna once, and that was early morning with my fingers going numb. I'm sure I could make this trip if I plan it out even a little.

The Sunrise Highway is pretty fun, it's been my go-to route lately because I need to clear a monitor to pass smog

bumperino

Is anyone else planning on showing up on a motorcycle? What should bring? What would you guys like to see there which can fit in a tank bag? Nvn

Speaking of smog I might not be able to take my Subaru out there. Might have to take the truck instead

Take the subie, user. It's not an Veeky Forums meet unless one of us isn't legal to drive

whatever you bring, you can stash it in one of the cars when you get to the meet so you don't have to carry it the whole ride

Hard-boiled eggs

Bring your JO crystal in case another cyclist shows us

bump

Bring the eggs, then give everyone at the meet an egg. Everyone chooses their favorite car (that isn't their own) by placing their egg in the driver's seat. The winner is the one who has the most eggs, and anyone who doesn't have any eggs must eat all of the voting eggs before leaving the meet.

If multiple cars receive no eggs, the eggs will be divided evenly among their owners.

Hahaha that sounds hilarious

It's like a mini car show. With consequences.

Delicious consequences

You don't have to tell me what happened, but you do have to eat these eggs

Grosse

So what time does /eggmeet/ begin?

3 or 4pm Sunday?

Bump

expecto patronum

blumpkin

nice matching tires you have there

When can we stop meeting at ACH?

It's a fucking boring-ass straight road that's perpetually laden with traffic, patrolled by asshole cops, and full of normie soccer moms

I mean if we just meet up to bbq the weather is nice up there, but if you guys actually want to drive why not go somewhere else like Mulholland or something?

>straight road
nigga you wat

and there aren't cops at mulholland?

also no furfags allowed

>and there aren't cops at mulholland?

You seriously don't consider ACH a straight road? It's about as straight as you can get. Shit's less curvy than the 405. The bends aren't any fun unless you're going like 90+ on the straights. Which is spectacularly retarded on a two lane public road crowded with soccer moms doing 5 under the limit. Also the cops on ACH will pull you over for so much as looking at them funny or having a sunshade on your side window. I've seen it happen.

There are cops on Mulholland. A shitton actually. But they don't give a shit as long as you're clearly in control of your vehicle and don't cross double yellows around blind corners like a fucking sperg.

Also when I say Mulholland I also mean all the other roads in the Malibu Canyon area. There's more than you can shake your dick at and almost all of them are excellently maintained, low-traffic, beautiful, ridiculously fun roads to drive.

Here's one such road:
youtube.com/watch?v=8mAa1ojtb5o

Maybe you should try driving some roads outside your sheltered suburban comfort zone once in a while.

You talk shit about Lord Byron's magnum opus and I'll glass you

a) Why does everybody have to live so far south? Why can't we have meets closer to the Victorville area for once?

b) Why do you guys choose this same road for EVERY SINGLE meet?

c) Who's this guy?
Is he a meme?

you no rikey? craigslist specials every time

>Victorville area

who the fug is this
I live in Pinon Hills

>It's a fucking boring-ass straight road that's perpetually laden with traffic, patrolled by asshole cops, and full of normie soccer moms

The perfect road for these meets. Because a lot of folks aren't experienced drivers.

Not a bad thing, but just to clarify, you don't come to these meets looking for a fun drive, you come to these meets looking for a lazy cruise and a BBQ.

>Mulholland
kek last time there was a s/o/cal meet there that one guy ran his mustang off the road

Thankfully it wasn't worse, if there's more Mulholland meets I'd be worried about seeing a 10 car pileup in the news

This needs to happen.

Seriously.

random user with a mazda 3

I've only been to one meet before and it was a while back

>Maybe you should try driving some roads outside your sheltered suburban comfort zone

The fact that you sadboys never leave the Southland makes this particularly entertaining

take the 33 out of Ojai, then cut over to Kernville, over the Sherman Pass and into the south Sierra Nevadas if you want some real action