What if every country's greatest leader was to rise up from the dead right now and take control of their country with...

What if every country's greatest leader was to rise up from the dead right now and take control of their country with absolute power? Let's assume they have people who explain to them all the current modern situation and technology, along with what happened from when they died.

So... How exactly this works? Did Alexandr The Great got only Macedonia to rule over? Or, say, he got his Old Empire lands back?

I think he will only get Macedonia

Why?

because Greece will get Theodora of Byzantine

China - Emperor Taizong of Tang
England - Churchill?
France - Louis IX
Germany - Bismarck
Italy - if they can get Romans, Hadrian, otherwise, they are lacking in leadership
Japan - Okubo Toshimishi
Spain - Ferdinand III

The wife of a shitty ruler is the best ruler of Rome?

Okay..?

>China
Agreed, Kangxi is a good contender too although he isn't exactly Chinese.

>England
Maybe Victoria I

>France
How about Napoleon instead

>Germany
Agreed

>Italy
Probably something Roman

>Japan
I would say Oda Nobunaga would be better

>Spain
Not keen on Spanish history so sure, maybe Isabella?

Only because she was in Civ V to tick boxes doesn't mean she was actually a leader or a good one at that

>How about Napoleon instead

Louis IX left France much stronger than it was when he started his reign. He was admired by all of Europe. Napoleon left it much weaker.

Italy - Garibaldi

>What if every country's greatest leader was to rise up from the dead right now and take control of their country with absolute power?
World War III. Probably nuclear holocaust.

Well... more rubber back to belgium I presume?

The funnest thing in imagining this scenario, is trying to figure out what they would wear, how they would use modern technology, and how they would view the current world. I'm sure there would be a huge shock.

How do you not pick Augustus for Italy? Seriously. How?!

Roman rulers only get to run Vatican
>:D

So who gets Charlemagne ?

Please leave Veeky Forums and never come back you fucking videogame faggots

Veeky Forums has a dedicated thread for your cancerous Civ games

A lot of French kings left the country stronger than it was.
But most of them didn't rebuild it anew while facing off all the other major powers of Europe as they tried not only to stop them but to overthrow them.

The E.U.

It was hard, but I got the full list here.

So many pharaohs and they pick cleopatra. Sad.

fucking belgium probably
(poor charlemagne)

This is clearly a bait list and you know it

>Germany
>Bismarck
>not Frederick the Great
Shaking my head at you to be honest my family

>Macedonia gets Justinian
>Greece gets Alexander
Huh?

>France - Louis IX
>Spain - Ferdinand III
They both ruled under the great influence of their mothers

In my country, it would be Rosas and Peron. And they would probably nuke themself in a moment (not due some ideology clash, only a simple raw bloodfest between alphas).
So yeah, we are out of game even before it started.

Mujica for uruguay

Über kek

>pinochet

kek

>Finland
Probably Kekkonen, despite revisionist memes. He would engage in strategical dicksucking and please everyone just enough so that Finland survives.

>Maybe Victoria I

You might as well name a prime minister at that point, the lady hardly did shit. She just happened to be alive during a golden age.

Pierre Trudeau was almost as bad as his cancerous pothead spawn

The second I saw Pierre I knew this was coming.

>Cambodia
>Pol Pot

>Columbia
>Pablo Escobar

>Barbados
>Rihanna

kek

the United States will become dominant under George Washington. his ideas built the country's early government and he will make partisanship illegal due to all of the problems and inefficiencies it objectively causes.

a lot of the other stuff depends on who you classify the greatest leader. the political landscape will be extremely different depending on who leads Germany and Russia (Stalin, Lenin, Brezhnev, Peter the Great, Ivan the Terrible for Russia probably; Charlemagne, Hitler, Bismarck, Frederick Barbarossa for Germany)

>George Washington

"no"

> muh nixon was best president

By "greatest" leader do you mean the one that most represents the country or the one that actually did the best in history?

I don't even like tricky dick and thought he was average at best, but just because ol' george was the first and one of the most iconic doesn't mean he was the best.

Same concept applies to JFK, he is literally one of the most iconic presidents ever yet he would have been a mediocre president.

>it should be Teddy, Polk, or Jackson

>Moctezuma II
>not Moctezuma I
the most triggering thing on the list desu

>Georgia gets Stalin.

Y u do dis?

>Pakistan
>Akbar
I kek'd at this for some reason.

Theodora was born in modern day Cyprus not Greece

>Jackson
literally kill yourself you piece of fuck

>Eesti
>Lennart meri
>not Laidoner

Cyprus is Greek. There is a temporary insect infestation in the North but that will soon be solved.

>Germany
>Not Hitler
Wut?

make sweden protestant again.
Mudslimes BTFO.

Let's not and say we didn't

Jackson best

>Old hickory
>Modern day weapons
Good luck.

>Panama - John McCain

100%

>Li Shimin, the Taizong emperor of Tang awakes from his thousand year long slumber

>"What do you mean we lost all of our territory in Central Asia? What do you mean we've lost Mongolia and Siberia? Vietnam is an independent country?

>John Diefenbaker rises from the dead

"hoooly shit there's a lot of chinamen out today."

Midern day Macedonia is not the same as ancient Macedonia. They actually made up their ties to Ancient Macedonia to oretend their little slavic Nation had some Gravitas.

England is Clement Atlee.

Washington not seizing emperor like rule, and stepping down after 2 terms is what made him a great president.

>Iraq
>gets Shalmanesser III
>gets modern weapons
>ISIS destroyed
>Syria destroyed
>Israel destroyed
>Saudis Arabia destroyed
>ISLAM destroyed
>world trembles
Holy fuck

>Lech Wałęsa

>Netherlands
>Willem III
>Not Willem van Oranje

>the United States will become dominant under George Washington

It's arguable if Washington was really our greatest leader (although he's certainly top 5 at worst), but I think he would be a disastrous modern president. Imagine if a guy who doesn't understand the concept of a plane was giving orders to the Air Force.

>and he will make partisanship illegal

Washington couldn't even make partisanship illegal while he was still alive. He strongly favored the Federalists.

Jackson firmly belongs in that "iconic, but mediocre" category. And there's really no good option, because many of our best presidents would make horrible leaders today. Nobody would take FDR seriously because he's a cripple, any president before 1900 would be seriously out of his depth, Teddy Roosevelt's enthusiasm for imperialism would make him hated at home and abroad, etc..

is this attempt to trigger with one picture as many countries as possible?

>John Howard
Kek

Fuck outta here, I wouldn't want anyone besides Giancarlo Sforza or Raimondo Montecuccoli; just because you don't know any italian military leaders besides roman ones doesnt mean there weren't

I hope you are not implying Hitler was our greatest leader.
It would probably be Bismarck

England - one of the old kings from back when royals actually did things

Think Richard the lionheart or Edward I, maybe Elizabeth I, maybe even Alfred if you count Wessex.

Victoria ruled during our golden age but she wasn't really a great leader

you must have waited long to post this

R E M O V E
E
M
O
V
E

Augustus would still conquer the rest of Italy with just the pope and like five priests.

>nation's
>greatest leader

I'm already throwing up

yeah, lots of british tourists visiting in northern cyprus

Kučan is sadly still alive tho.
Corrupt old fart.

Do you think your historical Presidents with modern tech knowledge would be inferior to Obama, Clinton and Trump?

I don't think so. My impression is that most of them were intellectually superior to those. I can't imagine John Quincy Adams writing some ridiculous politically correct text for Glamour magazine.

Instead of posting this why not just play Civ whatever number it's up to?