Thoughts on this? thinking about buying a chevy avalanche regardless

thoughts on this? thinking about buying a chevy avalanche regardless

>paying money for one of these
Just get a 1500 Silverado and skip on the buyers remorse. Every piece of plastic on those turns light gray in a few years time, resale value is laughsble, and they're hideous.

y tho? Either you get a truck or an suv. Not an abomination that tries to combine them.

>I want a pickup truck but I dont want to be able to put anything in the bed
>say no more senpai

always wanted one

Either buy a silverado or a tahoe. If you like this you're probably a bro and should kill yourself.

>Not getting the V8 Sport Track
>300hp AWD with an IRS

These handle a lot better

>4 foot bed

dude... it's useless

>implying

Good for the occasional camp, tailgate,or just a place for the dog.

Don't try to use logic, yuppies will buy 4 foot bed trucks regardless.

What do you think you can't put in the bed?

Why settle for no bed, no back seat, or an absurd wheelbase?

>4 foot bed
>shitty unreliable platform

Get a 2500. They're available without the cladding, but you'll have more trouble finding one without it.

I own an 05
Its a base model with 2wd.

Its an extremely reliable truck. Drives like an suv but has the capabilities of a pick up.

2500 are shit with mpg.
Drove one for about a week and averaged 9 on the highway.
Don't buy one if mileage is something to worry about. If not get one. 8.1 liters of pure freedom

Should be about 14 on the highway.

Have a mechanic check out the transmission
And look out for rust and just do an overall check of the underbody/exhaust/suspension. and test drive it, sit in it alone, smell it...I know it sounds weird but some cars smell bad you know

I'd rather a dually.

its called black trim paint. works wonders.

Buy a GMC Envoy XUV. Those convert into actual SUVs.

I've always hated me :/ I banged this girl in one. Most uncomfortable back seat in the world.

>available 3/4 ton pickup/SUV
>get the 1/4 ton instead

Get one. I love mine.

No one's going to buy a pickup SUV hybrid to haul dirt, you fucking yokel.

>Alright boss, we've cut the rear roof off a Suburban, now what do we do to finish the conversion?
>A HUGE FUCKING SLAB OF GREY PLASTIC
This conversation didn't happen in a small body shop, but at the GM headquarters.

You showed me bro. Im returning my Avalanche to where I bought it right now!

Alternatively
>How do we bully people into buying the Escalade EXT and not the much cheaper Avalanche even though they're basically identical?
>MAKE THE REAR COVER ON THE ESCALADE GLOSSY AND BODY COLORED, AND FOR THE AVALANCHE YOU WILL FIND ME THE UGLIEST GREY PLASTIC TO EVER COME OUT OF OUR MATERIALS TRASH BIN, THAT'LL TEACH THOSE CHEVY BUYING MORONS TO BUY A CADILLAC

Arguing over something so stupid... this must be the same crowd that thinks a fuckin miata passes for a real car.

>this delusion
Saabkyle04 has one. Shows what you know.

The plastic on the original Avalanche is a huge turn off.

My uncle had a 2nd gen 2wd base model as a work truck. It was the smoothest vehicle I've ever driven. The 5.3L V8 had plenty of power. I also loved how the rear seats folded down, it was great for loading in large fargile items, or items you didn't want in the rain. He owned a woodshop and made it the perfect vehicle for custom made products. Its so much better than the Ridgeline. Fuel Economy is the same, but you get a lot more capability.

I Would buy it if the rear seats could fold down and combine with the bed like the Avalanche.

what the fuck is that!?!

>hauling dirt is the only reason you would want more power, higher payload, higher tow rating, and significantly stronger axles and transmission

I used to hate it but it's really grown on me over the years. Even the first gen is available without the plastic cladding though.

boy those are fuck ugly

yeah

Why? the truckbed space is abysmal. If you're going to get a truck, get a usable one ffs.

you must have an obese family if you need to upgrade your axles for normal use

it's like a lifted 4x4 sedan

>What do you think you can't put in the bed?

not that guy, but literally nothing. it's a suburban not a 1500. it's weight limit is like 500 lbs and that puts the bed on the tires. no bullshit.

they're really stupid suv's

No, I just like buying stuff that I know is going to last rather than knowingly buying weak, disposable vehicles and hoping I'll sell them before they wear out.

>room for a refrigerator
>room for a skid of plywood

>not usable
wat

>literally nothing
See >it's a Suburban not a 1500
Most Suburbans ARE 1500s, they're also available as 2500s, just like the Avalanche.

>it's weight limit is like 500 lbs and that puts the bed on the tires.
I imagine you're talking about the 1500 with rear coils. The 2500 has a 2072 lb payload.