Who else uses cars and bikes as a distraction from their shitty miserable lives?

Who else uses cars and bikes as a distraction from their shitty miserable lives?

>One friend, rarely talk to family
>If I'm not at work I'm thinking about/wrenching on something
>Only time I go out other than work is for food or to get parts
>Bought a project bike purely to give me something to do

you've come to the right place

cars + video games here.

This depresses me :/

>not that many close friends
>most of them live multiple hours away
>none of them are into cars

Fuck, I don't even have my license yet, let alone a car.

I use my car obsession to fill the void left in the absence of any real relationships or close friendships. I have one good friend who doesn't understand why I like cars so much, and my response is usually to play it off as a joke like "haha I must be obsessed or something"

I'm only 20 and I already have two project cars and they're the most important things to me

I go out for a drive all the friday and saturday nights to avoid staying home alone and feel depressed.

It's pathetic I know.

I guess sort of?
I think thats what a lot of people do with their hobbies though.

I mean - i have a ton of friends. 85ish % of them are all car/bike friends.

I think most things outside of cars/bikes are shitty.

>try to make plans with a friend
>friend has to cancel last minute
>could call another friend and make new plans
>decide not to and drive through the local mountain pass to get my mind off of how lonely I am

This is a regular occurrence

Just curious, but I have a hard time enjoying a casual drive when someone is also driving close behind me. How do you deal with that?

its not pathetic, night drives/rides are the best.

I'll usually let them pass if I'm going really slow. The mountains out here have plenty of turnouts and I'll just slow into one of them and let them pass. If it's late enough at night there arent a lot of other cars, anyways

bikes, my truck and music make my life bretty good

>gf dumped me after 5 years
>next girl I tried broke me hearty
>no genuine friends
>bored of the uni

And finally, my car came out of the shop. Still doing the engine's first 500km with the ECU limiting at 4k and we're dyno tuning it afterwards...I'd wager 220fwhp out of my beloved unassuming southamerican shitbox.

I kiss it everynight and with it I think much less frequently of suicide.

Pic related.

anime/weeb bullshit and cars

yep.

i'm either jerking off to doujins or working on my bmw if im not sleeping in bed all day or working

>mfw take out my aggression on the touge by bullying normies in my 280whp straight piped FD

drive faster senpai

>Driving slow enough that someone can be on your tail
ISHYGDDT

>dump my super nice gf
>move to california for master's
>student housing, no garage
>had to leave cat with parents
>apply for lots of jobs, no bites
>no project car
>stay up all night shitposting with adult swim on in the background
>drink too much
>go on long drives and wonder what I'm doing
>no cat

>Best friend moved to texas
>lost contact with other friends after highschool
>don't like facebook or other social media
>spent 3 years literally doing nothing but living with my dad
>my car has problems but no money to fix it
>tfw no gf

Living the dream

This. I drive my shitbox like a madman. No power means I dont know how to use brakes, all about that momentum.

Yeah I guess so, aside from cars and bikes all I've got is crippling loneliness.

Its impossible to find a guy into it to be honest, all my straight mates are bikers and we all work on shit together, they're also all ronery. I guess its just a magnet, can't fix your own problems so fix a machines.

You a gayboi?
>tfw no cute bf to wrench on car with then retire to nextfilx and chill

Yeah, that's pretty much the dream life.

Hardly any gay guys are into cars in the slightest, the furthest it goes is "oh, I drive a red one". Shit, most people don't have a clue what displacement their engine is or anything.

I've given up man, I always meet dudes who I wrench with and inevitably crush on, then one day suddenly
>I can't today, I'm out with my gf
>out with my gf
>gf

Every time man :(

I do op, i just baught a ls integra to toy with when im not working on my 89 crx

Cars (more specifically lack of thereof) is the reason of my misery.

>"oh, I drive a red one"
Usually for me its "I drive a sports car, what one? A miata" The stereotype is real

Where you from, man?

all I do in my spare time is drive to new areas of my city as well try to improve my driving ability. I havent had any friends since school ended 2 years ago.

Im not unhappy just lonely.

>Drive my STi on the I-25 corridor at midnight to get out of the house
>Regularly reach speeds of 100+ mph
>Mom worries I'll end up dead
>Driving fast is the only way I feel alive anymore

There has to be more, right guys?

Yeah, theres always 200mph.

My car is stock other than the Accessport. Can't get to 200 even if I wanted.

Oh well.

>owns a car
>Veeky Forums is the right place
choose one

welcome to Veeky Forums

each user of each relevant board uses the boards subject to fill that void.

Veeky Forums has video games
/mu/ has shitty music
/tv/ has child actors and films
Veeky Forums has cars

we're all the same on Veeky Forums hence why we're all here.

Just revival in the fact Veeky Forums isn't all NEET's with no money and we can fill that void with not only cars but retail therapy.

Imagine the poor anons on /pol/ or /b/ who literally have nothing but Veeky Forums.

sometimes i wish i crashed and died while driving at high speed, then i can always be remembered for being a madman.

You've got to live as a madman to be remembered as one.

>trying to get car registered in this state
>take it to mechanic for MOT
>at inspection
>rear coolant bypass pipe blows
>defected for pod filter being too loud
>cv boot falls off
>I just spent all my money replacing all the shit they told me was broken before
why even live?

Same. I suck at wrenching but even though it took me hours to do some simple shit I thought about work for 0 of those

I've got over $60k in various cars to hide the fact that I hate living.

I hate women because of the number of times I've been hurt; wish I were gay, but I'm 100% straight.

I'm not even ugly or a NEET; I'm a lonely introvert.

We're it not for my cars, I'd have blown my head off.

I literally have nothing but Veeky Forums. but even when I had job, gf, friends, was studying, the only thing that made me happy was talking to you faggots here. so I dropped out of all of that stuff. and to be honest, just being NEET and being here all day on autism bux is the happiest ive ever been. I even moved back into my parents house and used my /diy/ skills to renovate my room. I get a twinge of panic whenever i think about the future, that i dont have any 419k, retirement fund, children to put me in a nice nursing home, tfw no qt3.14 grand daughter to sit on grandpas lap. but then I just go wrench or play vidya until it stops.

A lot do that, actually

You'll be surprised a lot of guys who actually have their own families do that to get away from them.

I personally spend my friday and saturday nights drinking myself to slumber, then spend saturday day wrenching. thats how i cope.

I used to have close friends now I have a wife and a kid and fun cars. It's different but not that bad.

pretty much

I have one friend and he is moving to another state. And even then he can be a bit annoying, I don't think we're super close.

I have no direction in life, the only thing that I actively work towards is the next thing on my project car checklist

I do
I fill the hole with cars and motorcycles.
Hell the motorcycle was because I was hoping that someone would t bone me and end my life

I love my life and I love driving. If you have no friends why not go make some to love driving with? I recommend getting into club racing but there are other ways to enjoy cars and bikes with other people you could do too if that's not your bag. Even iketani and itsuki were lonely drivers together.

Get a dog dude

The faggots that come into work go golfing at 7am to get away from their families. They spend 4 hours fucking around on the course getting shitfaced on light beer and beating on the golf carts.

Allergic to all animals.

get a robot

get a gay bf who's not into sex.

>tfw live in eurocuck country
>can't even use cars as a distraction because the only thing government will let you drive is a 1.3 diesel

>tfw soon my country's gubbermint will ban ICEs completely

Just wanted to say that I love you guys
N-no homo

I use working on cars to get away pretty much.
Hate my wife hate my life no friends in my state
Kicked family out for bumming off of me. But I've come to a point where I don't even want to wrench because no matter how my car runs my life won't get any better

ColOmbia, south america. What about you user?

Pic related: my only reason to live.

Haha thats real? I thought that shit was something from family guy.

>my only friend is my boyfriend
>1000sq/ft apartment not big enough
>own 2 cars
>not happy with where i am in life
i just need to keep paying over the minimum payment on my car and show up to work for the next 10 years and ill have my complete dream garage

so many friends turned to assholes and they all always come back, their loss....

I used to be all of that. But by the grace of god and lady luck I got a gf and was able to sort myself out. Pretty soon I'll be able to get my dream car. Already secured the house and wife, credit is going back to normal and Im controlled with my PTSD and depression. I dont know how i did it but im glad i had you all when i was down. Thats why im still here.

user, Im genuinely glad fortune smiled upon you and bestowed you with a grill. Mine was the perfect woman and after 5 years she dumped me unceremoniously for a fucking guy she met at a choir. If I had cancer she wouldve had pity, but since it was severe depression then "I" am the one to blame.

Sincerely hoping you dont get as fucked as I did.

>One friend, rarely talk to family
>If I'm not at work I'm thinking about/wrenching on something
>Only time I go out other than work is for food or to get parts
>Have two unregistered cars I can't drive because I'm a sucker for cheap shitboxes that go nowhere

Busrider against my will, want to die everyday :^)

If you're still here, where do you live?

grill? post feet

if not fuck off bender

What's with all the fucking tripfags lately?

Well that's something, at least you could go for a ride with them in miata power. I've literally never met a single guy with even the slightest interest in cars at all.

London
Plz be London ;_;

Being American middle class sounds tough, going by this thread.

>south america
>car upside down

Checks out.

just need to start shipping Columbian booger sugar to an American user and you both can have really nice cars.

ive been here all summer tho

>>dump my super nice gf
Fuck up #1

>>move to california for master's
Fuck up #2

Everything after is a downward spiral.

Why did you give it all up user?

Driving/Wrenching are are the only things that make me smile anymore
help

oh wow, at least you guys had a girlfriend or something, this guy even managed to get married despite the ptsd. while i don't even have money for gasoline and no job because in this crappy yuropoor no one will even look at you if you don't have some sort of shitty degree, even mopping floors is kind of tough to get. i'm just wasting my life and having 0 motivation for anything, survived a ridiculous car crash and the only thing that makes me happy is i might die soon in another car crash.

I'm a uni student with no money. I own a car but it's hundreds of miles away, and it's just a vaguely practical 1.4l non-VTEC Honda Fit.

There's one person that I get on with, and Ihave no idea what she is to me, but she's hundreds of miles away too.

I don't know what I even live for

>tv has child actors

Kek which part of I-25, senpai?

Mostly Hamden Avenue down to Interquest Parkway. Nice straight away through some cool scenery.

My life is great, but sometimes at night I'll go throw my car around a parking lot or take it on the highway if I've got something bothering me.

1. We weren't going to work out long term. She had really bad emotional codependency issues and I couldn't keep up.

2. It seemed like a nice place

It's gonna be okay, I just have to wait another year, then I can wander on. Pic related is first on the list.

feel you OP, losing my mind now that I have no money for parts

I'm in CO too user, I love to hoon about garden of the gods or on the dirt roads out in Peyton / Falcon real late at night. Driving around and working on my babies are the only things that make me feel any sort of happiness anymore.

>Pic related: muh babes.

/pol/ makes me depressed so then I go driving. Day of the Rope is starting to seem like less of a meme and more of a want the more I read.

literally the only reason I haven't dropped college entirely and given up on life is because I want to buy a car and have it be completely my own, like the satisfaction I got when I first built my computer.
I still do really shitty though because its hard to stay motivated

Zirtec and non-shedding dog

>drive a shitbox
>have to go out for dinner with gf and her family, offered to drive because I enjoy driving
>drive nice and easy while I have passengers in my car
>as soon as I drop them off, go full WOT and push my shitbox to its limits

Am I the only one?

i use slutty bottom boys to escape reality

i want to move out with another Veeky Forums dude, it would be super chill

haha nope, soon as im 1 houses away its WOT

Im /pol/, /k/, Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums, dont have guns and cant cook, anyone else multiboard?

i am /pol/ Veeky Forums Veeky Forums /k/

I have car, guns and can cook. Also Trump 2016

for me it's cars and guns.
/k/ommand/o/ life is suffering
my piece of shit project gokart thing is my stress relief.
pic related - sorry its a neck breaker, phone is a bitch.

>/k/

I want furries to LEAVE.

Yup. I will only detail/clean my car when I feel like shit. Takes my mind off everything for a few hours.

I think I polished my rims 4-5 times the other day before I realized how many times I had done it.

kek I'm all those as well
>/a/ but have shit taste
>/pol/ even though I'm a black muzzie
>/k/ even though I'm a nofuns
>Veeky Forums even though I drive a poorfag civic
>Veeky Forums even though I eat exclusively subway and what ever my mom cooks
>/r9k/ is the only board that I can actually relate to as a depressed collegecuck

KYS.

>/mu/ has shitty music
Spotted the peasant

Also you forgot /g/ has gentoo (neckbeard OS), or Arch (time sink OS)

Which is made sadder by Veeky Forums being cancerous and destructive.

There's so much bitter negativity and overarching propaganda that you just feel like you're being beaten down by all of it. The faggots over on places like r/Veeky Forums think this place is all jokes and funny, creepy greentexts but they don't know just how rare that kind of crap is and how so much more is just angry cynicism and naziposting thats lost all illusion of irony.

What makes it worse is all the introverted loners are pushed into places like this because few people seem to understand or even care about them, and when explosions like gamergate happen which are supposed to be reactionary against all the pushing and attacks, it only makes us more isolated and alone.

So we keep coming here again and again even though we hate it because there's just nothing else.

Bullshit. Veeky Forums, just like life, is what you make of it. If you can go in lighthearted and seek out more lighthearted stuff, you'll have a great time. If you only focus on the negativity (like you seem to be doing) then you'll only see doom and gloom.

Chin up and see the sunny side of like mate.

You're not alone brother

Iktfb