Why are the Dutch never discussed on this board?

Why are the Dutch never discussed on this board?

Because most Americans don't know where Dutch is.

I've never heard about "Dutchland".

Mostly because they don't have the strongest military history their legacy is economic, which is less "interesting" to the surface level history fans
Yes they do

You could have posted about some particular of Dutch history, and thus began a discussion of the Netherlands. But no. Instead you just bitched about why no one did your job for you.

Yeah I am sorry you are right, let's talk about the Dutch golden age

You could ask the same question about other small countries or specific non-European ones, makker.

This guy ruined the netherlands for us. Not sure about the rest of the world.

yeah that whole Tulip ordeal is quite the legacy to leave

Because Veeky Forums only cares about the Byzantine Empire, whether Germany could have won WW2, and what race various historical figures were.

>shitty empire in some obscure place nobody knows or cares about even now
>boring history
>probably the most bland, boring country and people in the world today

Maybe thats why

Muil houden, domme Waal

We literally have the best infrastructure in the world fucking retard, while americans like you probably have the worst in the western world

Butthurt

You're a fag

Wew lad

There was a cool thread a week or two back about what if William of Orange had a son that inherited a united crown of England and Holland.

Op is a dutch and you want to know what people think of your country?
The only thing i know about dutch history it's all in the artistic field. Rambrandt, Bosch and Vermeer and Van Gogh are some of my all time favorite painters.
Somehow there's Bosch paintings in my country.

Because Americans don't care about anything that happened before 1941. In their worldview, every nation that has ever existed has been the same way it has been for thousands of years and will never change, same with the US being a superpower despite this only being a thing for less than a century.

Ned was the center of civilization for a brief period after Italy stopped being relevant until some time in the 17th century when Louis XIV ruined everything and commerce gravitated towards a more secure location (London).

You know you are joking but it actually is a hugely important event

OK, let me contribute. But first: do NOT call the Netherlands Holland. Hollies are not my friend and probably money worshippers too.

Netherland aquired its wealth thanks to "ontginning" of peat bog and selling the peat.

Also: Nethersaxons not Netherfrankish, ok?

It's the center of civilization at this very moment imo

I'm Dutch and I am baffled by our intellectuals: most are boring, non-erudite and even folkish. Most intellectuals I read, whatever it is science, history or philosophy come from the United States or the UK.

The only good Dutch book I read was one that was heavily inspired by Silicon Valley ideology.
(And that comes from someone who doesn't like Silicon Valley that much)

We might have wealth and economic strenght, but we lack cultural significance. Maybe a bit when it comes to music.

it really is too.
I feel if it was more widely known, half of these economic crashes and bubbles could have prevented.
Instead we're repeating a lesson we should have learned 400 years ago.

>Mostly because they don't have the strongest military history
A lot of nautical battles, though, some legendary.

Is it bad form to say "The Netherlands" in the same way as saying "The Ukraine" when speaking about the country?

'The Netherlands' is the correct way to say it

Thanks user

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much.

Because they don't exist.

They have cheap Molly rocks
Buy the molly and sell it to inner city dwellers, quick!

>but we lack cultural significance
>what is high quality MDMA

because leopold 2 should've allowed his plan to go on and we should've conquered their heathen asses

Je kanker moeder TFOE KAHBA ZEMMEL

Mocro je weet zelf, Wij nemen overrr

Do hablo engles?

Kut marokkaan.

our culture is modesty

I am reading about William III and James II now. Maybe it's because I'm a burger, but the whole thing strikes me as one giant 'wut'.

I cannot fathom swapping out one autocratic head of state for another just like that.

Same problem you had back in the Enlightenment. You guys had one of the strongest publishing industries at the time, but you were hampered because, for whatever reason, your language seems to suffer more than most when translated.

Back then Europe was divided by the Catholics and the more tolerant Protestants, the majority of England was Protestant but their king was a Catholic. William was a Protestant, I guess you can compare it to the German Anschluss.

Oh, absolutely. But it was still a revolution with all the drama and turnover of changing brands of detergent at the local grocery.

I don't understand why every thread has to have posts whining about Americans, It is like an obsession with some of you guys.

I see retarded ignorant shit posted by Europeans just as much.

And weed and hookers.

Jealousy.

They are mad that we're #1

#1 in obesity
#1 in homosex marriage
#1 in race mixing

the list goes on...

>mfw my country can destroy and conquer yours in less than a week

Must suck being a foreigner

Actually you are wrong. Their highways are awesome and their countryside is beautiful. Besides that iam not convicted for smoking le marijuana there :^)

>vietnam
>afghanistan
>irak
>america conquering anyone ever

meme understanding of modern warfare.

S I X T Y P E R C E N T