/mcg/ - Minecraft General

"The Grass was Greener, the Light was Brighter" Edition
Previous bread: We discuss Minecraft, mods, modpacks, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/KryptonCaptain
youtube.com/watch?v=jhn9pPj88vI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

need good mods for 1.10.2

also tinkererC shruikins are hilarious.

>forks github still not in OP

>github.com/KryptonCaptain
-Baubles Minus Botania 2: The Rewrite
-Simple Redstone (botania hourglass, open crate, ender observer)
-Simple Conveyors (IE conveyors, router and hammer)
-TCon (better battlegear slot compat for tools, config to disable mystcraft page blacklist)
-Thaumic Bases (configs for more modules, new tab layout, content cleanup)
-Witching Gadgets (content cleanup, config for modules, new tab layout)

why the fuck does this keep happening?

You've been blessed by the thaumic equivalent of CLANG

OP here. My bad, I just copied the old OP.

Ahahaha oh wow it fucking works
>spiky pressure plate = 4 damage/second
>on top of pedestal = 240 blood/damage tick
>siren in water = regens
And apparently the regen is strong enough to recover more than 4 damage per second. I don't have to make witch reactors anymore, hooray for swamp reactors! Time to get started with Blood Magic so I can finally enact revenge on Nagas that have permanent regen on water as well!

Coincidentally, I just learned that you can rename filled soul vials in an anvil to apply the name to the mob inside.
Also, the dumb wall of stone autism is complete!

I have a confession memecrappers.

I don't actually know how to build anything. I just hollow out underground facilities. I have some crafting stations, a bed and chest at my minehead, and another one at the base of my ladder.

neither do i
but that doesn't stop me from trying

>Try to actually get into witchery for once instead of just having it installed
>Fucking everything requires diamonds
>Equipment requires diamonds
>Altar upgrades require diamonds
>Any ritual worth a damn requires diamonds
>Poppets require diamonds
>Dream weavers require diamonds
>An assortment of high end items and brews require diamonds
Holy shit, this would be too much even if I was just playing vanilla + witchery and didn't need diamonds for anything else

those look like shingles
i want to know what mod that is

bamboomod

Fortune III

This perfectly sums up everything i hate about both skeletons and thaumic golems.

And then I had an Enderman grinder.
Still need to find out if these count as player kills, though. Maybe using Blazes could work for this.

Some of those boxes I found around seem to give the weirdest shit in the furnace, though.
Yes, those are Notch apples.

nigga wat

apparently dutch for nice shit

Yup, looks like they do.
>all mob-related problems solved at once
Thank you for being more broken than I thought, Evilcraft. I never expected you to be so weak to the good old witch reactor.
I should check if I can use this for wither skeletons too.
Well then.

>wither skeletons
You can turn skeleton skulls into wither skulls. Not sure if you need the diamond upgrade or gold.

Does anyone know a good modlist for beta versions? Yes, beta.

recognising that it is clear that lex is cancerous does not require a circlejerk. some things really ARE clearcut black and white, whether you like it or not, assie you cocksucker.

because a sandbox isn't built on the idea of being "TEH CHALLUNJING GAYM".

>if you give a cake to Re-class, she grows cat ears
CUTE

I thought she put her hood down and always had cat ears?

No idea, I've never seen images of her with cat ears and it doesn't look like there are many of them on danbooru either (other than in a comic). Still cute cute though

>MUH SANDBOX EXCUSE
Even a sandbox has stuff as rules (sand doesn't fly), challenges (no such thing as prebuilt sand castles) and balance (if all sand goes to one side, you'll have less fun).

They were talking about ideas for mods on the other thread and it just came to me. I want to be able to make TiC items out of glowstone and then they illuminate the nearby.. 5 blocks or something like that

I'm looking to try modded Minceraft again. Thaumcraft looked fun enough to get back into but I didn't do much the first time I tried it years ago.
Is there any sort of mod pack I should get that everyone else is using with it?

Rather right-clicking with the Glowstone tool uses a durability to leave a "shard" that acts like a torch.

There was supposed to be a modifier for that, take a look at the mod's textures and you'll see the graphics for it.

Did you even read the technical write-up, or are you just assuming all of computer science is pulled out of a hat?

As someone that went to school for Computer Science, it more or less is. 90% of the time your code just doesn't work for no reason, and changing a variable from all lowercase to have a leading uppercase makes it magically work.

Hoboserb is probably the most active. Often times 12+ people on at night.

I didn't mean that, I was referring more to the writeup I wrote, or why raw OpenGL access in ISBRHs was a horrible, horrible hack with display lists and is not possible at all with either VBOs or multithreaded rendering.

>tfw you realize everyone in charge of influencing modded Minecraft are middle-aged married men trying to maintain a second income by stretching out the status quo as long as possible

what the fuck is this clang meme I keep seeing

ftb is to /mcg/ as jews are to /pol/, you guys think they have far more influence than they do.

ded

Building big things is fun.

ur ded kiddo

FTB has almost majority control over the direction of modded Minecraft, mate.

>citation needed

What are the best colony/town mods so far? Ancient warfare 2 is one, but are there any others?

Guys it hurts.

I can't even remember the last time I played on a server.

So.. I am going to explore space in minecraft. And I need a spaceship. Give me ideas guys

I hate not playing on one now. It's boring as hell to play by myself.

I like adding little by little to my own world over the course of months and years. It's mine and no one else can touch it.

>curse owns the forums
>curse owns ftb
>curse owns forge
>curse own the primary means of mod distributuion
it's not ftb; it's curse.

/egg/ god of engineering, chaos, and misery, an avatar of the Crawling Chaos Nyarlathotep

Been there, done that.

I used to not give a shit, until I started playing on Trainserb and having more fun than usual.

and lots of modders and modpack makers eager to help fill their coffers if it means five minutes of fame

deddest general

>tfw finally started working on learning how to mod
now maybe I can finally port atomic science

/xsfg/ is deder

U.S.S. Enterprise if you got friends.

/rtsg/ is dedder
;_;

rip

I am in more of a.. Red Dwarf kinda situation.
All alone

speaking of, wasn't there someone making a harvest moon themed mod?

Well this one looks like it could suit a solo expedition. Big enough for supplies and stuff, maybe enough space for another person if you get a friend.

Not sure how feasible it is, not sure what mod you're using. There's some pretty neat designs on Deviantart too, from what I recall

What's it like having friends?

but srsly, is it worth playing on a server? Because it seems like most of the time everyone will be playing past each other rather than in any collaborative or competitive sense.

>What's it like having friends?
I don't know if I can call my fellow Veeky Forums fags 'friends' honestly, even though they have all been cool dudes.

>playing past eachother
I fully admit this is the case, but collaboration seemed to happen more than I expected it to. Nothing really big or dramatic, most of it was small things. Most everyone lived very far apart, which was fine on TrainSerb what with all the travel enhancements. I did spend a good bit of time moving sand for other players, and was supplying our commie with sand almost on my own.

I'd say conservatively that about half the shit I made was set up for other people to use in addition to myself. Not saying anyone actually used it, though. They were either too far away for most people or redundant. I think my lava loading station saw the most use.

Last time I played was alpha, looking to start a new modded game, what do you recommend?

- Survival
- some kind of automation would be nice, always hated having to grind minerals
- The computer/power stuff looked nice

Is there a modpack that suits my needs?

Tinkerer's Construct works for any version you'd be interested in trying. It has two primary focuses, it gives you tools with a strightforward enchanting system that make mining less slow and it has a multiblock smelter that doubles the value of ores you put into it.

Its a little more interesting than making a shitload of vanilla iron picks.

In general 1.7.10, 1.8.9 or 1.10.2(most recent) are the versions to use. 1.7.10 has the most mods, but feels dated.

The only time I played on a minecraft server was with my real life friends in high-school during the beta days.
Honestly that's the only way I would ever play MC multiplayer anymore.

Sure everyone is doing their own thing sometimes, but often we would build in clusters close together, so you would have the feeling that something was always happening around (aka you didn't feel completely alone in the world).
But sometimes we would take on projects together or somebody would ask for help on a certain project. And you of course had the commie storage.
And then there was also the chat, so you could still banter/hangout a bit even if you weren't close to each other

Thanks senpai sounds good

I've had fun with both Thaumcraft 4 (1.7.10) and 5 (1.8.9). Botaina isn't a bad mod despite what they say here. Unofficial Botania for 1.10.2. Botania's kinda main thing is tools and armor that repair with mana, but Tinkerer's makes them kinda unneeded.

Mostly though either do 1.10.2 or 1.7.10.

Anyone ever make legit sailing ships? As in helm, wind and sails. none of this rowboat crap or magical hovercraft steamboat.

>pic

wait a sec is that quarter-slab slope block to distribute tree trunks from trains?

It's the illusion of a working conveyor belt to load the train, yes. The cars are loaded by Advanced Item Loaders placed beneath the track. This is one of the "made-for-all, used-by-one" things I was talking about.

Was worth making, though.

>Tfw Juegoman never comes on anymore

>build farms for everything
>automatic farms for everything
>build rails between them
>automate trains between everything farms
>automate building of automated farms
>automate building of rail laying and rail automation
>euthanized by AI to free of precious mass and volume for automation

1.) Are you playing 1.7.10?
2.) Do you suffer from autism or other obsessive/compulsive disorders?

>>automate trains between everything farms
Apparently this is a capablility of TrainCraft, and I have not once fucked with it. I can see it being handy if someone needs a shipment of something, but otherwise "meh".
>>automate building of rail laying and rail automation
Can't do this tho.

bait

Yes
Probably
>tfw I bait za dusto.

You can in railcraft.

>You can in railcraft.
Probably. I would not, personally. Every time I have tried to rely on a machine to lay track, it fucks me in the asshole.

>modded minecraft
>been playing every day for a few weeks
>everything fine and stable, no crashes, good framerate
>log in today
>12 frames per second, if that
>I didn't even do anything last time I played except go mining, just vanilla pickaxe cave mining

I don't know why I bother.

Bump.

My fall trap is working.

>ftb so bad that doors are disappearing

they're literally on the same level of shit as resonant rise now, who couldn't fix their doors for ages

Immediately gave me Super Mario 64 PTSD
youtube.com/watch?v=jhn9pPj88vI

not enough long jumps.

you need to 100% it again as an adult.

>Implying it's my video and not one I just happened to link

Long jumps underrated in my opinion

half a press

>2016
>no Magic Shell mod for Minecraft
Feels Badman.

how far apart to put nodes in a node bully room?

corners of a 9x9x9 room, with the node you want to grow in the very center

5 is the farthest away you can put them and still bully each other. The level of activity increases the closer you get.

Reminder that Civcraft Worlds has begun and if you would like to get in on the fun you should visit ch.net/civ

Bump for answer

I regret nothing.

>follow mr. crayfish's tutorials, everything's going nice, managed to add some simple stuff
>decide I want to take a look at some proper mods
How the fug do you get thing from github into eclipse all proper like?
>also decide to take a look at the source of atomic science/resonant induction/whatever after using a decompiler on it
>completely alien to 1.7.10 stuff
Might just do a full rewrite and steal art assets and snippets of code.
It'll be easier on my brain.
Also the fact that calclavia didn't really make it easy to isolate which parts of the resonantlib are only necessary for atomic age did not help.
Such bad organizational structure.
Maybe.
I don't know to much about organizing complex things.

Calclavia said that he was going to port his mods into 1.7
That was maybe a year ago or so...
The most progress he has had is porting a shitty part of ICBM into 1.7
gg
You're doing god's work, user. Godspeed

>Most mods use curse now
>That one fucker mod that still forces you to go through adfly
>Adly gets buttfucked by 20 dozen popup blockers, bugs out can't skip link ever
>Refresh adfly page another million times until it stops shitting the bed
>Takes adfly's shitty servers 10 minutes to upload a 2mb mod
And here I was, almost forgetting the joy of adfly penis in my bum, can't wait for that crap to finally die out, good riddance

there ARE adfly skipper browser extensions, y'know. it's shit, but it's not like there's -nothing- you can do about it.

hi slowpoke

>>That one fucker mod that still forces you to go through adfly
>that 99% chance the page will clickjack you and direct you to a Totally Legit Download Siteā„¢
>that one fucker from /r/FTB who will inevitably barge in and go "STOP BEING ENTITLED" on any site where someone complains about how shit Adfly has become as a platform

You're falling quite quickly into a pit of lava adjacent a nether fortress. You have iron armor, basic tools, an empty bucket and blocks on your hotbar.

can you survive?